• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madhuri's Life Story

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Namaste Madhuri,

Your story is interesting! Being a Vaishnava, I appreciate your strong devotion to Krishna when your father chose to convert :) May your spirituality grow every day! Best wishes.

Me Myself

Back to my username
According to most your friends, which is your biggest virtue?

What is the attribute that ou most eny about yourself?

Of this day so far, which stuff is the silliest that has happened to you?

Of this day so far, what is it that you are most grateful of?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
According to most your friends, which is your biggest virtue?

Hmmm, I would say something along the lines of friendliness and easy to talk to. People think I'm very nice.

What is the attribute that ou most eny about yourself?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Of this day so far, which stuff is the silliest that has happened to you?

The silliest would be playing around with my kid cousin. She has so much energy and we act really silly together.

Of this day so far, what is it that you are most grateful of?

Family :)

Me Myself

Back to my username
Meant to say what is the attribuite you must like about yourself (not sure how it transformed to such a typo monster :D)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Meant to say what is the attribuite you must like about yourself (not sure how it transformed to such a typo monster :D)

I think what I like the most is my self esteem. I know what I want, what I like and I don't let other people influence me to be less than that. Plenty of self respect but very little modesty :p

BrokenHearted2

вяσкєη вυт вєιηg яєѕтσяє∂
That's a lovely life story and interactions with others here in this thread. I wish you much happiness pursuing your career in Human Resource Management. You said in one response you are a bookworm. What are you reading now?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a lovely life story and interactions with others here in this thread. I wish you much happiness pursuing your career in Human Resource Management. You said in one response you are a bookworm. What are you reading now?

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I have been reading a couple of books, including beta reading a friends' new novel. I finally finished that and am continuing with Under the Dome (which I started reading just before I found out the tv series was going to air).

Are you a book lover?

BrokenHearted2

вяσкєη вυт вєιηg яєѕтσяє∂
Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I have been reading a couple of books, including beta reading a friends' new novel. I finally finished that and am continuing with Under the Dome (which I started reading just before I found out the tv series was going to air).

Are you a book lover?

:yes: Yes, and I love Stephen King whom you are reading from now(esp The Stand). Fiction I've read and liked included Tolkien, Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, C.S. Lewis, Dickens, Arthur Canon Doyle, Anne Rice, Frank Peretti, Piers Anthony (Anything Xanth esp Castle Roogna), Andre' Norton(Magic Series), Orson Scott Card (The Alvin Maker Series) and Anne McCaffrey(Pern)

I was way into Alan Dean Foster (Spellsinger Series) in Highschool and actually got Saturday detention once over his book The Moment of the Magician. (When I received it in the mail I skipped school to read it!- the only time I skipped I might add ;) )

Faith based writers that I like are CS Lewis, Oswald Chambers, Leanne Payne,Max Lucado, and Joyce Meyers.

In Bible College while studying Revelation, I read Shakespeare's Julius Caesar which really shed light on how contemptuous an actual "Antichrist/world emperor" character might be. Caesar as you probably remember became despised by the Senate around him. In his speech before his assassination Caesar the character compares himself to the Northern Star:
I could be well moved if I were as you.
If I could pray to move, prayers would move me.
But I am constant as the Northern Star,
Of whose true fixed and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament.
The skies are painted with unnumbered sparks;
They are all fire, and every one doth shine;
But there’s but one in all doth hold his place. (III.i.58–65)

This sounded a lot like the Biblical Lucifer, but my teacher thought it was a huge waste of time to read this in unison. Not me, it fleshed out the Mythical Character of the Antichrist in my mind.

I collect books and frequent rummage sales and antique shops to find them at bargain prices. I have a huge collection. I also collect books on Circus Arts, Comedians/Jokes,and Stage Illusions.

Right now I'm reading Lederer's Get Thee to a Punnery (Puns), George Carlin's An Orgy of George, Oswald Chamber's Not Knowing Where (About Abraham), and Lucado's In the Grip of Grace. Soon I will reread Erich Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods. I read liberally and often go from one book to another if I get bored. I'm not a big TV guy. This week of course I've been reading a lot of threads on RF of course! :bounce

My devotion time is at night when I'm working (I'm a nightshift nurse) and before I go to work in my prayer closet. I read a Psalm, a Proverb, an Old Testament Book, a Gospel Chapter, and a NT Letter Daily.

Yep I'm an incurable readaholic! LOL:angel2:

Hello Madhuri,
I am sure you have watched :Hum app ka hain kaun??
I have few q,if u dont mind.
Which village in West Bengal,district?
I came from there too.
But I was born there.I grew up in Jeddah.Mysister lives in australia.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello Madhuri,
I am sure you have watched :Hum app ka hain kaun??
I have few q,if u dont mind.
Which village in West Bengal,district?
I came from there too.
But I was born there.I grew up in Jeddah.Mysister lives in australia.

Hi! And welcome to the forum :)
I actually have a not seen that movie but I am putting it on my list of films to watch.
I lived in Nabadwip, district of Nadia.

Aganjuzu

seeker
Very nice little auto-biography

"Be more humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, always offering respect onto others and never expecting any in return"

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu

Interesting signature.

My spiritual evolution is constant. My understandings are always changing.

I've been pretty humble,tolerant and respectful most of my life. Lately this has become extremely difficult. My understandings are changing on that one.
Treating others as i want to be treated is a good idea, but some ppl expect that and use it against u.
Times change and some things lose their meaning. Your signature makes me crazy when i read it over and over.

I'm tired of being trampled on like a blade of grass.

Trees can sure listen, but not talk. I CAN.

I find it respectful to give certain ppl "hell" because i feel they need and deserve it. Others might see this as disrespectful. I see some "disrespect" as very respectful to the "big picture".

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Aganjuzu,
my sig isn't a state that I can pretend to actually exemplify but rather it is a state of being that I look up to and keep as a reminder or what I want to be like.

There's this little thing we all have called an ego and as far as I can see we tend to give it a whole lot more importance than it necessarily deserves. By this I actually mean that we give ourselves class and status and humanly conceived ideas of 'deserved' or 'owed'. This is all part of the notion that one ego is better or worse than another ego.

To me the sig is a reminder that I, or my ego, is not better or above that of any other. In fact I believe all individuals are equal. Humility comes from recognising that I'm not better or more deserving than others.

Tolerance to me is something different. It speaks of the transient nature of all things in and part of material life. It reminds me that the mundane is ultimately unimportant and out of my control and cannot give me happiness. It also reminds me that the day to day challenges are illusory things, with no real lasting meaning to me. So when I read the quote, I'm reminded to be tolerant because all the stressful and painful things that occur are fleeting and hold little to no meaning.

Being able to maintain humility and tolerance does not mean that I or anybody should allow themselves to be abused or to continue to put yourself in a position of stress. If there is a way to improve your situation, then improve it. I personally would strive to choose a means of doing so without being disrespectful of others or leaving them with the stress.

I'm not sure how to articulate myself very well, especially with the last paragraph. My point is that humility and tolerance is a state of mind. You have even given an example of that in your final sentence- sometimes a teacher will scold the student in order to teach a lesson rather than for the sake of venting (well, ideally). Sometimes a king who gives orders to others can be more humble than the beggar on the street.

And I do truly believe that with the attitude of real humility and real tolerance a person can find happiness.

Last edited: