• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luciferianism vs. Satanism

I like how you explain things too as well as crossfire. You are all very good at explaining this.

So. Why do you think in your own opinion, this scares people? Satanism scares people. (Clearly not all people lol)
People want an easy, bite sized truth. Most religions are more than happy to oblige. It's basic marketing really..where there is a demand, someone will supply.

As for why Satanism is scary to some is because it represents the 'other'. Most shun the other, it's a matter of us and them. The name was chosen, or at least makes sense in the context of 'embracing' the other. That which scares you, that which makes you uncomfortable. Growth though struggle. Most are more than happy to stay far back from the edge of the abyss, and view with distrust anyone that would try to cross it, and indeed the very idea of crossing it.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
People want an easy, bite sized truth. Most religions are more than happy to oblige. It's basic marketing really..where there is a demand, someone will supply.

As for why Satanism is scary to some is because it represents the 'other'. Most shun the other, it's a matter of us and them. The name was chosen, or at least makes sense in the context of 'embracing' the other. That which scares you, that which makes you uncomfortable. Growth though struggle. Most are more than happy to stay far back from the edge of the abyss, and view with distrust anyone that would try to cross it, and indeed the very idea of crossing it.
I agree. The best place to face and embrace the "other" is within yourself--the parts of yourself that you repress and run away from--instead of facing, understanding, and healing.

Deidre

Well said. The thing is, in all of us...there is ''the other.'' And many religious people pretend like they don't know 'the other' or are afraid of 'the other,' but it's just another part of their own nature. Our own nature. And many Christians that I've known ''cross over'' all the time, and then ask for forgiveness in the next breath, and to me, it seems like an inauthentic and cheap way to live. A cheap form of 'atonement.' I once lived like that, and when you're in it, you think this is the Way. The right Way. Your ignorance blinds you, but when you stop being ignorant...then you can't unknow what you know.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I lean in agreement. Lol Although if people wish to believe it, so long as they don't infringe on others' rights to not believe it, then that's fine. :)

Actually, I feel they have no right to believe it... but, let me explain...

I feel you have a right believe anything that makes sense, and when I say that I mean as evidenced by your own subjective and rational facilities. Christians, by definition, are prohibited from actually communicating with their god directly, as well as prohibited any "occult processes" which would allow a conversation with angels or other spirits. A leap of faith is not what is being asked, a belief in Santa Claus is what is required. You are expected to be a good child and play along with the game, and how dare you threaten church authorities with questions? I view these religions as intellectual, emotional, and spiritual cancer. Anything they touch turns to turds...

That doesn't mean I advocate any sort of militant response to them or abuse, but certainly find no reason to tolerate their misinformation or deception. We should have absolutely no tolerance for anyone whom profits by hoodwinking others in the ranks of humanity. That seems to be the only business they're interested in doing to me. (jumps off the soapbox, lol)

Mindmaster

Premium Member

This really about 1000x...

The thing people miss, of course, that the "other" is really "you" and your nature. The religions are designed to create an environment of self-loathing rather than self-awareness and expression. The real demon of those religions is not Satan, it is you. You are not supposed to be happy unless you appease God, the church, and bend your knee. (Actually, I have a more inappropriate way to describe this but this forum will censor it.. :D) To do that, you must sychophantically lick boots for eternity, of course, as nothing else will do...

Well said. The thing is, in all of us...there is ''the other.'' And many religious people pretend like they don't know 'the other' or are afraid of 'the other,' but it's just another part of their own nature. Our own nature. And many Christians that I've known ''cross over'' all the time, and then ask for forgiveness in the next breath, and to me, it seems like an inauthentic and cheap way to live. A cheap form of 'atonement.' I once lived like that, and when you're in it, you think this is the Way. The right Way. Your ignorance blinds you, but when you stop being ignorant...then you can't unknow what you know.
Yes, I would agree that the most significant adversary is the self.

Deidre

I need you all to help guide my life. Seriously. :blush: I'm grateful for your help with all of this. It's all so new.

Exciting, but new.

I need you all to help guide my life. Seriously. :blush: I'm grateful for your help with all of this. It's all so new.

Exciting, but new.
Keep asking interesting questions and you'll continue to get interesting answers! :p

That's why I made that blog from the link to be honest. Sometimes it's easier and more effective to link someone to a subject I've already opined on than to rewrite it for the googolplexth time.

Deidre

Keep asking interesting questions and you'll continue to get interesting answers! :p

That's why I made that blog from the link to be honest. Sometimes it's easier and more effective to link someone to a subject I've already opined on than to rewrite it for the googolplexth time.
So. I took the time to read ''a little to the left''....and really came away with a deeper understanding of all this. ''All this'' being what you wrote about. lol
I wish more people would try to understand what they don't understand, or wish to understand, because they're too afraid. Satanism is not quite what many people think. LHP in general, may very well be as honest as a person can be with him/herself and his/her surroundings.

So. I took the time to read ''a little to the left''....and really came away with a deeper understanding of all this. ''All this'' being what you wrote about. lol
I wish more people would try to understand what they don't understand, or wish to understand, because they're too afraid. Satanism is not quite what many people think. LHP in general, may very well be as honest as a person can be with him/herself and his/her surroundings.
Thanks, that's actually one of my favourite articles. Not so much because of the writing, I think I've done better, but because it needed to exist. :p

When you hear people say 'lhp' often times it's with only the fuzziest of definitions in mind. It makes those sorts of discussions... nonproductive...much of the time.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
It can depend on the person. I am a Theistic Luciferian Satanist.
I see Lucifer as the light, the truth, and the liberator. I also worship him and see him as a God.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Interesting. What makes him seem like a deity to you?
I see him as like us humans. I have felt his energies before and they can be pretty strong. I do prayer rituals in front of the altar. I took this in May. The Lucifer is awesome :) Screenshot_2017-08-16-18-24-34_1.jpg

Deidre

I see him as like us humans. I have felt his energies before and they can be pretty strong. I do prayer rituals in front of the altar. I took this in May. The Lucifer is awesome :)View attachment 18589
Did you make that altar? :) This is so fascinating to me. My views about Lucifer were always confused, and at the same time, in reading about him again,he seems vulnerable, unlike how he is portrayed as Satan.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Did you make that altar? :) This is so fascinating to me. My views about Lucifer were always confused, and at the same time, in reading about him again,he seems vulnerable, unlike how he is portrayed as Satan.
Yes, I did the altar setup myself. I love doing altar setups.
Don't be confused about Lucifer. Lucifer was given the name Satan after he rebelled from god because he disliked what god was doing to his followers. Even though he was given the name Satan, I would rather call him Lucifer than Satan.