• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loving the Lord thy Love

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Do you love the lord thy god?

In order to see god, the lord, and understand, must self turn inward upon self like jacob? are you the ONE? i think i can, i think i can, i think i can. the little engine that could

first instance

Gen 28:10-Gen 28:16 KJV And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord…

second instance

Gen 32:24-Gen 32:30 KJV And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

I'm the one
Can you hear me?
I'm connecting with you
Can you feel me?
I'll do anything to have you near me
I was wondering, will you reach me? - the one - kylie minogue

And silently their shining Lord replies:
‘I am a mirror set before your eyes,
And all who come before my splendor see
Themselves, their own unique reality;
You came as thirty birds and therefore saw
These selfsame thirty birds, not less nor more;
If you had come as forty, fifty – here
An answering forty, fifty would appear;
Though you have struggled, wandered, traveled far,
It is yourselves you see and what you are.’ - conference of the birds

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Do you love the lord thy god?

In order to see god, the lord, and understand, must self turn inward upon self like jacob? are you the ONE? i think i can, i think i can, i think i can. the little engine that could

first instance

Gen 28:10-Gen 28:16 KJV And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord…

second instance

Gen 32:24-Gen 32:30 KJV And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

I'm the one
Can you hear me?
I'm connecting with you
Can you feel me?
I'll do anything to have you near me
I was wondering, will you reach me? - the one - kylie minogue

And silently their shining Lord replies:
‘I am a mirror set before your eyes,
And all who come before my splendor see
Themselves, their own unique reality;
You came as thirty birds and therefore saw
These selfsame thirty birds, not less nor more;
If you had come as forty, fifty – here
An answering forty, fifty would appear;
Though you have struggled, wandered, traveled far,
It is yourselves you see and what you are.’ - conference of the birds
Won't the answer completely rely on what you mean by lord, etc? Sort of important fo know what you are specifically asking.
If you mean Jesus, which presumably you don't/? Then isn't against your 'idolatry of Jesus stuff?

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Genesis 1:26

We can keep doing this. Plurality of Elohim.

Can the Bible be correct?
Ever occur to you that God actually interacted, hence the text?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Won't the answer completely rely on what you mean by lord, etc? Sort of important fo know what you are specifically asking.
If you mean Jesus, which presumably you don't/? Then isn't against your 'idolatry of Jesus stuff?

Uuuuaaaaiih

love doesn't have a personal, fixed form. it is impersonal and permeates all that is. love is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow. and being the image of god, we manifest that spirit.

judge not by appearance but by the fruit of the tree.

smooches kissy kissy

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Genesis 1:26

We can keep doing this. Plurality of Elohim.

Can the Bible be correct?
Ever occur to you that God actually interacted, hence the text?
if you understood the following, you would know what god is. instead of believing what god should be.

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
if you understood the following, you would know what god is. instead of believing what god should be.

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
God is exalted among the heathen, though not completely. Heathen doesn't mean different theology, here, it means different people, ie nations,

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God is exalted among the heathen, though not completely. Heathen doesn't mean different theology, here, it means different people, ie nations,

is the body not a temple of the earth? if you believe god is omnipresent, why do you look for it elsewhere? did jesus lie when he said I AM with you always?

1 Kings 19:12
And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

was the Lord in the silence?

What does it mean that God speaks in a still small voice?

Rev 8:1 the Way of Infinite Love

the ogdoad

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Out of the heart love flows but the heart needs desperately to be guarded. Those who will guard their hearts are loving the Lord God. God is love.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Out of the heart love flows but the heart needs desperately to be guarded. Those who will guard their hearts are loving the Lord God. God is love.

you must be the ONE at-one-ment

This is how God is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

1 Corinthians 2:16
“For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Ephesians 4:6
one Love and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
is the body not a temple of the earth? if you believe god is omnipresent, why do you look for it elsewhere? did jesus lie when he said I AM with you always?

1 Kings 19:12
And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

was the Lord in the silence?

What does it mean that God speaks in a still small voice?

Rev 8:1 the Way of Infinite Love

the ogdoad
Your argument implies the problem with your argument. If you were deity, or people were inherently deity, there would be no separation, in the first place, between what isn't deity, and what is. We know that we aren't just inherently deity, because we observe that fact. The interaction between deity, and creation, is directional, not all pervading.
Now consider, what does this tell us, about the nature of deity? It certainly says something!
We

See, we can use our logic, to deduce the nature of our spiritual observations.
This is why I say, that my beliefs, aren't faith based.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You @Fool are sugar. So sweet!

I think that altogether we are able to be as Jesus is. Jesus is.

John 3:8
The spirit, the mind, flows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the wind”

Lost in a snow-filled sky
We'll make it alright to come undone now
We'll try to stay blind
To the hope and fear outside
Hey child, stay wilder than the wind and blow me in to cry - come undone - duran duran

So I close my eyes softly,
'Til I become that part of the wind
That we all long for sometime, yeah.
And to those that I love, like a ghost through a fog
Like a charmed hour and a haunted song,
And the angel of my dreams.
Angel of my dreams. - angel - fleetwood mac

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your argument implies the problem with your argument. If you were deity, or people were inherently deity, there would be no separation, in the first place, between what isn't deity, and what is. We know that we aren't just inherently deity, because we observe that fact. The interaction between deity, and creation, is directional, not all pervading.
Now consider, what does this tell us, about the nature of deity? It certainly says something!

See, we can use our logic, to deduce the nature of our spiritual observations.
This is why I say, that my beliefs, aren't faith based.
so you deny the name? exodus 3:14 and exodus 3:15?

John 10:33-John 10:36 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods” ’? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes.

Observation isn't your thing.
I think you mean maybe. :D He is doing a recipe of scriptures. I never thought or ever will think that showing something is arguing. He @Fool is showing us what it says. If he is arguing then arguing is what you believe the bible does. I don't see it that way.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
so you deny the name? exodus 3:14 and exodus 3:15?

John 10:33-John 10:36 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods” ’? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?
God is talking to 'angels', gods of the nations, in that Psalm.
Jesus is actually saying that He is above even these celestial beings, Angels. Jesus isn't isn't calling any people gods.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is talking to 'angels', gods of the nations, in that Psalm.
Jesus is actually saying that He is above even these celestial beings, Angels. Jesus isn't isn't calling any people gods.
But, did he not say that his followers will do works GREATER than his works? John 14:12

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That 'verse' seems to imply that, doesn't it? I don't know, is that what you notice? People doing works greater than Jesus? See, this is why I leave these texts in the realm of parsing, or "argument", if you will. I know the names of my God, and I have biases for and against things in the Bible.
No, I don't see people doing works greater than Jesus. But, the reason why is we are not one together. Right? ALL TOGETHER we can do works greater than Jesus did, but we are not together.