• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love Welling Up

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is Jesus implying that Love is the fountain of youth?

John 4:10-11
10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

GodsVoice

Is Jesus implying that Love is the fountain of youth?

John 4:10-11
10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

When you look for something you can't see, not only are you blind, but you are deaf and dumb besides. All you needed to do was ask.

A man goes down to the well to get a pail of water but sees the well is dry, so he doesn't drop his bucket down the well. The man right behind him drops his bucket in the well and pulls up a full pail of clean water. As he leaves, he stops to bless the man standing there with a confused look and tells him the Kingdom is near.

The life you think you have only deceives you of the life you can't see. That life is unthinkable until you're not deceived.

There's no pleasure in dying but the love he gives makes it pleasurable.

A few living in the Word of God will understand the Bible, but many will live in the Bible and not understand the Word of God.

Not everyone can see it. Not everyone can hear it. Not everyone can know it. But everyone will bow to it.

The truth is something that can't be told, it can only be experienced. How else would you know the truth?

Most people would die for the truth and they will.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
When you look for something you can't see, not only are you blind, but you are deaf and dumb besides. All you needed to do was ask.

A man goes down to the well to get a pail of water but sees the well is dry, so he doesn't drop his bucket down the well. The man right behind him drops his bucket in the well and pulls up a full pail of clean water. As he leaves, he stops to bless the man standing there with a confused look and tells him the Kingdom is near.

The life you think you have only deceives you of the life you can't see. That life is unthinkable until you're not deceived.

There's no pleasure in dying but the love he gives makes it pleasurable.

A few living in the Word of God will understand the Bible, but many will live in the Bible and not understand the Word of God.

Not everyone can see it. Not everyone can hear it. Not everyone can know it. But everyone will bow to it.

The truth is something that can't be told, it can only be experienced. How else would you know the truth?

Most people would die for the truth and they will.

the kingdom of heaven is at hand; if one can grasp it.

Love is omnipresent. Love is NOW.

There is no sacrifice in love. There is selflessness in empathy. The parable of the good samaritan transcends boundaries.

You are correct in that some will know the WAY but not all will walk in the WAY of Love.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Fool; My mate Christ is speaking ALLEGORICALLY there - He is explaining an error and misconception that they all have -and is about to tell her that actually THEIR god, is NOT his Father ;)

Water here - is ALLEGORY - for TRUTH - look closely :

He is saying she the woman does not realise who the Father is OR who Christ is..You should have quoted earlier for context here - to learn that even though she does realise He is someone extraordinary, she doesnt REALLYY appreciate his TRUTH of Who He is ;) Therefore she replies

ALLEGORY - the WATER is TRUTH - so she is saying HER truth is of Jacob and that tradition and ask Christ who is HE that can now give something better ;) And just look at HIS reply Folks..

ALLEGORY -water is TRUTH - He tells her straight -drink from Jacobs well, and you will STILL BE THIRSTY - ALWAYS you will still be thirsty - that water - that "truth" DOES NOT SATISFY - BUT - take the water -TRUTH - from Christ - and you will never need anything else - it will susyain you and give you ETERNAL LIFE ;)

He then has a similar exchange with her regarding praying and old truths again are to be put aside He says - given up as an error....HIS truth is NOT the old truth and there are many such allegorical examples that show this as so - as simply put their god we call Yhvh, is NOT OUR FATHER that Christ alone teaches us of -hence always -this "old truth" REPLACED by HIS new teaching ;)

GodsVoice

the kingdom of heaven is at hand; if one can grasp it.

Love is omnipresent. Love is NOW.

There is no sacrifice in love. There is selflessness in empathy. The parable of the good samaritan transcends boundaries.

You are correct in that some will know the WAY but not all will walk in the WAY of Love.

They will have to wait until the day of the Lord that removes the "veil".

Ezekiel 37
21: then say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all sides, and bring them to their own land;
22: and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israell; and one king shall be king over them all; and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms.
23: They shall not defile themselves any more with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
24: "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow my ordinances and be careful to observe my statutes.
25: They shall dwell in the land where your fathers dwelt that I gave to my servant Jacob; they and their children and their children's children shall dwell there for ever; and David my servant shall be their prince for ever.
26: I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will bless them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27: My dwelling place shall be with them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28: Then the nations will know that I the LORD sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary is in the midst of them for evermore."

Titus 2:11
11: For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,

I Timothy 4:10
10: For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

Micah 4:
6: In that day, says the LORD, I will assemble the lame and gather those who have been driven away, and those whom I have afflicted;
7: and the lame I will make the remnant; and those who were cast off, a strong nation; and the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion from this time forth and for evermore.

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
30: Posterity shall serve him; men shall tell of the Lord to the coming generation,
31: and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, that he has wrought it.

You and I in Christ are the men who shall tell of the Lord and proclaim his salvation plan to all his created men made both male and female. After the day of the Lord, the voice of the Lord will be the teacher of all men. No prophets or saints will be necessary for the Lord to use to proclaim God.

Jeremiah 31
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

GodsVoice

Hi Folks..

Fool; My mate Christ is speaking ALLEGORICALLY there - He is explaining an error and misconception that they all have -and is about to tell her that actually THEIR god, is NOT his Father ;)

He is saying she the woman does not realise who the Father is OR who Christ is..You should have quoted earlier for context here - to learn that even though she does realise He is someone extraordinary, she doesnt REALLYY appreciate his TRUTH of Who He is ;) Therefore she replies

ALLEGORY - the WATER is TRUTH - so she is saying HER truth is of Jacob and that tradition and ask Christ who is HE that can now give something better ;) And just look at HIS reply Folks..

ALLEGORY -water is TRUTH - He tells her straight -drink from Jacobs well, and you will STILL BE THIRSTY - ALWAYS you will still be thirsty - that water - that "truth" DOES NOT SATISFY - BUT - take the water -TRUTH - from Christ - and you will never need anything else - it will susyain you and give you ETERNAL LIFE ;)

He then has a similar exchange with her regarding praying and old truths again are to be put aside He says - given up as an error....HIS truth is NOT the old truth and there are many such allegorical examples that show this as so - as simply put their god we call Yhvh, is NOT OUR FATHER that Christ alone teaches us of -hence always -this "old truth" REPLACED by HIS new teaching ;)

No man has the truth except for those who have received it and is guarded by the one who gave it.

Only those who have laid down their life for it, can see it.

Truth is not of this world but it exposes this world for what it is and leaves it naked and exposed for those who understand it.

Truth was never intended for those who aren't truthful. Lies are their nature.

Truth has the right to condemn those who don't have it.

Truth is the justice that mere man cannot conceive. The injustice man does, keeps him from it.

Life is chaotic to those who don't bear it, but is understood by those who do.

One can never know what truth really is until he has it. Then he will understand that its true.

Nobody can buy the truth because its not for sale. It is freely given to those who ask for it.

What you see is not always the truth because your eyes deceive you and your ears don't hear.

Truth is the righteousness that excludes men. Not to be seen until they are righteous.

Truth is more precious than gold, and gold is more precious than silver. A miner of truth will tell you that.

Give a man the truth and he will know your heart but don't trust a man without it.

Truth wasn't made for man's eyes because he is blind. Without his blindness he will see the truth.

Truth is not what you think it is, it's what you know it is.

Truth can't be defined in man's laws, because there's no truth in man.

Truth is freedom for those who lay down and die. Then they can live with the truth.

Truth avoids those who look for it but when it finds you, you will no longer look for it.

Give a man the truth and it will no longer be true.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hi Folks..

being truthful doesn't necessarily make you loving. jesus taught nothing new, he just expressed the truth in a new way. The truth is eternal. Jesus isn't. Eternity flows both forwards and backwards instantaneously. The truth of Love is eternal. idolatry is forbidden throughout the bible to a begotten thing. only God is to be worshiped.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Fool; That which Christ TRULY taught - to those with ears to hear - was indeed absolutely unknown - He said so emphatically and repeatedly...Here look, He tells Judas directly this :

, Come, that I may teach you about secrets no person has ever seen. For there exists a great and boundless realm, whose extent no generation of angels has seen,
in which there is a great invisible Spirit, which no eye of an angel has ever seen, no thought of the heart has ever comprehended, and it was never called by any name.“

Hes pretty clear and precise - SECRETS never before known He says - a great boundless Spirit, existing in a realm NEVER BEFORE ENCOUNTERED - He says EXPLICITLY look, that even the Angels above do NOT know this realm or Spirit that He alone is now revealing...He sasy we have never even conceived of such a thing...Look closely - this is Our Father He describes -HE SAYS IT HAS NEVER BEEN CALLED ANY NAME !!!!

Understand then, this is not the Hebrew god Yhvh that He teaches us of - CAN NOT BE - because first that god IS KNOWN ALREADY, fully and intimately for some millenia already - and second, He just told us blatantly that even the ANGELS above, do NOT know His truth of this NEW never before encountered Spirit... Again we see clearly there is absolutely no way He can mean the Hebrew god - is there..??...He is clear and adamant and will repeat this basic premise many many times in many ways - it is clear and undeniable the Hebrew god is NOT the Father he alone speaks of...That is indeed WHY they MURDERED HIM ;)

Look, here He will tell Thomas the same :

"I shall give you what no eye has seen and what no ear has heard and what no hand has touched and what has never occurred to the human mind."

Again, most clearly that is NOT the Hebrew god He is speaking about - CAN NOT BE - HIS truth He says has NEVER occurred to the human mind - yet they all know Yhvh pretty well already had many many dealings already with THAT one - Our Father though..? - ENTIRELY NEW and UNKNOWN - obviusly and undeniably ;)

In fact I will tell you - these quotes come from ORIGINAL disciple gospels - not the bible twisted versions - but the first hand accounts as Christ spoke to disciple face to face - much more legitimate than fraudulant bible claims - I will recommend that you seek out and read the ORIGINAL gospel of JOHN - google "secret John" - and there you will indeed find a complete explanation - Our Father fully explained - Christ Himself fully explained - a whole host of Creatin that came before all this here, also fully explained - and the CREATION and true origin of the Hebrew god Yhvh, ALSO fully explained... There is no doubt at all - that Hebrew god is not the Father Sovereign Primal Divine Spirit that Christ alone reveals - absolutely no way from the things He says directly.. This Yhvh turns out to be only an ANGEL - a creature exactly like You and I are - not the SOURCE of creation at all...We have been duped and misled by that one always and THIS is why Christ came among us - and THIS is why the priesthood of Yhvh MURDERED Him - their god is NOT the Father ;)

The truth is eternal. Jesus isn't. Eternity flows both forwards and backwards instantaneously.

JESUS is a man made bible fabrication based on a REAL man called Yeshua - now Yesua IS CHRIST - and Christ - IS eternal - is fully Divine - claimed to be fully so - said again blatantly and adamantly and repeatedly that He was there PRESENT as Creation starts... I can if you need - show you more ORIGINAL and first hand disciple testimony that shows this again, beyond reasonable doubt.....Put the bible down is the best advise - just as He said - they know NOTHING of His truth and would not share it even f they knew - and ahain I can show you original scripture where He says precisely that ;)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hi Folks..

Fool; That which Christ TRULY taught - to those with ears to hear - was indeed absolutely unknown - He said so emphatically and repeatedly...Here look, He tells Judas directly this :

Hes pretty clear and precise - SECRETS never before known He says - a great boundless Spirit, existing in a realm NEVER BEFORE ENCOUNTERED - He says EXPLICITLY look, that even the Angels above do NOT know this realm or Spirit that He alone is now revealing...He sasy we have never even conceived of such a thing...Look closely - this is Our Father He describes -HE SAYS IT HAS NEVER BEEN CALLED ANY NAME !!!!

Understand then, this is not the Hebrew god Yhvh that He teaches us of - CAN NOT BE - because first that god IS KNOWN ALREADY, fully and intimately for some millenia already - and second, He just told us blatantly that even the ANGELS above, do NOT know His truth of this NEW never before encountered Spirit... Again we see clearly there is absolutely no way He can mean the Hebrew god - is there..??...He is clear and adamant and will repeat this basic premise many many times in many ways - it is clear and undeniable the Hebrew god is NOT the Father he alone speaks of...That is indeed WHY they MURDERED HIM ;)

Look, here He will tell Thomas the same :

Again, most clearly that is NOT the Hebrew god He is speaking about - CAN NOT BE - HIS truth He says has NEVER occurred to the human mind - yet they all know Yhvh pretty well already had many many dealings already with THAT one - Our Father though..? - ENTIRELY NEW and UNKNOWN - obviusly and undeniably ;)

In fact I will tell you - these quotes come from ORIGINAL disciple gospels - not the bible twisted versions - but the first hand accounts as Christ spoke to disciple face to face - much more legitimate than fraudulant bible claims - I will recommend that you seek out and read the ORIGINAL gospel of JOHN - google "secret John" - and there you will indeed find a complete explanation - Our Father fully explained - Christ Himself fully explained - a whole host of Creatin that came before all this here, also fully explained - and the CREATION and true origin of the Hebrew god Yhvh, ALSO fully explained... There is no doubt at all - that Hebrew god is not the Father Sovereign Primal Divine Spirit that Christ alone reveals - absolutely no way from the things He says directly.. This Yhvh turns out to be only an ANGEL - a creature exactly like You and I are - not the SOURCE of creation at all...We have been duped and misled by that one always and THIS is why Christ came among us - and THIS is why the priesthood of Yhvh MURDERED Him - their god is NOT the Father ;)

JESUS is a man made bible fabrication based on a REAL man called Yeshua - now Yesua IS CHRIST - and Christ - IS eternal - is fully Divine - claimed to be fully so - said again blatantly and adamantly and repeatedly that He was there PRESENT as Creation starts... I can if you need - show you more ORIGINAL and first hand disciple testimony that shows this again, beyond reasonable doubt.....Put the bible down is the best advise - just as He said - they know NOTHING of His truth and would not share it even f they knew - and ahain I can show you original scripture where He says precisely that ;)

the Lord said to my lord, there are many lords but jesus isn't the LORD

LORD
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H3068&t=KJV

vs

Lord
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H113&t=KJV

jesus was a son of god; which is a prophet, or child of Love. a prophet has no honor in his own town.
jesus was sent, God is omnipresent NOW. the Spirit of Jesus once was, now is not, yet will come.

John 5:43
I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

a prophet, messenger, is not valid unless he uses the Father's name. All prophets are sent with that name as validation. Exodus 3:14-15. Everytime Jesus refer's to the name, it's that name. That is the name written on the forehead of the 144,000. It isn't Jesus, it isn't yeshua, and it isn't christ. Its Neti, Neti. it is the name of the Father, All the manifested/begotten, and the Spirit.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In Koine Greek, "agape" is the word used in the OP context, and there's no exact equivalent for the word in English. Essentially it's an "active noun", namely that one does not just think love-- one lives out love.

Theologically, it's that one has this dedication, not just towards God but also to all of God's creation. This is why Paul says that anyone who says he loves God but then hates some of his fellow man is a "liar".

One of our greatest Jewish sages, Maimonides, taught that we shouldn't do good just to get into heaven because that's being selfish. Instead, he taught that we should do good towards all of God's creation because He made us but didn't have to do so, thus we should appreciate having the opportunity to live in His creation and act accordingly.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In Koine Greek, "agape" is the word used in the OP context, and there's no exact equivalent for the word in English. Essentially it's an "active noun", namely that one does not just think love-- one lives out love.

Theologically, it's that one has this dedication, not just towards God but also to all of God's creation. This is why Paul says that anyone who says he loves God but then hates some of his fellow man is a "liar".

One of our greatest Jewish sages, Maimonides, taught that we shouldn't do good just to get into heaven because that's being selfish. Instead, he taught that we should do good towards all of God's creation because He made us but didn't have to do so, thus we should appreciate having the opportunity to live in His creation and act accordingly.

yes, having a quid pro quo mind set is attempting to buy one's way; where as the good samaritan parable is selflessness in action. A selfless person is happy knowing another is happy and not suffering. Like the buddhist idea of mudita. or like the ancient idea of hospitality towards all WAY faring strangers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudita