• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisiana church packed for services again despite charges against pastor amid pandemic

Milton Platt

Louisiana church packed for services again despite charges against pastor amid pandemic

I wonder if these people understand the meaning of 'you shall not put the Lord you God to the test.'

It means 'do not try to manipulate God by putting yourself in a situation that requires his intervention.' It may be that you will not get a miracle.

Fools all.

I'm sure this has happened all over the country. This is just the instance the media decided to report to increase readership.
Not that continuing to gather is a good thing.....it is irresponsible. If someone in the congregation dies from this action, I wonder what the pastor's response will be. He should be held accountable.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I wonder if these people understand the meaning of 'you shall not put the Lord you God to the test.'

It means 'do not try to manipulate God by putting yourself in a situation that requires his intervention.' It may be that you will not get a miracle.

Fools all.

Why not put God to the test? I understand this is in the Bible but it doesn't go into details.

Unless perhaps God knew that belief in him wouldn't stand up under testing.

They tested God at Massah. It was ok then and suddenly it was not. :shrug:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Excuse me
"The virus, we believe, is politically motivated," Spell told WAFB. "We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

46,782 politically motivated deaths....don't think there is any one political party or religion the virus is killing more than another......sorry I think he is an idiotic, selfish, media hog who doesn't care who he hurts to get the attention he is after for his own personal agenda, and I don't think God has anything to do with it

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm sure this has happened all over the country. This is just the instance the media decided to report to increase readership.
Not that continuing to gather is a good thing.....it is irresponsible. If someone in the congregation dies from this action, I wonder what the pastor's response will be. He should be held accountable.
Normally he would be. But religion in America often gets away with crimes in America that no one else gets a pass on. But that limit does also seem to be getting beyond what many are willing to tolerate, so maybe and hopefully he will be held accountable, with the only reason he isnt cinvicted being it would be unprovabke in court he was the direct cause of the infection. Or they'll use some curve ball law and precedence to make sure he's held accountable. That arrests have been made against a religious leader over this should signify to all these are unusual and strange times.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Normally he would be. But religion in America often gets away with crimes in America that no one else gets a pass on. But that limit does also seem to be getting beyond what many are willing to tolerate, so maybe and hopefully he will be held accountable, with the only reason he isnt cinvicted being it would be unprovabke in court he was the direct cause of the infection. Or they'll use some curve ball law and precedence to make sure he's held accountable. That arrests have been made against a religious leader over this should signify to all these are unusual and strange times.
It's okay if they are ignorant enough to gather together and infect and kill each other, but they are criminals if they then enter grocery stores and pharmacies, etc. You can bet not one of them self isolates.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They actually believe their puppet God will protect them. I'd say give them the opportunity to find out.
The problem is that they habe shiwn they do not give a single damn if they make us sick. Our opinions "don't matter" because we are unbelievers to quote one member. To them, it's not their problem if we get sick from their bull****.

Good-Ole-Rebel

The problem is that they habe shiwn they do not give a single damn if they make us sick. Our opinions "don't matter" because we are unbelievers to quote one member. To them, it's not their problem if we get sick from their bull****.

We get together to worship our God because we want to. Just because a sickness is going around doesn't stop us. We trust Him, because we know Him.

Who should I blame if I happen to catch the Corona? There are a myriad of possibilities of who I might get from.

Just as Nero blamed the Christians for the burning of Rome so the pagans and atheist's will blame the Christians for Corona.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Wandering Monk

We get together to worship our God because we want to. Just because a sickness is going around doesn't stop us. We trust Him, because we know Him.

Who should I blame if I happen to catch the Corona? There are a myriad of possibilities of who I might get from.

Just as Nero blamed the Christians for the burning of Rome so the pagans and atheist's will blame the Christians for Corona.

Good-Ole-Rebel

You would like to believe Christians are being persecuted for their faith.

They are being prosecuted for not giving a damn about their fellow man.

Heyo

Veteran Member
We all want to do stuff. But we cant. I NEED a hole in my tooth filled where a filling came out. Finding a dentist now hasnt been easy. You claim you need church. Does not going risk tooth loss?
I once had a part of a tooth broken off and had to wait for it to be fixed. It had a sharp edge that constantly got in contact with my tongue. I used clove oil as a disinfectant/mild local anaesthetic and bees wax to cover the spot.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Good-Ole-Rebel
Interesting how you completely ignore the point of the post you replied to.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Interesting how you completely ignore the point of the post you replied to.
I find it interesting they have zero concern for the safety, well being, and even the very lives of their neighbors. They are being more selfish and self centered than the average self-worshipping Satanist.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Fools all.

As subject matter for a medical graduate's dissertation this venue could be very useful, to gather as much information about the congregation and then to measure infection rates against the State's average.

That's the only positive thought that I can offer....

Good-Ole-Rebel

We all want to do stuff. But we cant. I NEED a hole in my tooth filled where a filling came out. Finding a dentist now hasnt been easy. You claim you need church. Does not going risk tooth loss?

But you're trying to find a dentist. Which of course you should.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But you're trying to find a dentist. Which of course you should.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Everyone I've called so far has been closed.II for been effected this way. You are upset because you can't go to church. We all want to do things. We all need things. But right now we it can't necessarily be. We are all in this together. We can't always get what we want, and it's only sometimes we just might find wet get what we need. That's life, and right now no one is getting all their normal wants met and we are all having to scale back on certain needs. We are all burdened, we are inconvenienced. Even things that are very important to us, we're not getting right now.
And, just so you are aware, all those panic buyers and spring breakers who disregarded the warnings as you are gave each other corona

Last edited: