• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Lost in The Pond."

PureX

Veteran Member
That was very confusing.

I grew up on the Great Lakes, but moved to Virginia for college. I lived down there for about 8 years and in that time adopted a full-on southern accent. Then I moved up to Chicago for grad school and ended up living there for almost 25 years. So of course I had a Chic-AH-go accent for most of that time. Now I'm back in the town I grew up in have "no accent" (from my perspective).

It's interesting how these accents just sort of creep up on us and become our way of speaking, and then sneak away when we leave town. Though, I still say "ya'll" because let's face it, it's by far the most sensible word to use. Can you believe that here, where I grew up, people say "you's"? Or "you's guys"? That's just idiocy!