• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LordZer

LordZer

Hello all. I came to this forum to see other points of views on everything to do with religion to creation to Evolution. Im not as well educated as most and my spelling is atrotious, to warn you ahead of time. By stating that i am not well educated, I mean classically educated as in an institution of higher learning. I am how ever slowly educating my self on my points of intrest and on others points so i may refute them. I hope to have fun and learn along the way, and hey if i also teach someone well.....

"Religion exists inspite of science, not in co-existance with it"
-Various persons

"The scariest thing to a religious person is not that they might go to hell. It is that there might be 'nothing' or 'nowhere' after life"
-LZ

Saw11_2000

Hi! By the way:

"The scariest thing to a religious person is not that they might go to hell. It is that there might be 'nothing' or 'nowhere' after life"
Is exactly my opinion, too.

Good luck on RF.

Saw11_2000

Little points that you can give other members, although you don't give them your frubals, you give them frubals based on how long you've been a member, etc. If you want to frubalize someone, click frubals on their post, write a message, and click Karma, or something like that. Remember, they do not come out of you account, so it's best to do it 10 times a day. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
[PART QUOTE=LordZer]Hello all. I came to this forum to see other points of views on everything to do with religion to creation to Evolution. Im not as well educated as most and my spelling is atrotious, to warn you ahead of time. By stating that i am not well educated, I mean classically educated as in an institution of higher learning. I am how ever slowly educating my self on my points of intrest and on others points so i may refute them. I hope to have fun and learn along the way, and hey if i also teach someone well.....
LordZerZ[/QUOTE] 1) the red highlighting- that is a total unsubstanciated preconception on your part - how can you possibly know?
2) the green highlighting -I bet you can
My spelling is bad; I often think I know the meanings of long words like 'marmalade' but have to check them regularly in the dictionary that is always by my side.

Good luck, and Enjoy!!!

LordZer

This is true, i guess i mean as it relates to logicall discussion. most is to broad a term, and should have been quantified when i stated it. thank you

jewscout

Religious Zionist
LordZer said:
"Religion exists inspite of science, not in co-existance with it"
-Various persons
I disagree i think that science allows me to better understand the mechanics of this universe that the Divine created.

LordZer said:
-LZ
trust me 'nothing' and 'nowhere' are not the scariest things to me:D

Welcome aboard LordZer!:jiggy:

LordZer

jewscout said:
I disagree i think that science allows me to better understand the mechanics of this universe that the Divine created.

trust me 'nothing' and 'nowhere' are not the scariest things to me:D

Welcome aboard LordZer!:jiggy:

Do you not fear that after you die you cease to exist? Can you even concieve of it? and if you could and you had a moment of clarity in wich you realized that there was nothing would you then be saddened by the fact that either your creator did not mean what he said about heaven or that there was no heaven or hell at all

jewscout

Religious Zionist
LordZer said:
Do you not fear that after you die you cease to exist? Can you even concieve of it? and if you could and you had a moment of clarity in wich you realized that there was nothing would you then be saddened by the fact that either your creator did not mean what he said about heaven or that there was no heaven or hell at all
First off, in Judaism the writings on the afterlife tend to be very very vague
Secondly, it's not supposed to be a concern of ours what may or may not happen once we die...
Thirdly i don't believe in a hell in the christian sense
Forthly, no i do not fear an end to existance if that is what is to truely happen. Can i concieve of it? Sure, to an extent i suppose. It's no different than a candle being blown out, it hasn't gone anywhere it is simply no longer there. I trust that the world existed before me and will continue to exist after my passing. There is some belief in Judaism that the snuffing out of our "candle" is exactly what will happen until the time of the Messiah when the dead will be resurrected. Again it is only one of many different outlooks on the afterlife in judaism.
What will happen when i die, something, maybe nothing...i don't know...but to concern myself entirely on something i have no knowledge of would be for me to take my eye off the point, and that is to live life as a good person and to help others

LadyRavven

LordZer said:
well, I quess this would depend on your belief about death and the afterlife both in a religious sense and in a philosophic sense to start .For instance, I while being comfortable "mostly" following a set of regligious traditions and codes set forth by a Nordic religion that believes that upon death depending on how I have lived my life, I may or may not be greeted in the halls of the Gods after I leave this realm. On that hand the idea of the concept of the "Gods" choosing not to choose me based on my action or inaction in this life is always a present reality to me. Does this cause me to have doubts in them or the existance of what has been said about the Halls of the Gods, or if they even exist? No. I does however make me have a concious awareness of the choices and ability I have as a human with Freewill and responsibilty to human kind :)

That being said, Philosophically...lol I tend to be a bit existental if you couldn't tell :) So, again the of there being "no thing" after life, to me, I think might for many people be based on the fear of leaving "no thing"- no essence as Sartre would say- no lasting imprint on the world. So I often wonder if it truly is the fear of death that worries people or the fear of a life left unfuffiled:) I hope this made some sense :)

Lightkeeper

LordZer said:
Thankyou however i do have a question, what are furbals?
A frubal is something you can give someone if you like their post. Click on frubal and fill in the blanks.

Welcome to the forum.:)