• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

loooong posts explination

We Never Know

No Slack
I generally won't post long posts.

However when posting a story from a link, anymore I will try to add the whole story in the post text because I realize not everyone can access some links.

Just figured it would be courteous so everyone that wants to read the story can :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Walls of text are generally put offs.
Long excerpts from a link benefit from....
- Excising portions that are less useful.
- Making it clear which portion of a post is an excerpt.
- Explaining why so much is excerpted, eg, paywall.
- Breaking up one's post into segments, eg,
one for the link & excerpt...another for commentary.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
@We Never Know just bear this in mind:

From Rule 7: ". . . and limit your quotation to a paragraph or two rather than quoting the entire content".

It's not something we enforce all that strictly, but it's there and it's something to be aware of.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

From Rule 7: ". . . and limit your quotation to a paragraph or two rather than quoting the entire content".

It's not something we enforce all that strictly, but it's there and it's something to be aware of.

I very very very seldom quote everything because that's a clear copyright violation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Longer posts are necessary when
suspecting that a paywall would
prevent posters from viewing it.
The standard should be...
Is it useful?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I generally won't post long posts.

However when posting a story from a link, anymore I will try to add the whole story in the post text because I realize not everyone can access some links.

Just figured it would be courteous so everyone that wants to read the story can :)

Just remember that there's a 12,000 character limit per post. I know this from experience. :oops: