• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Livestock

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You could as well dehumanize all who live in their parents houses.

Why? they are born, why should i carry out your wishes?
If you are ignorant of ...

The difference between an embryo and post birth child
The difference between a fetus and post birth child
How dehumanising women is historical abuse
How incest and rape mentally and physically impacts a woman

Then feel free to impose your religious belief and everyone

Just don't be surprised is there is a major backlash that could fragment and destroy mainstream Christianity in America.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
And not the same thing al all. The embryo/fetus is essentially a parasite living of it's mother until born and it then becomes a baby with the rights of a human being
An infant is still completely dependent on others for his life.
And calling a baby a parasite is insulting and disgusting. He's a human being worthy of respect and love.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So if you have a premature birth and he survives, he's not a baby?

It is born why do you have such difficulty with the concept.

FYI, the vast majority of abortions are carried out in the first trimester, we are talking mostly embryo here. Embryos will not survive a premature birth.

Ask your god the biggest abortionist of embryos there is.

ChristineM

Premium Member
An infant is still completely dependent on others for his life.
And calling a baby a parasite is insulting and disgusting. He's a human being worthy of respect and love.

It is not taking all its needs from the mother.

The enbryo/fetus is considered a parasite, it certainly acts in a parasitic way.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...wQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw22vIMxLD9oxpBp1sNlglMp

Can a fetus be scientifically and biologically categorized as a parasite? If not, how does it fail to meet the criteria for one? - Quora

Truth in love

Livestock are the only animals in general, other than zoo animals, that aren't usually allowed to manage their own reproduction.

Are female humans livestock? Should a few humans be managing the majority of humans reproduction health?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/abortion-roe-v-wade-pregnancy-biology-supreme-court-ruling

Okay so at the zoo or livestock yards. The animals don't need to find their own food that is provided for them, they don't need to find their own shelter, that is provided for them, their medical decision are made for them. Pretty much every aspect of their lives is managed by the owner.

Are you also going to argue that humans are being treated like live stock by welfare systems, government regulation etc.? Or is that all well and good, but when a state says "you can't legally kill your own baby" that's the one thing that really crosses the line, but all the other controls and treating people like cows is great and we want more of it? .

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Livestock are the only animals in general, other than zoo animals, that aren't usually allowed to manage their own reproduction.

Are female humans livestock? Should a few humans be managing the majority of humans reproduction health?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/abortion-roe-v-wade-pregnancy-biology-supreme-court-ruling

Fortunately, abortion is not the only means by which humans can regulate reproduction. I agree with Biden when he said abortion should be safe, legal and rare.