• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live at the Bon Soir

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is phenomenal. They just released yesterday this very first recording of Barbara Streisand, recorded in 1962, but never released at that time. They recently re engineered this to fix some sound issues with it, and what you have is the most pristine, raw power recording of a new singer, born to be a star at the age of 20 in an incredible performance. Here's a sample from the full album, which is available for sale now, or as I am listening to it on Youtube Music channel subscription. I think I may buy this on LP, as it's worthy of the better sound.

Here's the article telling all about the recording and her performance at the Bon Soir

Barbra Streisand on Her Pristine Early Recordings: ‘That Girl Can Sing’

But that night, they were simply in awe. Alan, who’s 97, told me over the phone that “the minute she sang less than eight bars, Marilyn was in tears.”

What they all witnessed was a star, this singular source of incandescence — pillow-soft singing that was pow-right-in-the-kisser, too; phrasing that could turn a song into a literary event; and timing most stand-ups wish they had.

Now, 60 years later, we can hear what they saw, on “Live at the Bon Soir,” a pristinely restored recording of three dozen songs from late November 1962 that’s due Friday. During the Bon Soir run, Erlichman got Streisand signed with Columbia Records, which arranged a recording of the show but shelved it in favor of an 11-song studio version, “The Barbra Streisand Album,” from 1963. So what was supposed to be the first Barbra Streisand album is actually the umpteenth.