• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little something to think about...

Here's a couple points I want to make.

1.) God created Adam and Eve mature, and also the rest of the world. It did not "mature" from eggs, seeds, ect, but was created fully "mature".

2.) The flood would explain the underwater elements on mountops and the large buildup of sediments on the Earth's crust.

3.) There was a fruitfly experiment done awhile ago (I think it was in London) to observe the "evolution" of the frutifly. Well the expierment ended up with the fruitfly actually losing traits and not gaining or evolving the slightest bit.

4.) The complex design of our minds and bodies are proof of creation.

5.) Take a good look at the world around you, God's creation? or not?

6.) Also explain the chances that the solar system ended up in the perfection that it did. And the fact the that life can be supported on Earth is incredible, what's the chances of that?

7.) How much sense does this make: "nothing times nothing equals everything". Last time I checked 0x0=0 not anything else. And believing in God is crazy?

Some food for thought.
Have a good day/night
- David

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
JesusIsTheWay said:

1.) God created Adam and Eve mature, and also the rest of the world. It did not "mature" from eggs, seeds, ect, but was created fully "mature".

2.) The flood would explain the underwater elements on mountops and the large buildup of sediments on the Earth's crust.

3.) There was a fruitfly experiment done awhile ago (I think it was in London) to observe the "evolution" of the frutifly. Well the expierment ended up with the fruitfly actually losing traits and not gaining or evolving the slightest bit.

6.) Also explain the chances that the solar system ended up in the perfection that it did. And the fact the that life can be supported on Earth is incredible, what's the chances of that?

7.) How much sense does this make: "nothing times nothing equals everything". Last time I checked 0x0=0 not anything else. And believing in God is crazy?

Some food for thought.
Have a good day/night
- David
1) That is an opinion, you cannot prove it
2)That is one theory of many
3) Can you send me the link to that ? I'd like to read about it
4) I would say, of creation, yes, but with a 'mix' of evolution.
5) I agree with you about nature, but you said look around you - all I can see is bricks and mortar. Whilst God may well have given us the intelligence to use masterials he created for us, he certainly did'nt vreate houses, nor concrete
5)About the same as each of four 'bridge' players each being dealt a full suit each, out of a random pack. The other point you imply is that the universe is 'as is' - it is permanently changing.:)

scitsofreaky

There was a fruitfly experiment done awhile ago (I think it was in London) to observe the "evolution" of the frutifly. Well the expierment ended up with the fruitfly actually losing traits and not gaining or evolving the slightest bit.
Last time I checked, any change in traits is evolution. For example, some animals have lost their sight, is that not evolution?
And the fact the that life can be supported on Earth is incredible
Not that incredible if you think about it. Life exists on Earth because it is able to support life, not the other way around. I'm sure that there are other planets in our universe that contain life as we know it because those planets can support life as well. Heck, maybe we are on one of those other planets:D
How much sense does this make: "nothing times nothing equals everything". Last time I checked 0x0=0 not anything else. And believing in God is crazy?
Can you please elaborate on what you are trying to say. I think I know, but I just want to be sure.

Master Vigil

JesusIsTheWay said:

Opinion, no evidence, no proof.

Or at one time, before the plates collided, that part of the mountain was underwater. Flood is a story, no evidence, no proof.

Yes, a link would be nice.

Or just another proof for evolution, depends on which way you look at it.

Not. Natural creation from Tao.

Pretty slim, but that in no way proves the existence of god. It only proves that our chances were slim.

Or Tao and the the energy that makes up the universe is eternal, as is change. No need for a belief in a anthropomorphised concept of god.

Some food for thought.
Have a good day/night
- David
I'll try, thank you. :D

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
God created Adam and Eve mature,
That's funny... they didn't act very mature! :D
The flood would explain
No possible way. I have fossils that I have dug up from all over the US. That many shells do not occur after only 80 days. Don't twist the facts to fit your reality.
Well the expierment ended up with the fruitfly actually losing traits
Losing traits is as much evolution as gaining them.
The complex design of our minds and bodies are proof of creation.
So is a cake, but it evolved out of flour and milk and a lot of heat! :D
Take a good look at the world around you,
God uses any tool he wants, and that includes evolution. Evolution and God are not mutually exclusive.
Also explain
See #5
much sense does this make:
See #5... but otherwise that's a non sequiter.

Losing traits is as much evolution as gaining them.
I meant the gaining of traits and charateristics, not the losing of. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. I was just pointing out that we couldn't have "evolved" from whatever it is scientists are now saying we evolved from.

scitsofreaky

Ok, so I was right about what you meant.
Well, there was a begining to our universe, but we cannot know that our universe is not made up of the remnants of another universe. Perhaps the energy that makes up everything in our universe has always existed, just in different states and forms (which energy seems to tend to do).
From the experiament:
Or, they will be unable to adapt, and will all perish.
The first outcome proves that species evolve; the second outcome proves they don't.
Actually, part of evolution is animals not being able to adapt, which is known as natural selection. Sometimes animals just can't survive under certain conditions. So, an animal not adapting does not prove or disprove anything at all. So, this was flawed and obviously bias from the get go.

Well, there was a begining to our universe, but we cannot know that our universe is not made up of the remnants of another universe. Perhaps the energy that makes up everything in our universe has always existed, just in different states and forms (which energy seems to tend to do).
And how did that energy get there?
- David

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
JTW,

There has been so much proof for evolution, that I don't know why you want to discount it? Like I said evolution and God are NOT mutually exclusive. You do God no favors by holding to such an unteneble solution.

scitsofreaky

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so it has always existed. Just because we cannot understand something always existing, doesn't mean it hasn't.

There has been so much proof for evolution
So much proof...

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so it has always existed. Just because we cannot understand something always existing, doesn't mean it hasn't.
I understand that God has always existed, so I understand that something could have always existed. I'm saying that it had to have been put there, because energy can't create itself. It had to have been created.

God uses any tool he wants, and that includes evolution. Evolution and God are not mutually exclusive.

True, God does use any tool he wants. But where does it say that God used evolution in the Bible? Its talking about a literal 7 days!

scitsofreaky

It had to have been created.
Why? If it has always existed, then it wasn't created. Perhaps what you think of as God is really just energy.
True, God does use any tool he wants. But where does it say that God used evolution in the Bible? Its talking about a literal 7 days!
Where does it say to take the story of creation literally?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
JesusIsTheWay said:
The bible is not a text book on biology. Why would it mention evolution? It doesn't mention Newtonian physics, either, but does that mean that inertia doesn't exist?

The bible is not a text book on biology. Why would it mention evolution? It doesn't mention Newtonian physics, either, but does that mean that inertia doesn't exist?
In Genesis 1 it clearly says that God created the Heavens and the earth and He did so in 7 literal days. I'm not talking about anything else.

- David

scitsofreaky

I agree with sunstone. It doesn't say God created everything in literally 7 days. In fact, days hadn't even been created when he started.

If the Genesis 1 account is more poetic then factual, then why is it that the literal creation of earth(and everything else) is referred to as an actual event in the Bible? And because it sounds poetic does that mean its not true?