• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Links to Purunas or Upanishads online?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I've read the Bhagavad Gita, and tried to read the Rig Veda, but I couldn't understand it yet. So can anyone provide me with the links mentioned in the title? Trying to learn more about Sanatana Dharma...

Thank you

Onkara

I would recommend reading the Bhagavad Gita with commentary. I paticularly like the commentary by Ramanuja (as well as Adi Shankara). The commentary often provides links to the Upansihads, which I feel helps to tie the valuable scriptures together. One can then broaden their reading list to the Upanishads.

I have not read the Vedas per se (although the Upanishads form a part of the Vedas, I undertood - I am always open to correction).

The commentary of Ramanuja can be found here, under the verse:Srimad Bhagavad-Gita

I know you have read this Senedjem Ji, however each time I read it I have felt progress in my spiritual understanding so offer it for an option again, as the teaching of Krishna have much depth with the Archarya's have taken the time to highlight :D

kaisersose

The Gita Super Site (www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in), a project by IIT, has a number of standard commentaries in multiple languages. It scores top points with me.

A neutral translation of the Rig Veda can be found in Internet Sacred Text Archive Home

Sectarian or doctrine specific interpretations are available by Saayana (Advaita), Madhva, Arya Samaj, etc. You can pick one of your choice, but you may not find them online.

Onkara

Anyone seen the works of Sri Vallabhacharya they could point me to please, either online or a shop which ships to Europe? Specifically commentary on the Brahma Sutras (Anubhasya) or Bhagavad Gita in English?