• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life on other planets.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Super Universe said:
The universe is not congenial to life, it is just the opposite. Temperature extremes, radiation, toxic chemicals, lack of oxygen, lack of pressure, food supply, water... Many, many, things have to be within a specific range for life to succeed.
Well, considering that in our solar system alone there are three worlds that are or have been congenial to life, i'd have to disagree with you. Those planets being Earth, ancient Mars and Europa.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Halcyon said:
Well, considering that in our solar system alone there are three worlds that are or have been congenial to life, i'd have to disagree with you. Those planets being Earth, ancient Mars and Europa.

Is this a matter of your faith?

There is only evidence for life on one planet in our solar system.

The rest is speculation.

royol

When you calculate the odds, life on another planet wins every time,
true or not, the nearest star is 4 light years away and the vast distances mean
it would take a lifetime to get there and back, and radio has been going out
into the Galaxy since the 1920's, so if they exist they are taking their time getting back to us.
It might be a few years yet (we will all be dead) before life is found.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Super Universe said:
Is this a matter of your faith?

There is only evidence for life on one planet in our solar system.

The rest is speculation.
I said three worlds congenial to life, i didn't say life had formed on all three.

kai

ragamuffin
if there not life out there somewhere i will be a monkeys uncle--------------------