• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life Advice That Does Suck

We Never Know

No Slack
Here's one I know and hate: Play the game. Omit truths. Tell lies. Say what they want to hear. Act like the way they want do what they say. You got to play the game. Pretend. Be something you arent. Stop acting autistic.

I took that advice. I had to for survival the advice was from my sister to me. And I acted so far different from who I am I no longer know who I am. I masked my autism and disability so well I no longer know how to act like myself tho I try. I know how to play the game. I know how to pretend to the point who you are is unknown. It's made my life pretty bad now but it also saved it in the short run. It made my life worse. Caused a lot of problems mentally and was draining. I feel so happy now I'm in a group home I can act like myself.

One I heard was don't hate the game, hate the player because its the player that makes it a game.

We Never Know

No Slack
Anybody ever give you advice that made your life worse?

One I recall is someone told me to never go to sleep over an argument. (with your spouse)

shutterstock_631099433-2-307492.jpg

So I stayed up late nights insisting we resolve our differences, often forgetting what the argument was originally about. Waking up the next day to realize the argument was over something so inconsequential it was not worth the 4-5 hours spent trying to resolve it.

Arguments usually only escalate. Better to sleep on it and reevaluate the next day with a clear head.

In a sense don't put all your eggs in one basket could be taken as bad advice.
Literally.... unless you are clumsy, put as many eggs in that basket as you can or you will just have to make more trips to the chicken coop.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
That goes back to the saying of actions speak louder than words.
If actions speak louder then words why is the pen mighter then the sword?
Just something I heard one time. Not something I agree or disagree with but thought I'd put here.