• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP Only: Sacred Geometry

jasonwill2

It's got nothing to do with Christ, it has to do with the fact I'm put off by torture...

But isn't torture a joyful thing when the person deserves it? Is there not people in your life, who's suffering would bring you pleasure? As well I could say that it represents the sometimes suffering of the path...

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
But isn't torture a joyful thing when the person deserves it? Is there not people in your life, who's suffering would bring you pleasure? As well I could say that it represents the sometimes suffering of the path...

That's an interesting point. But crucifixion is torture lite haha.

Premium Member
I'm sorry, are you a member of this DIR? I've only seen you ask one question.

Chill.

Khep-Ra or Xepe-Ra the Self-Created One. Xepera= "I Am Come Into Being."

Xeper= "Self-Creation" or "Become".

I thought that Kheper means "to come into being", which I suppose does not contradict what you said, just said differently. Khep-Ra means I, personally, have come into being?

My apologies. **wanders off**

Hmmm, I have not seen one thing that shows you are not Left Hand Path. Jason's word is not law in this DIR, if you don't violate it you've done nothing wrong. Are you not Left Hand Path in any aspect?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I thought that Kheper means "to come into being", which I suppose does not contradict what you said, just said differently. Khep-Ra means I, personally, have come into being?

Ok, here is the Magical Formulae of the Aeon of Set: "Xepera-Xeper-Xeperu= "I Am/Have Come into Being and by the Process of my Becoming I Have Become the Creator of That Which Has Come Into Being". Or - "The Self-Created God, Creates, Creations."

/Adramelek\

Premium Member
Ok, here is the Magical Formulae of the Aeon of Set: "Xepera-Xeper-Xeperu= "I Am/Have Come into Being and by the Process of my Becoming I Have Become the Creator of That Which Has Come Into Being". Or - "The Self-Created God, Creates, Creations."

/Adramelek\

Oh yes, I remember seeing this long ago when I first became interested in Setianism. Now I see what you are saying haha. Thanks.

Premium Member
I have been doing a lot of research, not on sacred geometry but on the golden ratio. I am almost sad to admit my findings, but let my Luciferian side come out to accept what seems true. The first almost sad thing is how much merit this "sacred geometry" seems to have. First of all, the pattern now called "flower of life" is apparently found throughout the world and throughout time. Second, getting the platonic solids and all the other information that you can supposedly get out of it seems quite valid. Third, the new agers and theists have their hands all over the topic, ensuring it will likely never be taken seriously, which upsets me. However, I was looking into the golden ratio, as I said. The sad fact is that it's appearance and place in nature is greatly over exaggerated. Apparently it does not appear many placed. While it, and the Fibonacci sequence are quite beautiful, they seem to be created rather than discovered, unlike the rest of this theory. The pentagram may exist in nature such as tied to Venus, but it is really just a shape we made that has what we call the golden ratio (the golden pentagram specifically). The golden ratio is not found that often in nature, it was not used in all the buildings and art where it's use has been claim, and it does not make something more beautiful (beauty is completely subjective, and this has been tested). Sad to say, if there is something to "sacred geometry", Phi and the pentagram are likely not a part of it.

EDIT: Should be noted I mean the golden pentagram here. Pentagrams appear in "sacred geometry", but not golden ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonwill2

I have been doing a lot of research, not on sacred geometry but on the golden ratio. I am almost sad to admit my findings, but let my Luciferian side come out to accept what seems true. The first almost sad thing is how much merit this "sacred geometry" seems to have. First of all, the pattern now called "flower of life" is apparently found throughout the world and throughout time. Second, getting the platonic solids and all the other information that you can supposedly get out of it seems quite valid. Third, the new agers and theists have their hands all over the topic, ensuring it will likely never be taken seriously, which upsets me. However, I was looking into the golden ratio, as I said. The sad fact is that it's appearance and place in nature is greatly over exaggerated. Apparently it does not appear many placed. While it, and the Fibonacci sequence are quite beautiful, they seem to be created rather than discovered, unlike the rest of this theory. The pentagram may exist in nature such as tied to Venus, but it is really just a shape we made that has what we call the golden ratio (the golden pentagram specifically). The golden ratio is not found that often in nature, it was not used in all the buildings and art where it's use has been claim, and it does not make something more beautiful (beauty is completely subjective, and this has been tested). Sad to say, if there is something to "sacred geometry", Phi and the pentagram are likely not a part of it.

EDIT: Should be noted I mean the golden pentagram here. Pentagrams appear in "sacred geometry", but not golden ones.

Couldn't find the original that was vertically flipped in Google again, so I uploaded the up-side-down one I saved to my computer:

awesomepent.png

Now THAT is holy.

Premium Member
Couldn't find the original that was vertically flipped in Google again, so I uploaded the up-side-down one I saved to my computer:

awesomepent.png

Now THAT is holy.

That's cool, sure. But I think you completely missed the point. Most artwork is beautiful in its own way, but that does not mean it is anything deeper than human creation. We are capable of amazing things as human beings, but this thread is not about beauty, it is about fundamental patterns and aspects of reality, in which the golden pentagram seemingly has no place. Even music, I love music and it can be amazing. But it is man made, your favorite bands are not channeling some fundamental aspect of reality, not making it come to life. Music is beautiful and created. Touching but not "spiritual".

Yep, almost nothing adheres so rigidly to these ratios. Crystal structures are flawed, snowflakes aren't exactly symmetrical, the nautilus shell isn't a perfect golden spiral. Chaotic events intervened to mess up those things. They are real enough to be important, with the harmonic ratios are found in art, music, architecture, and they have a real human impact. but not outside of direct human creation so much. The only perfect absolute of any kind I can think of in the universe that isn't man made is the speed of light.

I think phi is part of a very short list of things that are absolutely artificial. I think that is a source of significance though. It's the thing that makes us a little bit less like the other animals. I'd extend it to mathematics and measurement in general though. Besides phi, there are a lot more amazing beautiful coincidences in math. and with math, we can do things like rationalize/visualize infinity.

Last edited:

jasonwill2

Never said it was more than a product of the mind.

Wanna see objective geometry? Look at the organization of certain molecular bonds. Carbon in particular.

Never said it was more than a product of the mind.

Wanna see objective geometry? Look at the organization of certain molecular bonds. Carbon in particular.

Your chemistry teachers lied to you to keep it simple. Carbon very rarely makes real tetrahedrons. Some electron pairs take up more space than others, throwing off the angles. Many bonds are bent. Even if carbon does make a tetrahedron by binding to four identical things, a tetrahedron only describes the AVERAGE SHAPE of the molecule. The bonds are constantly bending, twisting, stretching, and moving around. And at any given time, are almost never an actual tetrahedron with 106.5 degree bond angles.

Long story short, carbon bonds are just as ****** up as everything else.

Last edited:

jasonwill2

Your chemistry teachers lied to you to keep it simple. Carbon very rarely makes real tetrahedrons. Some electron pairs take up more space than others, throwing off the angles. Many bonds are bent. Even if carbon does make a tetrahedron by binding to four identical things, a tetrahedron only describes the AVERAGE SHAPE of the molecule. The bonds are constantly bending, twisting, stretching, and moving around. And at any given time, are almost never an actual tetrahedron with 106.5 degree bond angles.

Long story short, carbon bonds are just as ****** up as everything else.

Cool story bro, but obviously I know that, but there substances such as crystals that have definite patterns in their structures. I was just saying that in general they bond in certain "shapes" that change how the react to other substances. This just seems like splitting hairs imo

Premium Member
Yep, almost nothing adheres so rigidly to these ratios. Crystal structures are flawed, snowflakes aren't exactly symmetrical, the nautilus shell isn't a perfect golden spiral. Chaotic events intervened to mess up those things. They are real enough to be important, with the harmonic ratios are found in art, music, architecture, and they have a real human impact. but not outside of direct human creation so much. The only perfect absolute of any kind I can think of in the universe that isn't man made is the speed of light.

I think phi is part of a very short list of things that are absolutely artificial. I think that is a source of significance though. It's the thing that makes us a little bit less like the other animals. I'd extend it to mathematics and measurement in general though. Besides phi, there are a lot more amazing beautiful coincidences in math. and with math, we can do things like rationalize/visualize infinity.

Lack of understanding does not equal chaos. I bet everything follows patterns, just ones more complex than the golden ratio and such.