• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LGBT Community Rights

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Not being LGBTQ, but my understanding is that they want people to stop being bigots and to let them live in peace.
They do live in peace, no one bothers them until they demand to be called a woman for etc.
Live as a woman, enjoy, but don’t ask people to actually say yes you are a woman.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I don't want **** at this point, except for everyone to STFU, including "the community". There was really nothing left to fight for after gay marriage. Now it's just far-left radical deconstructionist poison and faux-victimization. I have nothing to do with that.
Yes, I can’t think of much that needed to be fought for after gay marriage. An agenda that needed to be pushed to extremes I suppose.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't want **** at this point, except for everyone to STFU, including "the community". There was really nothing left to fight for after gay marriage. Now it's just far-left radical deconstructionist poison and faux-victimization. I have nothing to do with that.
Yes, I can’t think of much that needed to be fought for after gay marriage. An agenda that needed to be pushed to extremes I suppose.
Up hear in Canada, there's not much going on with respect to LGBTQ issues. That's right, since 2005, when we won the right to marry, the fuss was pretty much over. The Federal Government is not making any noise about retracting any of our rights, nor are the provinces, nor the municipalities. Courts aren't engaged in LGBTQ issues either, per se. Our Supreme Court hasn't issued a veiled threat that we might be next on its agenda. It's done.

But I'll tell you, it does appear to me to be very different down there in the Excited States, with state after state (usually red) rushing headlong into battle against drag, trans, libraries, schools on matters of sexuality. As is so often the case, with losing parties, they seem to have picked an enemy that they can frighten their huddled masses with.

And so, of course, that enemy is forced to fight back.

In other words, if the right in the US were not trying to demonize LGBTQ communities, those communities would probably be going on about the business of living their lives quietly, as we more typically do up north.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Up hear in Canada, there's not much going on with respect to LGBTQ issues. That's right, since 2005, when we won the right to marry, the fuss was pretty much over. The Federal Government is not making any noise about retracting any of our rights, nor are the provinces, nor the municipalities. Courts aren't engaged in LGBTQ issues either, per se. It's done.

But I'll tell you, it does appear to me to be very different down there in the Excited States, with state after state (usually red) rushing headlong into battle against drag, trans, libraries, schools on matters of sexuality. As is so often the case, with losing parties, they seem to have picked an enemy that they can frighten their huddled masses with.

In other words, if the right in the US were not trying to demonize LGBTQ communities, those communities would probably be going on about the business of living their lives quietly, as we more typically do up north.
There's a backlash here because a lot of the activists have lost their minds, divorced themselves from reality and are pushing it on everyone, including preschool and elementary school children (and not just teaching them that LGBT people exist; that's not what I'm talking about). So a lot of people are fed up with it.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There's a backlash here because a lot of the activists have lost their minds, divorced themselves from reality and are pushing it on everyone, including preschool and elementary school children (and not just teaching them that LGBT people exist; that's not what I'm talking about). So a lot of people are fed up with it.
Every trans person is a person who lost their mind and is divorced from reality to the conservative political majority in this country, no matter how active, quiet, loud. Being 'one of the good ones' won't save you from 'backlash'.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
"We have people that live among us today on planet Earth that are happy to display themselves as if they were mutants from another planet. This is the planet Earth where God created men, male and women, female. I'm a proud Christian conservative Republican. I'm not on the fence, not on the fence. There is so much darkness in our world today, so much evil in our world today. And so many people who are afraid to address the evil, the dysphoria, the dysfunction. I'm not afraid to address the dysphoria or the dysfunction. The Lord rebuke you, Satan and all of your demons and all of your imps will come and parade before us. That's right. I called you demons and imps who come and parade before us and pretend that you are part of this world. So I'm saying my righteous indignation is stirred. I am sick and tired of this," he said.

Perhaps one goal is to educate people who believe they are demons or mutants.

Clizby Wampuscat

Up hear in Canada, there's not much going on with respect to LGBTQ issues. That's right, since 2005, when we won the right to marry, the fuss was pretty much over. The Federal Government is not making any noise about retracting any of our rights, nor are the provinces, nor the municipalities. Courts aren't engaged in LGBTQ issues either, per se. Our Supreme Court hasn't issued a veiled threat that we might be next on its agenda. It's done.

I agree some are just bigots. However, my points of contention are the transition of children and the expectation for others to lie about who they are. I will call someone anything they want to be called but I will not lie and say that a trans woman/man is the same as a woman/man. I don't care unless they make a big deal out of it or are harming others such as in women's sports etc.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There are always those who don't know when to quit -- doesn't matter what the issue is. Mosr of us just learn to ignore them, and when they stop getting any press at all, they go away. Well, it works up here in Canada, anyway.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Is that the reason for the whole backlash or just for a part of it? Any group will always have unreasonable and fringe elements. LGBT people are no exception. I would question the fairness and open-mindedness of anyone who lashed out against LGBT people as a whole or their legal and social rights based on the actions of a minority. No group in existence could withstand that level of scrutiny.

I think rigid glorification of tradition and demonization of change are among the main reasons for a lot of the backlash. I've noticed this in reporting about trans people in particular, where a lot of outlets frame any challenges to the traditional gender binary as a threat to society.