• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's start at the beginning? maybe?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I said that but was it in this thread? Anyway, like it or not, you are a fish and an ape...and why not bacteria...my several billion times great grandfather was a bacterium...

...and we most certainly are at least partly bacteria to this day...latest estimates about 38 trillion of them inhabit the ecosystem that is the average 70kg human ape-fish body...there are more bacteria cells in your body than human ones - though their combined weight is only about 200g.

I know - it's shocking - but don't worry...they have already gotten quite used to you...and it's even more amazing to think that not only are they all really, really there...but they're also all your distant cousins...talk about extended family...and boy, have they moved in and made themselves at home...turns out, they even decide what you're having to eat...unless your bacterial in-laws overrule them of course.

And dust? Yep...you guessed it...we're that too...star dust to be precise...and from more than one star...but that's stretching the evolutionary process way back beyond the beginnings of biology.

But it is a grand view...this scientific explanation of where we come from...for me every bit as simultaneously uplifting and humbling as any religious creation myth...and just as poetic in its own objectively realist way...can I get an amen to that (as they say)?
I don't think so. Your theory sounds fishy to me. Smells like rotten fish ... Dead fish. In a figurative sense of course. Hey! Have a good one.