• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

We Never Know

No Slack
That sort of nothing may not be possible. And that ais the point. When a physicist says that the universe could have come from nothing you would need to ask them how they define "nothing". As far as mass and energy it appears that the universe could have come from "nothing" because the total energy of the universe when measured is as close to zero as they can measure.

"May not be possible"?

If absolutely nothing ever existed, there would still be absolutely nothing. IMO I think its safe to say isnt possible

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
the Theory of Evolution is absolutely connected to the theories of abiogenesis. There can be no evolution without a beginning. It is inextricably connected. You and I have a difference of opinion about this as well as what others believe.
This error o fyours has been explained to you many times.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You're bringing me back to days gone by when I might say, yeah, sure...(and walk away).
The problem is that popele sometimes go out of their way not to understand. They can even understand the concept of potential energy and see how that is "negative energy" in the world of physics. But putting it together iinto what it means when the energy of the universe is measured to be zero is beyond them. Or as in something that you just demonstrated that you understood is how evolution does not rely on abiogenesis. Yes, abiogenesis is the probably answer but people into the sciences value honesty and proper explanations.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
This error o fyours has been explained to you many times.
It doesn't matter how many times it has been explained that abiogenesis and evolution have no connection. Because -- there IS no explanation that meets the qualifications of explaining how the two are not connected. (None whatsoever.)

YoursTrue

The problem is that popele sometimes go out of their way not to understand. They can even understand the concept of potential energy and see how that is "negative energy" in the world of physics. But putting it together iinto what it means when the energy of the universe is measured to be zero is beyond them. Or as in something that you just demonstrated that you understood is how evolution does not rely on abiogenesis. Yes, abiogenesis is the probably answer but people into the sciences value honesty and proper explanations.
(yeah yeah yeah...) :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It doesn't matter how many times it has been explained that abiogenesis and evolution have no connection. Because -- there IS no explanation that meets the qualifications of explaining how the two are not connected. (None whatsoever.)
That is not true. You just cannot understand the very simple explanations.

Which is weird.

We Never Know

No Slack
Exactly. It is very strange to have the believe that a God can make all life out of nothing while at the same time believing that a God cannot create even a single celled organism.

If you accept this...

"Evolution is what happened after life formed no matter if it was by abiogenesis, a god, an alien, etc.. Evolution happened after.

You should accept this ..

The BB is what happened after the universe began no matter if it was by a god, an alien, a fairy, etc.. The BB happened after the start, it was not the beginning.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you accept this...

"Evolution is what happened after life formed no matter if it was by abiogenesis, a god, an alien, etc.. Evolution happened after.

You should accept this ..

The BB is what happened after the universe began no matter if it was by a god, an alien, a fairy, etc.. The BB happened after the start, it was not the beginning.
That works.

We can say that we know that the Big Bang happened. We do not yet know its cause.

We Never Know

No Slack
Exactly. It is very strange to have the believe that a God can make all life out of nothing while at the same time believing that a God cannot create even a single celled organism.

"believing that a God cannot create even a single celled organism.

Never seen anyone claim that. We are beyond a single celled organism so......

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"believing that a God cannot create even a single celled organism.

Never seen anyone claim that. We are beyond a single celled organism so......
Essentially that is what @YoursTrue is doing because when it comes to evolution she thinks that it can only start by abiogenesis. In other words she is saying in response to the God and alien part:

"Evolution is what happened after life formed no matter if it was by abiogenesis, a god, an alien, etc.. Evolution happened after."

Those other two are impossible somehow. Abiogenesis can only be natural. It makes no sense to me either.

YoursTrue

Essentially that is what @YoursTrue is doing because when it comes to evolution she thinks that it can only start by abiogenesis. In other words she is saying in response to the God and alien part:

"Evolution is what happened after life formed no matter if it was by abiogenesis, a god, an alien, etc.. Evolution happened after."

Those other two are impossible somehow. Abiogenesis can only be natural. It makes no sense to me either.
OK, actually I'm not sure what you are saying about my belief. I am saying simply that according to the theories, abiogenesis is integral to evolution. Evolution simply cannot happen without abiogenesis. Granted the theory of evolution is certainly more detailed than that of abiogenesis but it cannot be possible (even if I disagree with the theory of evolution) without starting somewhere, somehow. (which I am saying is abiogenesis for the theoretical scientific view)

We Never Know

No Slack
OK, actually I'm not sure what you are saying about my belief. I am saying simply that according to the theories, abiogenesis is integral to evolution. Evolution simply cannot happen without abiogenesis. Granted the theory of evolution is certainly more detailed than that of abiogenesis but it cannot be possible (even if I disagree with the theory of evolution) without starting somewhere, somehow. (which I am saying is abiogenesis for the theoretical scientific view)

"Evolution simply cannot happen without abiogenesis."

So are you claiming that if a god created simple life it wouldn't evolve?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Please, show how this is the case. Quote and link a valid source.