• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's give living a shot

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't get to kill myself so you don't either. Suicide is cowardice and selfish. It hurts too many people. I admit, the world is ugly, complicated, temporary, and disappointing. Let's try living anyway, I guess. Any ideas or suggestions?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't get to kill myself so you don't either. Suicide is cowardice and selfish. It hurts too many people. I admit, the world is ugly, complicated, temporary, and disappointing. Let's try living anyway, I guess. Any ideas or suggestions?

Actually suicide is very brave, not many people have the guts to take their own life. Or given the scenario where it is the only option consider the pain and anguish that drives a person to such a decision.

But it can be very selfish if if leaves loved ones to clean up the mess.

And i am sure people will try to contradict my post with religious imperative.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually suicide is very brave, not many people have the guts to take their own life. Or given the scenario where it is the only option consider the pain and anguish that drives a person to such a decision.

I think people should have the right to take their own lives, but I don't think it should be peddled as an option and of course all help should be offered. I think many suicides are the result of broken mental health systems and lack of understanding or even care, especially for young people, 'it's just a phase'.

MikeDwight

Well of course everyone but the mentally ill know they Have a mental disease, you need to see professionals, and of course any sort of situation you feel suicidal is a mental illness, and of course you should take cues from professional's interests, the annual revenue from mental heath is 300 billion dollars.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I think people should have the right to take their own lives, but I don't think it should be peddled as an option and of course all help should be offered. I think many suicides are the result of broken mental health systems and lack of understanding or even care, especially for young people, 'it's just a phase'.

I agree to an extent. What i dont agree with is the "peddling". Suicide on something like the Dignitas model should be available for those in need as a last resort.

There are other reasons besides the poor mental health system (that we came very close to experiencing last year). I have considered ending my life, not really for mental or any health reasons but a situation i got myself into that i could see no exit from.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree to an extent. What i dont agree with is the "peddling". Suicide on something like the Dignitas model should be available for those in need as a last resort.

There are other reasons besides the poor mental health system (that we came very close to experiencing last year). I have considered ending my life, not really for mental or any health reasons but a situation i got myself into that i could see no exit from.
I hear you. I think what 'mental health' covers should be wider ranging; i.e, if you find yourself in a situation such as I am with my alcoholic father, then there should be places you can go that aren't charities and find permanent help, not transient help.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I hear you. I think what 'mental health' covers should be wider ranging; i.e, if you find yourself in a situation such as I am with my alcoholic father, then there should be places you can go that aren't charities and find permanent help, not transient help.

Absolutely. Unfortunately funding for such shelters is non existent and funding for mental health issues is rather random from city to city

MikeDwight

Where's the transient help anyway? Ya how come you think so? No do a search of Whatever city you're in for the basic homeless resource and go check in on it too, please. Thank you. Doing yourself a Favor here.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

When I wanted to kill myself before, I decided to wait at least 3 days. In those 3 days I always found some reason to want to keep on living. In the moment, **** is **** and there is only ****, but things happen. Things that capture your interest, that you want to see how it turns out. Also the odd moments of compassion and friendship you run into. Time changes things. Give time the time to change the situation you find yourself in.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Where's the transient help anyway? Ya how come you think so? No do a search of Whatever city you're in for the basic homeless resource and go check in on it too, please. Thank you. Doing yourself a Favor here.

What country are you in?

ChristineM

Premium Member
What a dodge. Nobody is doing any homeless support in New York to Los Angelas to San Antonio, and who controls the housing is a bunch of made up rules, any day.

America is representative of just 5% of the world population. No dodge here, europe with twice the population has far better facilities even if they are a long way from perfect.

MikeDwight

America is representative of just 5% of the world population. No dodge here, europe with twice the population has far better facilities even if they are a long way from perfect.
Are we talking about hostels? That sure is an interesting European word.

Erebus

Any ideas or suggestions?

Take it a day at a time. If thinking about the future hurts, just get through today.

Find something you enjoy and spend some time each day doing it even if you don't really feel like it.

If you don't think you can make it through the week, reach out to somebody.

I'm not so good at positivity but those tips have helped me out on more than a few occasions. Hopefully they'll help you too.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I jumped off a building breaking multiple bones and tearing two meniscuses. If I would have succeeded, it would have been an easier alternative to living, therefore cowardice. I was attempting to run away.

MikeDwight

I jumped off a building breaking multiple bones and tearing two meniscuses. If I would have succeeded, it would have been an easier alternative to living, therefore cowardice. I was attempting to run away.
Some veteran got free college in my class falling off a roof and hurting his back, sounds like you got it nailed, freedom wound.

ChristineM

Premium Member

How much does it take to throw yourself into a position that you know, in all likelihood, will kill you.

You may gave been running away but you chose bravery to excape