• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let The Mayhem Begin!

Flame

Beware
A day late but none of my teams were playing yesterday so :shrug:.

Here's to a good season and hopefully no Canucks or Leafs Stanley Cup Champions this year. ;)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
strictly for believers, and they consider it evident reasoning.

I can't reckon it to be useful, too many holes in their evidence. too much that is irreconciable to a God about reality.

I wish it mattered.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks and NJ Devils in that order.
Thank you. Original 6 stuff. I liked Chicago back in the day ... Stan Mikita was the guy. And then there was Orr. Today on the sports here (Edmonton) they were discussing whether or not McJesus was faster then Orr. What do you think?

Flame

Beware
Thank you. Original 6 stuff. I liked Chicago back in the day ... Stan Mikita was the guy. And then there was Orr. Today on the sports here (Edmonton) they were discussing whether or not McJesus was faster then Orr. What do you think?

Sadly I'm not old enough to have watched some of the greats during their playtime but I do have quite a few of my dad's hockey cards during the early 70s to early 80s, quite a few Mikita cards in there. :D

I'd say there's a high possibility. The kid is still young and is the fastest skater in the league right now if we go off this. Connor McDavid wins Fastest Skater Plus he's still young so he has plenty of growing room left. It will be interesting to see where he is in 4-5 years time.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
A Scotsman went to a hockey game and observed, "I think if I had a stick, I could draw blood too."

Flame, I got to go through the glory days of the Oilers, when it was common to score 10 goals or so. We were very lucky to have 99. Crazy days. As a kid it was Montreal, because Dad like to tick off all his racist (anti-French) neighbours by cheering for them.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
eichel got 80 mill for eight years and he might get 79 points a season. I've seen the greatest hockey players ever back in the 80s and 90s. and I really don't think Mr. eichel is anywhere near that level of play.

by the way does anyone actually watch more than a handful of games in a given year? 82 games is a dreadfully long season if you have no team to root for.

Flame

Beware
by the way does anyone actually watch more than a handful of games in a given year? 82 games is a dreadfully long season if you have no team to root for.

I try to catch every game of the teams I mentioned above although I'm a bit of a hockey fanatic. Most people I know tend to watch a game every few weeks. :shrug:

Wirey

Fartist
Oilers. McDavid looks faster than last year, and Draisital is getting more polished. Talbot may be the most underrated goalie in hockey.

The Leafs actually look really good too. 15 goals in their first two games.