• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left handedness comparable to homosexuality?

dan

Well, when Christ fulfilled the Mosiac law it was specifically determined that the food laws would be done away with, as were many of the Mosiac laws. What did not change were moral laws. It has remained wrong to lie, cheat, steal, kill and commit adultery. Homosexuality was not a rite that the Jews had to perform to stay ritualistically clean. You're comparing apples to baseball stadiums. Page 95 of the New American Bible was not written by God, it was written by some people who didn't read all of Leviticus. Moral laws are also put forth. Go back and study the O.T a little better before you throw that crap at me.

No one is stoning me at the moment, but I have twice been stoned in the past. This was not a formal Jewish stoning, mind you; this was two different gangs chasing me down and hucking rocks at me because of my religion.

My own religion, by the way, is the only reason I'm alive, and it has afforded me more freedom than any other institution on earth, and I've seen a lot of them. Please don't judge me like I'm some stupid little kid.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
no ones judging you! seroiously i think we have a little inferiority complex.

its sad that those two gangs chased you down with rocks, for whatever reason.

but lets stick to the thread OK? thx.

But i think we can all agree to disagree. dan here finds the bible to be God's word, even though some laws were created and others were done away with. I find many parts of the bible true to God's word, but because it was written by the human hand, i think that some (*some*) parts of it are deeply influenced because of the society and culture they live in.

no matter, im not christian or jew.

dan

I agree with you that the texts of the Bible have been corrupted over the years, but it is still remarkably intact for such an ancient book. The Bible is the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.

(Q)

I agree with you that the texts of the Bible have been corrupted over the years...

In whose favor? Surely, the corruption of any institution must have underlying agendas of wealth and power, don't you think?

but it is still remarkably intact for such an ancient book

Do we really know that? If so corrupted, what is there for comparison?

The Bible is the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.

Consider that the original text was not written in modern English, or any form of English as it did not exist at the time. In that regard, how well is the Bible translated into English?

dan

The only translations that can be trusted 100% are inspired translations. The problem is that we don't have any inspired versions on the earth today. God's authority was lost with the death of the last Apostle, and no church has had it since then. It is back on the earth today, but the Lord prefers we be guided by the spirit in our studies. He can show us the truth and the error in the scriptures. The main institution that has corrupted the scriptures is the Catholic church. They are responsible for many of the misconceptions, but even they began with a corrupted text. It was not pristine long before they came on the scene.

(Q)

God's authority was lost with the death of the last Apostle, and no church has had it since then.

It sounds like revision is in order to bring back what was lost, perhaps from the 'Big Guy' himself?

The main institution that has corrupted the scriptures is the Catholic church.

Do you think the Catholic church is responsible for similar problems in our modern times?

dan

OK, sorry. No, I do not think the Catholic church is responsible for homosexuality, but perhaps for left-handedness. They have their left hands in so many pockets all over the world that their influence in political, social and religious circles is infamously undeniable. The "Big Guy" does not revise, He restores. Christ preached about old wine in new bottles and all that jazz. God has restored (not revised) the same right-handed Gospel that existed during the reign of His Apostles. They were all straight, too.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
how are u so sure that they were straight? do u kno how everyone says jesus came down to earth to be as a man and suffer for his sins? if he was a man, what kind of man wouldnt not get married? unless if he had another agenda. sorry if thats a wrong word, i dont mean to imply that jesus was a homosexual, but rather he was an asexual. but people say if he did come down to earth to live as a man, then perhaps he did get married to mary magdalene?

hmm. asexual. they could have been bisexual. love your neighbor as yourself. narsassistic?

seriously, you cannot find proof of someones sexuality through scripture!

dan

Songs of Solomon is a very sexual book. It's not inspired scripture, though.

Christ very well could have been married, too. Think about this: it was illegal during Christ's day to have a beard unless you were married; it was illegal to preach at all unless you were a married man. The Pharisees would have had no trouble at all arresting Him if He were breaking those laws.

scratch

are you saying lefthanded people are gay? I just jumpt into the forum and it sounds like thats what your saying.

Lightkeeper

scratch said:
are you saying lefthanded people are gay? I just jumpt into the forum and it sounds like thats what your saying.
Read the first post in the thread, so you know what it is about.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
no, left handed people are gay. the point was that perhaps the thing that causes people to be left handed is simliar to what causes people to be gay. genetics or whatever.

also, the many orthodox people in the early 1900 believed that it was *wrong* to write with your left hand. perhaps this gay phobia will pass too. as they say, history repeats itself.

scratch

My dad is left handed he's not gay, My sister is left handed she's not gay. I don't really see where your proof of gay left handed people stands.

Is that a typo did you mean to say aren't?

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
nooooooooo. sigh.

o gawd. okay. LISTEN.

are left handed, wether gay or straight, are who they are because they were born that way?
are gay people, wether left or right handed, are who they are because they were born that way?

genetics? or envoronemnt? are the genes causing these two similair?

get it?

if not, SOMEONE HELP ME!

dan

It's just the nature/nurture argument wrapped up in something that will help the layman (or layperson) understand a little better the argument.