• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left-Hand Path and Anti-Semitism

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
So I am sure you guys know about these ridiculous groups like Joy of Satan as well as one's like Order of the Nine Angles. These groups and many more, especially JoS, preach such anti-semitism that Hitler would be satisfied. What is your opinion on such views? Why do LHP groups seem more likely to be (openly) anti-Judaism than other groups? In fact, many Neo-Nazis seem to associate with these pseudo-LHP groups. How do they make you feel?

Orias

Left Hand Path
So I am sure you guys know about these ridiculous groups like Joy of Satan as well as one's like Order of the Nine Angles. These groups and many more, especially JoS, preach such anti-semitism that Hitler would be satisfied. What is your opinion on such views? Why do LHP groups seem more likely to be (openly) anti-Judaism than other groups? In fact, many Neo-Nazis seem to associate with these pseudo-LHP groups. How do they make you feel?

Because it fits some peoples attitude.

Not mine however, I hate everyone equally.

blackout

Violet.
TBH this is a major reason why I don't associate myself with the LHP AT ALL IRL.

I hang out in the LHP forum here
because, while I kind fit "pagan, mystic and esoteric" just as well
there's the most interesting conversation
on a regular basis in the LHP DIR.

Just as in any other path, there are so many individuals, groups and sub groups
that I don't want to be even REMOTELY associated with.
This is why I generally dislike labels,
and don't stick them on mySelf.

EDIT: MY path (the UltraViolet Path) is the only path I can speak for.
It is the only path I OWN. (and the only one I will ever "Own Up To" in any way)

Last edited:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Sounds like one more attempt to break taboos just for the fun of breaking them. Personally I've never understood hating any group of people for any reason. It's uncivilized, it's childish and most of all it's degrading your own intellect. I don't really like people in general, but it has nothing to do with who they are and has everything to who I am (I'm not a very social personality).

As a sidenote, I'm happy there aren't any "LHP" groups here where I live in the way UV mentioned. Everyone I've met are very much like the ones here in the DIR, very... could you say moderate? in their beliefs. I've had a hard time being accepted by my family and friends as it is (even without any labels), and with groups like JoS I could give up all hope of ever getting to a point where I can openly be who I am.

Back to topic, kind of at least. I do know a guy who claims to be a Satanist, who goes around causing mischief (like turning over tombstones) and being openly a racist, but he's really young and seems to be more about rebelling than actually practicing any religion.

InChrist

Free4ever

I am not sure I understand why this would even be a question. What distinguishes a real LHP from a pseudo-LHP? Wouldn't anti-semetism be one of the logical outcomes or consequences of the LHP if one became immersed in following the adversary or adversarial position completely? At least from the perspective given in the Bible which indicates the extreme hatred Satan has for the Jews.

I know this is a DIR, so I hope I have asked these questions and worded my post in an appropriate way.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I am not sure I understand why this would even be a question. What distinguishes a real LHP from a pseudo-LHP? Wouldn't anti-semetism be one of the logical outcomes or consequences of the LHP if one became immersed in following the adversary or adversarial position completely? At least from the perspective given in the Bible which indicates the extreme hatred Satan has for the Jews.

I know this is a DIR, so I hope I have asked these questions and worded my post in an appropriate way.
It would be important to remember that the Jewish conception of Satan is as an agent of God as tempter of men. No hatred, just business.

InChrist

Free4ever
It would be important to remember that the Jewish conception of Satan is as an agent of God as tempter of men. No hatred, just business.

I've heard this concept, but I haven't yet looked into it. But is seems to me that Jesus and the apostles were Jewish yet they considered Satan to be evil and an enemy of humanity.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I feel this is going very deep into off-topic, but here we go.

Satan (Hebrew: הַשָּׂטָן ha-Satan), "the opposer", is the title of various entities, both human and divine, who challenge the faith of humans in the Hebrew Bible.
- Satan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Book of Job gives a good description of Satan in his true/original role.
I've never even thought about Satan as someone having something against Jews in special and the thought makes very little sense to me. Satan is seen as the adversary of (or for) God and a tempter of mankind in whole. Actually in the Gospels there's very little talk about Satan and much more talk about Beelzebub, whom they called the prince of demons. So yes, it's right there, if you keep your eyes open. No talk about hate, though. That's much later lore.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I am pretty anti-semitism myself, but that's not all, for hate all religions equally.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

You probably believe the nonsense that our slogan is "do what though wilt" and that's all. Purely ignorant. The adversarial thought is one small thing, and it is personal. The LHP is not concerned with the thought of others unless it intrudes on our Will. How Satan is anti-Semetic is passed me.

I've heard this concept, but I haven't yet looked into it. But is seems to me that Jesus and the apostles were Jewish yet they considered Satan to be evil and an enemy of humanity.

I call this ignorance, the whole not knowing what you are discussing haha. Jesus was Jewish, and Satan would mean an adversary of human spiritual development. This is not the devil of Christian mythology. Forget what scripture says specifically and read between the lines. The teachers are as corrupt as the work. You claim to search for truth so do it.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Raised Jewish, not always Jewish. Their opinions were their own.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I meant religiously. Were you raised Jewish? Only if so can you understand. Judaism, religiously, never leaves you. Btw it is not an ethnicity.
I was raised in a religion I have given up but I know will never leave me as well, but I would not continue to identify myself by something I no longer believe.