• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS Trivia

SoyLeche

meh...
Post any trivia questions you like.

Here's #1 (I got this one from a John Bytheway talk)

How old was Alma (the Elder, not the younger) when he believed Abinadi and had to escape from King Noah?

"A young man" is not an acceptable answer. I want a number. :)

SoyLeche

meh...
Look it up all you want. That is the point. Search the Scriptures or any other resources you have. If you have access to the same John Bytheway talk that I have, you haven't cheated any more than I did.

BTW, 15 is wrong.

SoyLeche

meh...
Good job! I'll give you Frubals if you can tell me how that can be known from the text of the BoM. (I'd give you some now, but then I might not be able to later. If someone beats you to it, I'll Frubal both of you :))

Aqualung

Tasty
I figured it out by looking in the index under Alma. It gave his years as being from like 170 something to 60 or something like that. Then I looked at the part where he had to flee, and it happened to be 25 years after his birth (by looking at the years at the bottom). I don't know how they knew when he was born, though. :D

SoyLeche

meh...
Excellent!!! You can also tell because it gives his age at his death (If I remember right, he was 82). You then use the dates at the bottom of the page and do a little math (Yay, math!!)

Frubals to you.

If anyone else has a question, let's keep the game going!

SoyLeche

meh...
It's been a while, but I just heard another piece of interesting trivia:

Who was the only man to serve as a Councilor to 4 different Presidents of the Church?

jonny

SoyLeche said:

Who was the only man to serve as a Councilor to 4 different Presidents of the Church?

I say President Hinkley. I know he was councilor to Kimball, Benson, and Hunter. I don't know if he was before that.

SoyLeche

meh...
SoyLeche said:

Another tidbit about this person:

Although he was ordained to the Quorum of the Twelve, he never served there because he was always in the First Presidency.

jonny

SoyLeche said:
Another tidbit about this person:

Although he was ordained to the Quorum of the Twelve, he never served there because he was always in the First Presidency.

Hmm. Was it J. Ruben Clark?

Squirt

SoyLeche said:

This is totally a guess, but President Hinckley?

silvermoon383

It was George Q. Cannon. He was a coucillor to Young, Taylor, Woodruff, and Snow.

I've got one for ya-

What was the name of Mormon's horse?

SoyLeche

meh...
silvermoon383 said:
It was George Q. Cannon. He was a coucillor to Young, Taylor, Woodruff, and Snow.

I've got one for ya-

He's actually not the one I was thinking of - so I guess I was wrong, there were more than one that fit the description.

OK, then, the person I'm thinking of was a part of 5 different First Presidencies

FFH

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
the person I'm thinking of was a part of 5 different First Presidencies
Jospeh F. Smith was also in the First Presidency with Young, Taylor, Woodruff and Snow. I'll keep searching.

jfs_1.jpg

Joseph F. Smith

FFH

Veteran Member
silvermoon383 said:
Gidgidoni; Gid, or Gidoni, for short. "Giddy up Gidoni !!!", he would shout, each time he went into battle with the Lamanites.