• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS Trivia

SoyLeche

meh...
FFH said:
Jospeh F. Smith was also in the First Presidency with Young, Taylor, Woodruff and Snow. I'll keep searching.

jfs_1.jpg

Joseph F. Smith
And he was President - that makes 5. Good Job!

FFH

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
And he was President - that makes 5. Good Job!
Good question !!! It really made me search some things out that I probably would not have looked into otherwise.

Joseph F. Smith especially means a lot to me because I am related to his sister, who was his only other sibling.

Double frubals (IOU for second frubals) trivia questions:

Frubals if you can tell me the name of Joseph F. Smith's sister.

Frubals if you can tell me how old Joseph F. Smith's sister was, when their father, Hyrum Smith, was martyred, along with Joseph Smith

Frubals to anyone who can tell me how old Joseph F. Smith was, when his father Hyrum Smith died.

silvermoon383

FFH said:
Gidgidoni; Gid, or Gidoni, for short. "Giddy up Gidoni !!!", he would shout, each time he went into battle with the Lamanites.

Not quite. You're close though.

Hint- Think of other commands you give to a horse.

FFH

Veteran Member
silvermoon383 said:
Not quite. You're close though.

Hint- Think of other commands you give to a horse.
I got it !!!! Hi ho Silver (Onti) away !!! Mormon's horses' name was Onti !!!

DeepShadow

White Crow
Here's a few more to chew on...

What politician chose the name Utah, thereby fulfilling prophecy?

Why did John Taylor treasure a red handkerchief until the day he died?

Willard Richards confessed to Joseph Smith that he was afraid of dying a violent death. Joseph made a prophecy on Willard's behalf, that in his darkest hour, bullets would fly in all directions around him and he would not be harmed. What was especially unusual about this prophecy?

What did the Mormon pioneer children scatter along the way to Salt Lake City?

DeepShadow

White Crow
silvermoon383 said:
David W. Patten, one of the 12 Apostles was killed at the Battle of Crooked River on Oct. 25, 1838.

you got it.

up for a bonus round?
what else was unusual about his martyrdom?

SoyLeche

meh...
DeepShadow said:
Willard Richards confessed to Joseph Smith that he was afraid of dying a violent death. Joseph made a prophecy on Willard's behalf, that in his darkest hour, bullets would fly in all directions around him and he would not be harmed. What was especially unusual about this prophecy?
Willard Richards was a very large man, easily the largest target in the room, but he escaped with a knick in his ear, I believe. I think the prophesy was that he wouldn't get any holes in his clothes, and it happened.

Coincidentally, Joseph Smith had said that as long as they didn't hang him, he didn't care how he died. Willard Richards told him that if he (Joseph) was to be hung, Willard would take his place.

DeepShadow

White Crow
Soyleche appears to have got the idea behind my question, but the crucial part I was looking for was this: in prophesying Willard's darkest hour, Joseph was prophesying of the day he himself would die, but that only became clear after the fact.

SoyLeche

meh...
DeepShadow said:
you got it.

up for a bonus round?
what else was unusual about his martyrdom?
I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I found this:

http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/w/o/wol3/pattedw1.htm said:
Speaking of those who had fallen from their steadfastness, he [David Patten] exclaimed, "O that they were in my situation! for I feel I have kept the faith, I have finished my course, henceforth there is laid up for me a crown which the Lord, the righteous Judge shall give to me." Speaking to his beloved wife who was present and who attended him in his dying moments, he said, "whatever you do else, O, do not deny the faith!" He all the while expressed a great desire to depart. I spoke to him and said, "Brother David, when you get home I want you to remember me." He exclaimed, "I will." At this time his sight was gone. We felt so very much attached to our beloved brother, that we beseeched the Lord to spare his life and endeavored to exercise faith for his recovery. Of this he was perfectly aware, and expressed a desire, that we should let him go, as his desire was to be with Christ which was far better. A few minutes before he died he prayed as follows:--'Father, I ask thee, in the name of Jesus Christ, that thou wouldst release my spirit and receive it unto thyself:" and then said to those who surrounded his dying bed, "Brethren you have held me by your faith, but do give me up and let me go I beseech you."

SoyLeche

meh...
DeepShadow said:
What politician chose the name Utah, thereby fulfilling prophecy?
Henry Clay offered the "Compromise of 1850" which organized the Utah territory, but I can't find if he chose the name or not. If it isn't him, I'll keep looking.

DavyCrocket2003

DeepShadow said:
What did the Mormon pioneer children scatter along the way to Salt Lake City?
When I read the book My Antonia, it said that the Mormons had scattered sunflower seeds along the way when they moved west. I have no idea if this is true or if it is what you had in mind but I thought it was cool anyway.

DeepShadow

White Crow
That's it! There are parts of their trail that still have those sunflowers growing along the sides. They scattered the seeds for the sake of those who came along behind them.

SoyLeche

meh...
Thought I'd resurrect this one for a minute - although this one is pretty easy.

What passage of scripture can be found in all 4 of the Standard Works (with slight variation)?

PHOTOTAKER

SoyLeche said:
Thought I'd resurrect this one for a minute - although this one is pretty easy.

What passage of scripture can be found in all 4 of the Standard Works (with slight variation)?

joseph history 65, isa 29:11, dan 12:9, 1 ne. 14:26, 2ne 27:10, ether 4:5, d&c 35:18

i don't know if this is what you were thanking of...