• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS Godhead /Christian Trinity

PHOTOTAKER

this whole trinity thing is starting to sould like, "all things came from one and all things will return to one"

if marriage and god are suppose to be one and in one the same. than how dose a man and a woman become one? and how do we become one with the church?

this is in relation ship to the trinity thing...

and to me it seem that the trinity makes rules for God, dosn't it to anyone else?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
comprehend said:
do they have definite boundaries? Is it "one" because it is the same "kind" of stuff or because their stuff occupies the same space?
Well, here is the statement that Victor/James made:

God has one Essence (that which makes Him Divine)
So I guess the question would be, what is God's essence. What is it that makes God divine? What is it that distinguishes the divine essence from the human essence?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
You guys believe Jesus still has his physical body?
If that is true then they must also hold that the Father and Son are separate and distinct individuals. yes?
Yes, and I would say no.

Apparently it is irrational?
I wouldn't say it is irrational, I would say it is impossible to fully grasp with our finite minds. Would kind of be like digging a 1' diameter, 1' deep hole in the beach and trying to put all of the ocean in it.

my question for you is, do the three separate hypstasis' share the same essence or do they have identical but distince essences?
I would think that all Trinitarians would say they share the same essence.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Mister Emu said:
Yes, and I would say no.
ok. you will have to explain how that works. If Jesus died, would the Father die?

I wouldn't say it is irrational, I would say it is impossible to fully grasp with our finite minds. Would kind of be like digging a 1' diameter, 1' deep hole in the beach and trying to put all of the ocean in it.
I have no idea what that means except that my mind is the 1' hole in this scenario.:eek:

I would think that all Trinitarians would say they share the same essence.
would you be willing to help me understand in what way they do that?
do they have definite boundaries or are they everywhere? if definite, are they shared boundaries or not? Is it "shared essence" because it is the same *kind* of stuff or because their stuff occupies the same space? for example, you and I may both have cups of water (essense) but they are not the same water, just the same stuff. Is that what it is or do you mean that it is indeed the same water?