• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lauren Boebert Calls for Alligators To Be Deployed at Southern Border

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

And they're still pressing on the impeachment of Mayorkas.

Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert fired back at California Democratic Rep. Robert Garcia's claims over Donald Trump's border policy, saying she would happily sign legislation that included "alligator moats" to secure the southern border.

During a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on Tuesday to discuss the recent migrant surge at the southern border, House Republicans pushed forward their initiative to impeach Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, whom they have accused of failing to enforce U.S. immigration policies at the border. Mayorkas, who did not attend the hearing, rejected the accusation, while Democrats objected to the impeachment proceedings.

"The Donald Trump and MAGA plan is alligator moats, bombing northern Mexico, shooting migrants in the legs, and electrifying the fence, and putting spikes on them," Garcia said on Tuesday. "That is the Donald Trump border plan."

Mocking Garcia's intervention, Boebert, a MAGA Republican and longtime Trump ally, told the far-right, pro-Trump news network One America News on Wednesday that she would co-sponsor legislation like the one recapped by the Democratic representative on Tuesday.

"I do believe that Robert Garcia did present to the nation our newest border bill with the gators, an electric fence and spikes," she told One America News' Dan Ball, laughing. "Sign me up, just don't take any more taxes, but I'm for it," responded Ball.

"Sign me up, I will co-sponsor that legislation, I'm happy to," she said. "Also, I do think that the originator, the original man who claimed that we need gators and a moat at the border, was comedian Ron White, so I think we need to give some credit to him there. All jokes aside, this is a serious matter and we do need to hold Secretary Mayorkas accountable."

Over the years of living near the border, I've heard some people come up with all kinds of inventive ways of keeping people out. It's beyond ludicrous, though I don't consider them serious proposals. But they do seem to provide a glimpse as to the kind of thinking that goes on when they actually do make policies and proposals.

We need to seek out more diplomatic and humane solutions. We do have to fix some serious problems at the border. I mean, we don't have these kinds of problems at the Canadian border, so maybe we ought to compare what we've been doing up there to what we've been doing down below. That might help give us better insight as to what the solution is.

Thoughts?

RestlessSoul

Over the years of living near the border, I've heard some people come up with all kinds of inventive ways of keeping people out. It's beyond ludicrous, though I don't consider them serious proposals. But they do seem to provide a glimpse as to the kind of thinking that goes on when they actually do make policies and proposals.

We need to seek out more diplomatic and humane solutions. We do have to fix some serious problems at the border. I mean, we don't have these kinds of problems at the Canadian border, so maybe we ought to compare what we've been doing up there to what we've been doing down below. That might help give us better insight as to what the solution is.

Thoughts?

You may not have these problems at the Canadian border, but I wonder if the Canadians do? ;)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Thoughts?

Obviously, she doesn't much value human life if she's serious. What seems so true today about the MAGA Pubs is that the dumber and outspoken one is, the more they're cherished.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Thoughts?
Going medieval moat around the castle huh?

I'm sure some might have a penchant for delicious cajun gator barbecues, and maybe a couple of hand bags, shoes , and belts to hold up their pants.

Saltwater crocodiles would probably be a little bit more effective but not very good for the southern environment for saltwater crocodiles to thrive.

Constantine wire is a much better proven effective and relatively cheaper fix than feeding all those gators with migrants and migrants eating gator chow.

Firenze

Premium Member

Thoughts?
We should at least give her credit for interrupting her ‘happy ending’ activities long enough to act like a politician…..

Twilight Hue

I don’t know. But many moons ago I won a prize and was given a copy of The Mass Psychology of Fascism, by Wilhelm Reich; I’m beginning to think I probably should have read it.
I was thinking the same about the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx. I read some of it but not all of it.

Clizby Wampuscat

When will Dems and Reps realize they actually aren't that different when it comes to immigration?
Really? Why don't the dems want to secure the border? Biden has done everything to thwart border security from repealing Trump's executive orders on day 1, suing Texas for trying to secure the border and not calling conservatives evil names because we want border security? They are not close at all. If Biden and the dems wanted border security they could have done it by now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Really? Why don't the dems want to secure the border? Biden has done everything to thwart border security from repealing Trump's executive orders on day 1, suing Texas for trying to secure the border and not calling conservatives evil names because we want border security? They are not close at all. If Biden and the dems wanted border security they could have done it by now.
Biden has largely done what Trump did.

Twilight Hue

For me, it's obvious why Democrats want to keep the borders open cuz they think of themselves as a central ruling party and as a means to an end strategy where anchor babies born on American soil can be perpetrated and conditioned to be voting for them once they become of age because they feel citizens presently living here are not sufficient to get that easy takeover of the country.

It's basically a weaponization of foreigners ready to be processed into citizens that they think will support them and them alone.

Twilight Hue

Biden has largely done what Trump did.
No he hasn't. Trump had the border under reasonable control and had no intention of increasing those numbers for his benefit or for the benefit of the Republican party, unlike what the Democrats are intentionally doing now by purposely and intentionally keeping the borders completely open for people to overrun it then catch and release allowing illegals to go even further into the interior of the country rather than deporting them back to their point of origin.