• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Krishna knows "Past, Present and Future"?

native3

Shrinidhi Kowndinya
Krishna is the Past Present and the Future.... Absolutely...

First thing one need to understand about Krishna is he is very complicated yet strangely beautiful....

When i say he is the Past Present and Future please don't bring in a image of a someone sitting somewhere who knows all these things....

Krishna is not a person or just a God.... he is beyond all that..... he lives submerged in time and also above it.....

He knows the past because he was there in the past..... He knows the Present because he is there in the Present.... he knows the Future because he will be there in the future..... he will be there in all 3 states forever.....

When you wear a T - Shirt of Blue color now he knows that.... But If you change your mind and wear a Green one he knows that too..... It is not like he will be wrong or your have no other choice..... what ever you do it is left to your free will but Krishna knows it that's all....

He knows you will wear a Blue shirt but at the same time he also knows that you will change your mind or you may not change your mind too.....

So if you wear any shirt Krishna remains accurate all the time and there will be no effect to your freewill.....

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
"There is no work that affects Me; nor do I aspire for the fruits of action. One who understands this truth about Me also does not become entangled in the fruitive reactions of work.” - Bhagavad Gita 4.14

“Unintelligent men, who know Me not, think that I have assumed this form and personality. Due to their small knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is changeless and supreme. I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible. O Arjuna, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities; but Me no one knows.” - Bhagavad Gita 7.24-26

Bhagavad Gita 4.14 is saying that Krishna couldn't care less what we do, He desires no control over anything, because He is everything.

Just sayin'. ;)

Think about what? Nothing to think about. I have my beliefs and made them clear, several times. You can't prove or justify a belief, or back into it.

Understandable, I'm no one to challenge your beliefs. Give you didn't respond, I just wanted to make sure you understand the points kaiserose and I were making and how there is logical inconsistency in free will and omniscience.

When you wear a T - Shirt of Blue color now he knows that.... But If you change your mind and wear a Green one he knows that too..... It is not like he will be wrong or your have no other choice..... what ever you do it is left to your free will but Krishna knows it that's all....

He knows you will wear a Blue shirt but at the same time he also knows that you will change your mind or you may not change your mind too.....

So if you wear any shirt Krishna remains accurate all the time and there will be no effect to your freewill.....

"Changing your mind" is an event, just like wearing tshirt X. It doesn't change any of the arguments I made.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The bible doesn't speak for itself and say it's true; men say the bible is true. Krishna speaks for Himself.

native3

Shrinidhi Kowndinya
As i have clearly said before which looks like no one is taking into account...... KRISHNA is not a person or some eternal power which controls or knows everything..... KRISHNA is nothing but PURE CONSCIOUSNESS.... In the whole of Mahabharatha only one person knew what to do at what time..... Only Krishna knew what he has to do at this moment...... that does not mean that the opposing Kauravas were sitting idle or acting on krishna's words.... they did what they all wanted to do but Krishna did what was right.... because he KNEW what was right....

In the same way When KRISHNA goes to convince the Kouravas to hand over the rightful part of the empire to Pandavas they disagree and The negotiation falls apart..... Now this is not Krishna's Failure but just another of his Conscious plays....

So Krishna is one among all of us.... he is not different from us...... so when you make a choice of a Shirt he knows that.... when you change he knows that too.... as he is blended into all living and non-living things in this world in the form of Consciousness....

kaisersose

As i have clearly said before which looks like no one is taking into account...... KRISHNA is not a person or some eternal power which controls or knows everything..... KRISHNA is nothing but PURE CONSCIOUSNESS.... In the whole of Mahabharatha only one person knew what to do at what time..... Only Krishna knew what he has to do at this moment...... that does not mean that the opposing Kauravas were sitting idle or acting on krishna's words.... they did what they all wanted to do but Krishna did what was right.... because he KNEW what was right....

In the same way When KRISHNA goes to convince the Kouravas to hand over the rightful part of the empire to Pandavas they disagree and The negotiation falls apart..... Now this is not Krishna's Failure but just another of his Conscious plays....

So Krishna is one among all of us.... he is not different from us...... so when you make a choice of a Shirt he knows that.... when you change he knows that too.... as he is blended into all living and non-living things in this world in the form of Consciousness....

With all due respect, you are not getting the point.

Also, first you say Krishna is not a person and then in the very next line you talk about Krishna the person in the Mahabharata.

native3

Shrinidhi Kowndinya
Exactly.... now i think you are trying to understand the point.... Krishna is not just a person..... he is CONSCIOUSNESS.... And He can also manifest in Human form.... but that does not mean that he is just that..... He can be in Human form when required and in all the rest of the times too he exists in the form of Consciousness.... hope now you understand the point.... so to make it clear i have mentioned his Conscious form and human form in my post......

As i have clearly said before which looks like no one is taking into account...... KRISHNA is not a person or some eternal power which controls or knows everything..... KRISHNA is nothing but PURE CONSCIOUSNESS....

I'm sure TbtL strongly disagrees. Hare Krishnas explicitly state Krishna is a person.

Maybe I'm not understanding your post, but I'm more interested in what Krishna knows in regards to the future. He states he knows "past, present and future." How do you interpret this? Does he know what will happen tomorrow or not?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
And you believe Krishna said he was god, and therefore anything Krishna says is true.

Krishna is not a book. You're saying the bible, a book, says itself is true. That's tantamount to the Mahabharata saying itself is true. The Mahabharata is a book. It can't speak about itself any more than the bible can speak about itself.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sure TbtL strongly disagrees. Hare Krishnas explicitly state Krishna is a person.

I'm not a Hare Krishna, so I can't speak for them, I'm not even a good Vaishnava. Krishna took the form of a human, but He is not human. Krishnas tu Bhagavan Svayam: Krishna is God Himself. God has no form.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it's time to get off this Moebius Strip.

Timmy21

The members on the Hare Krishna forum are highly intelligent the reason they did not answer your question is because they see Krishna as omniscient and dislike his abilities being attempted to be broken down through logical speculation. Krishna is not a perception of god that exists in someone's mind he is a historical reality.

Makaranda

Whats with all the necro-bumps from hare-krishna and associates? Are you lot making new accounts to specifically post in threads long abandoned? The folks who made the OPs are likely long gone, so you are probably wasting your time.

Timmy21

There were questions and inquiries made about Krishna so I simply played my part in answering them, I had come across this thread and felt the need to make some statements.

Shantanu

There were questions and inquiries made about Krishna so I simply played my part in answering them, I had come across this thread and felt the need to make some statements.
You have done a very good thing. It is good that old threads are revived so that we get a chance to revise our understandings based on what previous posters wrote who are no longer with us. So thank you.