• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kony 2012 is hypocritical

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
Honestly, just for a moment let's ignore all the reports that Invisible Children may be a scam, just looking at their own video for now.

Jason Russell pats himself on the back for pressuring the US to get involved in a conflict for reasons other then national defence. Excuse me? Am I the only one that heard that?

After watching that video I came out with a terrible aftertaste, It really ticks me off that so many people who support this organization (that twisted the Obama administration's arm until they sent troops half way across the world) are some of the same people who were so opposed to the Iraq war, on grounds that it had nothing to do with National Defence!!!

Now whatever you think of the Iraq war is fine and dandy, but shouldn't people be consistent? If we want the US to track down war criminals, we shouldn't pick and choose based on Youtube and Facebook which ones we want them to fight.

Is it just me or does this whole thing reak of hypocrisy

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
National defence means? uhhhh well thats.... shut up terrorist!

(that was not at you; since I seem to get in trouble when using sarcasm let me state very clearly this is meant to be a joke)

They began to move troops into Uganda during the Libyan war (not in hostilities my &%$) and those troops (one hundred I believe) have not managed to achieve the outcomes the administration wants, therefore they want to gather public support to go into another war; whether or not kony2012 was influenced by the powers that be are arguable (i have certainly spoken to conspiracy theorists that believe so, given the man's sudden problems), however the truth is irrelevant to a large extent - what matters is that the administration was ALREADY trying to kill Kony and control the region, they are then attempting to capitalise on the kony2012 hype (whether or not they had a hand in it)

Parasites.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I thought it was more newsworthy and funny the guy who worked on it got caught mastu.... in public. Poor dude

atropine

Somewhere Out There
As far as I know, Kony hasn't been active since 2006. They don't even know if he is alive. The LRA is still running, but it's probably not Kony running it-- someone else has stepped in to take it over. And Invisible Children dropped the ball, pulling this stunt just as combat units were going in to hunt these people down and see what could be done... I am paranoid enough to wonder if it was on purpose or not.

Plus there are rumors of Invisible Children giving money to the Ugandan army. That army uses child soldiers, many of them who used to work for LRA/Kony but were "freed".