• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kneeling? On the toilet?

Choose best answer:

• Kneeling

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Pooping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are equal in the eyes of Emmanuel!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If the same person, with same level of holiness, prayed the same prayer kneeling, rather than on the toilet dropping a deuce, would the prayer be more powerful?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
If the same person, with same level of holiness, prayed the same prayer kneeling, rather than on the toilet dropping a deuce, would the prayer be more powerful?
Who we praying to? I know at least one deity that would take feces as an offering.

VoidCat

Christians, Jews, and Muslims claim their Deity existed forever and had no beggining!
Oh ok then well...i guess I'll butt out then... I ain't qualified to answer this from that perspective since im a pagan and luciferian.

Edit: Im disappointed...i wanted to talk about deities who'd accept poop as an offering.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Oh ok then well...i guess I'll butt out then... I ain't qualified to answer this from that perspective since im a pagan and luciferian.

Edit: Im disappointed...i wanted to talk about deities who'd accept poop as an offering.
Oh, I've never heard of that. :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What inspired this thread was an AA meeting where someone mentioning praying on the toilet.

It isn't a practice of mine, but just thought I'd ask.

I didn't take into account this thread might be distasteful to many

I'll try to be more sensitive in the future. Thank you! :)

VoidCat

What inspired this thread was an AA meeting where someone mentioning praying on the toilet.

It isn't a practice of mine, but just thought I'd ask.

I didn't take into account this thread might be distasteful to many

I'll try to be more sensitive in the future. Thank you! :)
Distasteful? I find it hilarious. But I can kinda see why one wouldn't eh.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Distasteful? I find it hilarious. But I can kinda see why one wouldn't eh.
Im actually very pleases you said that! :D

But I'm ticked at the same time because it's one of those, " one person's trash is another person's treasure moment".

Not that you found it a gem or anything, but it certainly had redemptive qualities to it, so for your sake I'm glad I posted the thread . Not that it made your day, but you found it amusing "Hilarious" even. That's great! :)

For others, not so much.

It's just one of those moments that one goes through repeatedly in life , where something that brings something positive or amusing to one person, is offensive to another, so one doesn't actually know whether to accept correction or not!

Something like this thread isn't a big deal, but many times in my life it was more serious, where someone gives me positive affirmation over something that greatly offends another. I know not who to listen to!

I guess be myself, follow my gut, golden rule, follow my conscience, be myself, is the compass I follow at the end of the day.

But I hate how confusing life is, where it isn't hardly ever clear when it is a good idea to accept correction.

Sometimes it's obvious!

But I've done things (every wise advisor would have told me not to do), that were the best thing possible for me.

I actually came to Minneapolis Saint Paul in the back of a Sheriff's vehicle, for doing something sinister.

And yet, living in the Twin Cities is the best place BY FAR I have ever lived , and very obviously my destiny.

Yet I got here doing what every wise voice, even my conscience, should tell me "Don't do that Spiderman! Terrible, bad idea!!!"

So, I'm just really confused. All is grey. Almost nothing is black and white for me. :(

I believe person with level of holiness would rather pray in some other place than on the toilet.