• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kirk Cameron | Does he love all people?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yep. Of course there were some isolated cases but on the whole, pagan religions got along with other religions just fine. Only Yahweh was so arrogant as to demand the rejection of all other Gods. Shame really, I prefer diversity.

Still, this is a pretty recent event and hardly worthy of your "history of history" remark. That makes it sound like the beginning of time or something.

now consider that 2/3 of the entire population is either christian or islamic
it's no surprise that atheists or followers of another religion are being confronted, for lack of a better word, with the status quo.

as for the "history of history" part, i was just being cheeky and over dramatic as i was quoting spongebob
:D

Trey of Diamonds

now consider that 2/3 of the entire population is either christian or islamic

Yes, the methods of the Jealous God were very successful. Darwinian logic suggest that the Abrahamic religion is the strongest and fittest because it has been the most successful.

it's no surprise that atheists or followers of another religion are being confronted, for lack of a better word, with the status quo.

I don't think there is a status quo. First the Abrahamic religions were fighting to survive in a world of diverse religions. Then they became the most successful religions and ended up fighting amongst themselves for supremecy. Now they are faced with a growing tolerance of atheism, other religions and even the reemergence of older religions they thought they had destroyed. I think they may fear the loss of supremecy they hold and believe they are fighting for their survival once again. Once again, Dawinian processes on a cultural scale.

as for the "history of history" part, i was just being cheeky and over dramatic as i was quoting spongebob
:D

Well, we do love drama here. ;)

waitasec

Veteran Member
I don't think there is a status quo. First the Abrahamic religions were fighting to survive in a world of diverse religions.

were those pagan religions?
i would say fighting to conquer...unless there were other religions that had a jealous god :shrug:

Then they became the most successful religions and ended up fighting amongst themselves for supremecy. Now they are faced with a growing tolerance of atheism, other religions and even the reemergence of older religions they thought they had destroyed. I think they may fear the loss of supremecy they hold and believe they are fighting for their survival once again. Once again, Dawinian processes on a cultural scale.
tolerance in the loosest sense of the word i'd say.

Well, we do love drama here. ;)
gotta add some spice to liven the party
:faint: :eek: :ignore: and of course :bonk:

Trey of Diamonds

were those pagan religions?
i would say fighting to conquer...unless there were other religions that had a jealous god :shrug:

I would say they were fighting to survive up to the third century when they converted the Romans. Once the Romans were on board it became a quest to conquer.

tolerance in the loosest sense of the word i'd say.

I'm not saying those of the Abrahamic faith are tolerant but rather that secular societies in general are more tolerant of other religions. Of course this varies from region to region as well. Even in the Bible Belt the majority of the citizenship don't care what their neighbors are doing, its just the loudmouths who are being heard and their numbers are growing smaller rather than larger. This creates fear and makes them even louder.

gotta add some spice to liven the party
:faint: :eek: :ignore: and of course :bonk:

And don't forget some :drunk:

jamesmorrow

Now now, you are making assumptions that have no basis in reality. Just because I say that Cameron has the right to speak his mind and not be told to keep silent is not the same as condoning his viewpoint. Talk about a stretch. :rolleyes:

my assumption that you are NOT homosexual is based on the reality that not only do cameron's comments not negatively affect you, you agree with his opinion that he should not be told to keep silent....

now, is my assumption that you are not a homosexual not correct???

A

angellous_evangellous

now, is my assumption that you are not a homosexual not correct???

Your *** knows that he's a homosexual?

That's one smart ***.

(One has to wonder how you can tell a heterosexual from a homosexual by only using your ***-the source of your assumptions)

jamesmorrow

Your *** knows that he's a homosexual?

That's one smart ***.

(One has to wonder how you can tell a heterosexual from a homosexual by only using your ***-the source of your assumptions)
my oh my, such clever humor, i dont know what to do with myslef right now, should i ROFL or LMFAO? im still trying to decide because you are oh so funny :clap

A

angellous_evangellous

my oh my, such clever humor, i dont know what to do with myslef right now, should i ROFL or LMFAO? im still trying to decide because you are oh so funny :clap

Don't be blinded by the light

Be guided by it

A

angellous_evangellous

Oh, you misread me my friend. I assume that you can only sense another homosexual because of the response of your *** at the sight / sound / etc of another.

Don't get me wrong, I admire your talent. And I suspect our friend will as well, whether or not he is actually gay.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I find his opinion far more detrimental to society than how he thinks homosexuality is.

that said, he does has the right to voice it. Naturaly, people can also reply too.

A

angellous_evangellous

I find his opinion far more detrimental to society than how he thinks homosexuality is.

that said, he does has the right to voice it. Naturaly, people can also reply too.

I suggest that every time Kirk voices his opinion, he should literally pay for it.

Start with his tongue.

jamesmorrow

you see what angellous did there folks? he was guided by the light into taking the first three letters of the word "assumption" and creating mighty impressive humor with it. what a clever little christian he is.... praise jesus for he guided you towards humor, in light of all the homophobia

A

angellous_evangellous

That depends.

Am I getting money out of this ? :D

Sure. Unfortunately, you're going to debt because Kirk isn't worth much.

Whining about getting an acrimonious response for attacking others = Kirk is a HUGE ******* coward. A coward.

In case you missed it - HE IS A COWARD.

jamesmorrow

Oh, you misread me my friend. I assume that you can only sense another homosexual because of the response of your *** at the sight / sound / etc of another.

Don't get me wrong, I admire your talent. And I suspect our friend will as well, whether or not he is actually gay.

oh, stop it. now you are just out doing yourself. i am simultaneously ROFL ing and LMFAO ing. such a rich sense of humor you have. how very entertaining

A

angellous_evangellous

oh, stop it. now you are just out doing yourself. i am simultaneously ROFL ing and LMFAO ing. such a rich sense of humor you have. how very entertaining

I do have a delightful sense of humor, a devestating intellect, and an incomprehensibly surpassing beauty.

Fortunately, I know how to invest all of my gifts.

Unfortunately, not everyone shares in such blessing. Or maybe they have, but are spent.

In any case, if you keep reading my posts, you'll end up on the floor in the fetal position murmuring "Angellous is my daddy.... Angellous is my daddy" over and over and over again.

Don't do that. Just enjoy what you have and move on.

jamesmorrow

I do have a delightful sense of humor, a devestating intellect, and an incomprehensibly surpassing beauty.

Fortunately, I know how to invest all of my gifts.

Unfortunately, not everyone shares in such blessing. Or maybe they have, but are spent.

In any case, if you keep reading my posts, you'll end up on the floor in the fetal position murmuring "Angellous is my daddy.... Angellous is my daddy" over and over and over again.

Don't do that. Just enjoy what you have and move on.

ouch...complacency, pride, and self-love. not the fruits any true christian likes to be known by.

i wonder how many other threads have been derailed by your sophomoric displays

A

angellous_evangellous

ouch...complacency, pride, and self-love. not the fruits any true christian likes to be known by.

i wonder how many other threads have been derailed by your sophomoric displays

I'm sure you can guess.

You have the ability to determine sexuality - surely you can perfectly sense my brilliance - and the depth of my character.

Surely, whatever you say about me must be true, no matter how vile it is.

Pour it out wherever you like, but for god's sake stop feeding on it.