• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kintsugi

N1h1l810

Ahoy all! I'm new here, thanks for having me.... I figured a good first post would be about the psychological relation of kintsugi. Kintsugi is the Japanese way to repair broken pottery with gold. I'm sure you've seen it in a picture somewhere. Beautiful pieces of art. Kind of like the development of the heart and brain. Our experience may break us. But at some point, life melts gold, and uses it to glue that piece back onto you. Not forgotten, just a lesson learned, still part of us, and who we are and who we will become.
Never perfect again. But after seeing kintsugi in myself as well as my favorite coffee mug, perfect seems a little boring.
Thoughts welcome!

Heyo

Veteran Member
Ahoy all! I'm new here, thanks for having me.... I figured a good first post would be about the psychological relation of kintsugi. Kintsugi is the Japanese way to repair broken pottery with gold. I'm sure you've seen it in a picture somewhere. Beautiful pieces of art. Kind of like the development of the heart and brain. Our experience may break us. But at some point, life melts gold, and uses it to glue that piece back onto you. Not forgotten, just a lesson learned, still part of us, and who we are and who we will become.
Never perfect again. But after seeing kintsugi in myself as well as my favorite coffee mug, perfect seems a little boring.
Thoughts welcome!
Welcome to RF.

Did you repair your mug yourself?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Kintsugi is shubumi.
1707220003597.jpeg

I apply this philosophy to repairs of antique machinery.
What is history is left for all to see. Don't disguise what
was done. Preserve & enjoy elegant & otherwise repairs.

Greetings!
We can see that you're very sophisticated & erudite.
Join us for scintillating conversation at the highest levels.
R.1f9318d450a10abea20d00a5c1e06dba

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have many huge ceramic planters on Revoltistan's
grounds. Sometimes they develop cracks. I fix'm
using an old Chinese method of drilling holes
along the cracks, lacing them together with copper
wire, & then tightening the wire. It works better
than adhesives for things enduring all kinds of
weather, & I like the look.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Thoughts welcome!
Welcome to RF :)
Please forgive me for asking, but is your user name meaningful to you or was it more of a - the cat ran across the keyboard and accidentally bumped the submit button - type thing?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thoughts welcome!
I would probably use something a little less expensive, and welcome to the forum such as it is.