• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Killing time' in Washington DC

Jeremy Mason

It is illegal to posses a gun in Washington DC which proves that gun legislation does not work.

The lady is right, without work and a stable income, people will resort to crime in order to get by. Desperation is a killer.

Nessa

Color Me Happy
It is illegal to posses a gun in Washington DC which proves that gun legislation does not work.

The lady is right, without work and a stable income, people will resort to crime in order to get by. Desperation is a killer.

I do not think it proves gun control laws have no effect on murder. It's difficult to prove or disprove the value of gun control. Look at it this way, governments and society have been trying for thousands and thousands of years to prevent crime and murder. We know we haven't prevented crime but have we been able to deter some crime ? In the 19th century it appears gun control laws in America had some effect on crime.

The Supreme Court over-ruled DC's gun control law a month or so ago. Though I'm not sure what effect it's had on gun ownership yet.

FOXNews.com - Supreme Court Strikes Down D.C. Gun Ban, Upholds Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
No laws work perfectly as we are humans and all desires generate in the Mind and which is *UNCONTROLABLE*. That is the reason religions even after showing us a Way, we still miss it.
Love & rgds

Jeremy Mason

I do not think it proves gun control laws have no effect on murder. It's difficult to prove or disprove the value of gun control. Look at it this way, governments and society have been trying for thousands and thousands of years to prevent crime and murder. We know we haven't prevented crime but have we been able to deter some crime ? In the 19th century it appears gun control laws in America had some effect on crime.

The Supreme Court over-ruled DC's gun control law a month or so ago. Though I'm not sure what effect it's had on gun ownership yet.

FOXNews.com - Supreme Court Strikes Down D.C. Gun Ban, Upholds Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Criminals will alway have guns. What benifit is there by disarming the innocent.

tomspug

Absorbant
The only people that gun control applies to are non-criminal civilians: THE ONES WHO DON'T KILL PEOPLE! Please explain to me how gun control takes guns away from criminals AT ALL.

kai

ragamuffin
The only people that gun control applies to are non-criminal civilians: THE ONES WHO DON'T KILL PEOPLE! Please explain to me how gun control takes guns away from criminals AT ALL.

its a long process you have had a few hundred years of the tradition of carrying around lethal weapons, the goal is NO guns=NO gun crime, not guns for some or guns are us, but NO guns, end of finito, banned.Not made for consumers not sold in the store, or given to you by the bank ,all gone , it would take years but hey think of the next generation or the one after that, it would be like hey theres a gun on TV.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
its a long process you have had a few hundred years of the tradition of carrying around lethal weapons, the goal is NO guns=NO gun crime, not guns for some or guns are us, but NO guns, end of finito, banned.Not made for consumers not sold in the store, or given to you by the bank ,all gone , it would take years but hey think of the next generation or the one after that, it would be like hey theres a gun on TV.
And the people who enjoy recreational shooting or hunting?

kai

ragamuffin
And the people who enjoy recreational shooting or hunting?

i don't see a problem with hunting rifles being licensed, i am really talking about the weapons specifically designed to kill people, like hand guns and assault rifles.