• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Who is defining "behavior," and in which way? I define it according to Biblical standards.
And why would anyone who doesn't share them care about your peculiar standards? According to any objective standard, which measures things like not breaking the law, completing education, supporting yourself, not getting pregnant when you're not married, and so forth, children of lesbians do well.

And how do you decide what biblical standards are? For example, do you include turning the other cheek, loving your neighbor as yourself, and so forth?
Some behaviors may be ok according to one standard and not ok in another standard. Wasn't this a European study?
No.
If so they generally are not big Biblical standard supporters.
Yes, well, neither are most of us. Why would we be? Why should we adopt your bizarre standard? Because for me, buying slaves and having many wives is not good decision making. But Biblically, it's fine.

Wayne121

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Jesus said to make correct Judgments (John 7:24). John the Baptist called out King Herod for his adultery; Paul and Stephen called out the corrupt Sanhedrin, etc.

The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to say and do nothing.

Wayne, I saw you quote Leviticus a few posts back, are you as hard on disrespectful children as you are on lesbians?

Gay sex is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments. There's nothing on stoning children under the New Covenant.

Why do you ignore both the OT and NT scriptures that speak against gay sex sin?

Let me ask you a few questions if I may, in YOUR church, are there church members who are divorced and remarried?

Do you have overweight members in your church?

Would you love your neighbor if they where a lesbian couple?

Are you trying to justify gay sex sin, Reverend, by pointing to other possible sins?

They sin so it must be ok with us!!

Come on...

What church would teach gay sex is ok, except a pro-gay church that ignores scripture?

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Outdated my foot. You'd like for it to be outdated.
So you're pro-slavery then? What's your position on polygamy?

And who says we don't know murder is wrong? We do
Hmm, really? How would you classify killing little babies, murder, or no? What if God commands it, as He so often does. Does that change your answer?
. The pro-abortionists don't, though.
Red herring much? Was there something in the thread about abortion?

But what is really regressive and outdated is the Sodom and Gomorrah mentality that gay sex is ok. It isn't.
First of all, you don't seem to be aware of what that story is actually about. Second, why would we be interested in your ancient myths? Third, gay sex is more than O.K., for gay people, it's fantastic.
They need to repent. :D
Who died and put you in charge of our lives?

Wayne121

THis was posted recently, but apparently you need to see it:
Dear Dr. Laura,
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.
When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?
I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
Lev. 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
So, yeah, pathetically outdated.​

Yeah, show me where Jesus taught that under the New Covenant and in the New Testament?

The fact is that gay sex sin is condemned in BOTH the Old and New Testaments.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Jesus said to make correct Judgments (John 7:24). John the Baptist called out King Herod for his adultery; Paul and Stephen called out the corrupt Sanhedrin, etc.

The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to say and do nothing.
Yes, that's why it's important that we speak out against the sort of evil you're spouting.

Gay sex is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments.
Nope. Lesbian sex is never prohibited anywhere in your Bible. But why on earth should any one who doesn't believe in it care anyway?
There's nothing on stoning children under the New Covenant.
I see. So your approach is just to pick and choose which parts of each book to follow then? Not a big Jesus fan, are you?

1. Because I'm not Christian, and being Biblical has NOTHING to do with being a good kid. 2. There is no prohibition against lesbianism (which is what the study was about) anywhere in your bible. Period. None. Zip. Zilch. Unlike, say divorce, which is explicitly prohibited by Jesus Himself.

What church would teach gay sex is ok, except a pro-gay church that ignores scripture?
A huge number of mainstream Protestant churches. Would you like a list?

Wayne121

So you're pro-slavery then? What's your position on polygamy?

Hmm, really? How would you classify killing little babies, murder, or no? What if God commands it, as He so often does. Does that change your answer? Red herring much? Was there something in the thread about abortion?

First of all, you don't seem to be aware of what that story is actually about. Second, why would we be interested in your ancient myths? Third, gay sex is more than O.K., for gay people, it's fantastic. Who died and put you in charge of our lives?

Who died and put you and the gay sex sin crowd in charge?

I will answer one of your questions to knock down that strawman, though. The one on slavery. What part of love your neighbor as you love yourself do you think supports enslaving your fellow man? Have you read the New Testament and thought those things through?

As for abortion, it's murder IMO. Read Psalm 139:13 and Jeremiah 1:5 and tell me what divine insight the pro-abortion crowd thinks they have to where they can kill in a mother's womb that which God is instrumental in some way in creating?

Jesus is Lord!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
queer.png

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yeah, show me where Jesus taught that under the New Covenant and in the New Testament?
Show me where Jesus said a single word about lesbianism.

The fact is that gay sex sin is condemned in BOTH the Old and New Testaments.
[/indent]
No, it isn't.

Why do you keep talking about the Bible? The thread is about psychological well-being and social functioning, which have little or nothing to do with the Bible.

I'm guessing either you don't care about that, or you acknowledge that lesbian parents do a great job of that, so have to derail the thread into a discussion of your idiosyncratic interest in purity taboos?

Wayne121

Show me where Jesus taught anything about homosexuality at all?

Okay.

Jesus on Homosexuality

Jesus is God (many scriptures). As God, Jesus is the one who gave Moses the Levitical law against gay sex to begin with; and he's the one who inspires all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), including prohibitions against gay sex in Romans 1:26-27 and I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc. There you go!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Who died and put you and the gay sex sin crowd in charge?
In charge of what, my kids? They were born with me in charge of them.

I will answer one of your questions to knock down that strawman, though. The one on slavery. What part of love your neighbor as you love yourself do you think supports enslaving your fellow man? Have you read the New Testament and thought those things through?
So basically you just pick the parts you like and read them to endorse your personal prejudices? Because you know YHWH explicitly authorizes slavery.

What part of love your neighbor as you love yourself do you think condemns lesbian parents and their children?
As for abortion, it's murder IMO. Read Psalm 139:13 and Jeremiah 1:5 and tell me what divine insight the pro-abortion crowd thinks they have to where they can kill in a mother's womb that which God is instrumental in some way in creating?
Start a thread.

Jesus is Lord!
You're new here so I'll do you a favor. You're breaking forum rules. Stop or I'll report. If you have something to say about the well-being of lesbian's children, feel free. If you want to preach, find a different forum; it's not allowed here.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Okay.

Jesus on Homosexuality

Jesus is God (many scriptures). As God, Jesus is the one who gave Moses the Levitical law against gay sex to begin with; and he's the one who inspires all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), including prohibitions against gay sex in Romans 1:26-27 and I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc. There you go!
Not near good enough. He never said one word about it. You know it, I know it. Yet you bear false witness. Hey, isn't that one of the big Ten?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Jesus said to make correct Judgments (John 7:24).
Yes he did, yet he said nothing about homosexuality.
Yet I am willing to bet members of your church are divorced and remarried. Why the selective judgement?
Gay sex is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments. There's nothing on stoning children under the New Covenant.
Yet you quote the old testament selectively while we are under the New Covenant?
Good question, I don't ignore them, but then again, I don't cherry pick scripture to judge others.

Again, why do you look the other way on people who remarry, but judge homosexuals?

Who's job is it to judge? Jesus hung out with lepers and prostitutes, I don't remember him being judgemental.

So again I ask, would you love your neighbor if they where lesbians?
Are you trying to justify gay sex sin, Reverend, by pointing to other possible sins?
No, I am not. Are you selectively judging folks, letting some slide while speaking out against others?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
God didn't make you queer. And even if you were born that way gay sex remains a sin, so unless people can't control their zippers then they need to pay better attention to God's admonitions against gay sex sin.
So, God didn't Create me? What kind of Christian are you?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Okay.

Jesus on Homosexuality

Isn't that the same God who authorizes slavery, polygamy, child sexual slavery, and so forth?

So for you the Bible means whatever you want it to mean?

You seem really confused. The OT is out the window. No, it's in. Wait, it's out. Hold on, it's in. It seems like you follow all the parts that don't apply to you, and disregard all the parts that do.

And you haven't taken any time to grapple with the translation issues that indicate none of it is about homosexuality at all--none of it.

But again, nothing to say about what a great job lesbian parents are doing? Isn't it a good thing more lesbians are choosing to raise children, so society can have more well-functioning adults? I agree.

Wayne121

Originally Posted by Wayne121
Okay.

Jesus on Homosexuality

Not near good enough. He never said one word about it.

I just showed you that you were mistaken on that. See above.

You know it, I know it. Yet you bear false witness. Hey, isn't that one of the big Ten?

No, you bear false witness. The scriptures testify against you on that too.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
God didn't make you queer.
Of course not, silly. There is no God.
And even if you were born that way gay sex remains a sin, so unless people can't control their zippers then they need to pay better attention to God's admonitions against gay sex sin.
Read this carefully, and think it over.

OF THE 613 PROHIBITIONS IN THE OT, THERE ARE A TOTAL OF ZERO AGAINST LESBIAN SEX. LESBIAN SEX IS NOT PROHIBITED ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE.

I think lesbians should be a role model for parents in general, since they're doing such a good job raising children. And they should be recruited and encouraged to adopt children that careless heterosexuals bring into the world and fail to take care of, don't you agree?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm also quite concerned about where the kid's are going to spend eternity? Unless their gay parents teach them right from wrong and that Jesus Christ needs to be their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins, the kids are as good as lost and their gay parents do not have the kid's best interests and eternal well being in mind.
I suppose that if these Gay parents are Christians then they just might teach their children that they need Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour for remission of their sins. And if they are not Christian they will not teach their children this.

I also suppose that you would have to be just as concerned for children of heterosexual parents who don’t teach their children this particular religious dogma. Do you object to Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, or Jews etc having children? None of these groups are likely to teach that their children that they need Christ. Are you as concerned for these children or does your “concern” only apply to Gay parents?