• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kidney donation motives

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
@Debater Slayer. And @Revoltingest

What i find interesting is while it wouldnt hurt to wait a while some of the folk I have talked to have said that i shouldnt make any irreversible decisions unless it for family. As in if i decided to have children and get married now they'd be fine with that but not me donating a body part. The reason i bring this up is cuz in the US the mortality rate for dying in childbirth is much much much higher then kidney donation and has much more complications and permanant changes. I find that inconsistency a little strange.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Debater Slayer. And @Revoltingest

What i find interesting is while it wouldnt hurt to wait a while some of the folk I have talked to have said that i shouldnt make any irreversible decisions unless it for family. As in if i decided to have children and get married now they'd be fine with that but not me donating a body part. The reason i bring this up is cuz in the US the mortality rate for dying in childbirth is much much much higher then kidney donation and has much more complications and permanant changes. I find that inconsistency a little strange.
It's all very dependent upon various values & goals in life.
So advice will vary greatly.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Too light weight im only 100 pounds. Would totally if i could.
If that changes Id recommend blood over plasma. You can give plasma more often, but they'll keep taking you every week twice a week, even as the scar tissue builds up and the vein becomes harder to hit.
Amd it's not actually a donation because you are paid (legally you're paid for your time).

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
If that changes Id recommend blood over plasma. You can give plasma more often, but they'll keep taking you every week twice a week, even as the scar tissue builds up and the vein becomes harder to hit.
Amd it's not actually a donation because you are paid (legally you're paid for your time).
Never heard of anyone getting paid who is donating any blood or contents of blood. I wonder if this includes platelets? I give platelets often, or used to until I had to give it two years past a stage 0 melanoma diagnosis.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Never heard of anyone getting paid who is donating any blood or contents of blood. I wonder if this includes platelets? I give platelets often, or used to until I had to give it two years past a stage 0 melanoma diagnosis.
This is just plasma to my best knowledge.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I think I made up my mind to donate a kidney. I don't know if I'll stay decided in a year or so but my mind is made up. Strangely when i made it my mind went very very calm more calm then I've been in a while. I won't do anything yet im still going to think on it for a year.