• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky governor race flips to the Democrat.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I like Asians, Asian food and culture, I'd enjoy Singapore better than any crap-hole African place.

My cousin lived in Singapore for many years. Listening to him talk, my impression is that the government there is pretty corrupt.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
My cousin lived in Singapore for many years. Listening to him talk, my impression is that the government there is pretty corrupt.

In Singapore, only the police, military, or criminals are well-armed, their civilians aren't legally allowed there to be well-armed. Uruguay allows many of its civilians to be well-armed. Hence, if the U.S. federal government were ever planning on confiscating more than a third of my wealth, then I'd move to Uruguay where there'd be lower taxes as well as a well-armed citizenry,.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In Singapore, only the police, military, or criminals are well-armed, their civilians aren't legally allowed there to be well-armed. Uruguay allows many of its civilians to be well-armed. Hence, if the U.S. federal government were ever planning on confiscating more than a third of my wealth, then I'd move to Uruguay where there'd be lower taxes as well as a well-armed citizenry,.

I don't know all that much about Uruguay, although I remember reading recently that they legalized marijuana. So, I guess that's a plus.

There are still some advantages to living in the U.S. I had an uncle who retired to Mexico, but he made the mistake of putting a large chunk of his money in a Mexican bank. It was about the time the peso went through a severe devaluation, and the bank converted all his dollars to pesos. He lost a ton of money.

I knew another couple that did some research on Belize and were talking about moving there. I don't know if they ever did, but apparently some Americans move down there. I'm not sure what their taxes are, though. I guess there are also some Caribbean islands which tout themselves as tax havens, so it appears there are a number of options for those trying to escape high taxes.