• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemetic Concept of Ma'at compared to the Tao

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
kemet.org the House of Netjer's website makes the statement that the closest concept we know to the way of Ma'at outside Kemeticism is the Tao. The Tao basically is the idea that there is a natural way that exists in all living things, and that deviating from this way causes suffering. I find this to be an accurate comparison. Ma'at is a way and it has precepts. Ma'at is the way that everything is said to have lived by in Zep-Tepi, the first time, when life was emerging. Is this not similar to the Tao where it is said when everything first emerged it followed the Tao, and that people deviate from it? Ma'at is also like the concept of karma, because she doesn't say, follow my way, she says, deviate from my way and there will be consequences. Hence there is no way to follow, Ma'at is the way of things, and it's inside of us.