• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justify creationism over evolutionism

bluZero

Ppl can argue until they are blue in the face, but that will never convince anyone that God exist. Christ says, no man comes to me unless the father draws him, so tell you kids you'll pray for them that the God of heaven will chose them to go to heaven. At best all you can do is pray for them. If you are saved, then they your entire family is sanctified. Once they leave the roost, they loose that sanctification and then they will notice a difference in their life, and may be ready for conversation. But the bible does say, "bring them up in the way they should go."

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Ppl can argue until they are blue in the face, but that will never convince anyone that God exist. Christ says, no man comes to me unless the father draws him, so tell you kids you'll pray for them that the God of heaven will chose them to go to heaven. At best all you can do is pray for them. If you are saved, then they your entire family is sanctified. Once they leave the roost, they loose that sanctification and then they will notice a difference in their life, and may be ready for conversation. But the bible does say, "bring them up in the way they should go."
Why does God have to be on one side or the other.

Lets say I need a new house.
I have two ways of building the house on my own...
I can buy a modular kit and have the house set up in a couple of days, or...
I can build it from the ground up, allowing the house to take form gradually. Using the tools naturally made for building.
What do you think would be more impressive?
The instant house actually shows my limitations.
The other shows my skill.

bluZero

Why does God have to be on one side or the other.

Lets say I need a new house.
I have two ways of building the house on my own...
I can buy a modular kit and have the house set up in a couple of days, or...
I can build it from the ground up, allowing the house to take form gradually. Using the tools naturally made for building.
What do you think would be more impressive?
The instant house actually shows my limitations.
The other shows my skill.

(Pss 5:4) For thou [art] not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.:angel2:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
(Pss 5:4) For thou [art] not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.:angel2:
And this has to do with my post ...how?

Hmm... OK, I can play that game

Deuteronomy 22:8 When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.

bluZero

And this has to do with my post ...how?

Hmm... OK, I can play that game

Deuteronomy 22:8 When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.

(Deut 11:27) A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day:
(Deut 11:28) And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Last edited:

themadhair

Getting back to the OP: Justify creationism over evolutionism

Here is a genuine reason one woman gave me in favour of creationism – it I easier to teach to her children.

Take that science and empiricism!!!!

bluZero

Hi,

I'm an open minded chap & I believe everyone has the right to have their say.

What I would like to ask is why you think I should expose my child to religion. I'm quite happy for my child to learn about ALL kinds of religions & their ways, but I'm really not happy about some schools teaching my child that "God" is a real person, when it's quite obvious that "God" does not exist!
It's a bit contradictory for a parent to send their children to religious schools to learn about the FACTS of science only to be told that "God" created the world in 7 days!
I can explain to child the reason why the earth is round or explain how an aeroplane flies or how a plant uses photosynthesis to grow. I can even show them diagram’s to help them learn. But what do I say when my children ask "How did God create the world in 7 days Dad?

I think it's about time that religion was taken out of schools! We don't need it anymore! It is a fascinating piece of history, but it is out of date & ridiculous!

You best bet is to hand them a bible or send them to the library to read one, and tell them to read the genesis account of creation, and then to decide if they believe it or not. Or take them out of the school that teaches them such things as a God exist. Or home school them. And why not allow them to have the will to chose what they wish to believe, evolution or creationism? Keep an open mind, it is there life or at least when they reach a certain age it will be theirs.:beach:

themadhair

And why not allow them to have the will to chose what they wish to believe, evolution or creationism?
Let them decide between physics and magic.
Let them decide between the stork and pregnancy.
Let them decide who won the US civil war.

I know the concept that teaching science in science class confuses a significant portion of the US population, but try and follow me:
It is suitable for science class if it has overwhelming physical and experimental evidence supporting it, if it has educational value for teaching students about potential avenues for future research and if it has been through the peer-review process to win the scientific consensus.

Any questions?

bluZero

Let them decide between physics and magic.
Let them decide between the stork and pregnancy.
Let them decide who won the US civil war.

I know the concept that teaching science in science class confuses a significant portion of the US population, but try and follow me:
It is suitable for science class if it has overwhelming physical and experimental evidence supporting it, if it has educational value for teaching students about potential avenues for future research and if it has been through the peer-review process to win the scientific consensus.

Any questions?

well why use those two decides as an example? One is common sense, and the other is already decided. they are his children and he wants to know how to answer them. So I say let them make there own choices or train them up in the way he choses, Then again, I think his question was hyp to begin with, wasn't it? He believes in the sciences, I think, and he claims there is not God, [by the way, April 1 is his holiday]. So why bother to argue with a hype, tell him to give us real question.

themadhair

well why use those two decides as an example? One is common sense, and the other is already decided.
I don’t know whether you know this but the whole creationism vs evolution has also been decided in the scientific arena. Those two examples are perfectly suitable as analogies in that regard, and this point should be hammered home.

Science class should teach science. The fact that the thread title wasn’t reflective of the OP should be obvious.

bluZero

I don’t know whether you know this but the whole creationism vs evolution has also been decided in the scientific arena. Those two examples are perfectly suitable as analogies in that regard, and this point should be hammered home.

Science class should teach science. The fact that the thread title wasn’t reflective of the OP should be obvious.

Hammers are for nails, not screws.:D

bluZero

I WAS TOLD THAT GOD CREATED THE MaN THAT CREATED EVOLUTION. Evolutionist, is that the truth?:slap::thud:

Remember, Christianity is not religion, think about the major world religions (and others too) and then come back with something solid. Not a a generalised quote "but that will never convince anyone that God exist."

Remember, Christianity does not equal religion.