• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Now what? Will Trump succeed in turning the supreme court to the right majority?

That's Ginsburg of course. Auto correct, my apologies to the great wise woman. We will miss her.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
We will get to watch the hypocrisy on the right when they ignore their own precedent of Garland and push through their nominee.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The only hope is they only have 8 weeks or so to try to bulldoze their choice through. They won't make it before the election. HOPEFULLY.

The Republicans will still control the Senate until January. Trump doesn't leave office until then. So they have plenty of time to ignore the election on this one.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Democrats will strongly oppose confirmation.
They've many tools at their disposal.

And they should. But the Reps have a majority in the Senate and, if they can maintain cohesion, they will be able to push this through. The Dems can't do anything from the House.

pearl

I guarantee that no one will be confirmed during Trump's final months.

I'm quite sure they will try. It is still a Republican senate, maybe they will cancel recess. Even if Trump looses the election he remains president until Jan 20. It only takes a simple majority and this would be the frosting on the cake to nail down a conservative court, the whole purpose of the republican agenda.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And they should. But the Reps have a majority in the Senate and, if they can maintain cohesion, they will be able to push this through. The Dems can't do anything from the House.

Couldn't the Democrats in the Senate hold a filibuster? That might hold things up a while.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm quite sure they will try. It is still a Republican senate, maybe they will cancel recess. Even if Trump looses the election he remains president until Jan 20. It only takes a simple majority and this would be the frosting on the cake to nail down a conservative court, the whole purpose of the republican agenda.
You know what she'd say about trying.
maxresdefault.jpg

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Now what? Will Trump succeed in turning the supreme court to the right majority?

That's Ginsburg of course. Auto correct, my apologies to the great wise woman. We will miss her.

May God give grace to her family!! She lived a long productive life and has left her mark.

Now the Supreme court will turn center.

Shaul

Premium Member
Unbelievable. The poor woman has only just passed. There will be time later to discuss any political implications. Let’s just set those things aside and reflect the life of this woman for a day at least. Please.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Unbelievable. The poor woman has only just passed. There will be time later to discuss any political implications. Let’s just set those things aside and reflect the life of this woman for a day at least. Please.
Have you forgotten that you're posting on RF?
You're lucky we're not posting nude pix of her
with Jerry Falwell Jr's pool boy.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It's already turned hard right. It will go further right.
I don't think so. Like warm water that feels hot if your hands are ice cold, it only seems hard right because it had turned so hard left but it is really center.