• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Junk mail

King Phenomenon

So tired of junk mail. Any ideas how to stop it without changing my email or unsubscribing to a million emails? No my mail doesn’t have a special feature to filter out junk.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I have an email I use for personal/professional contacts with a separate email just for signing up for websites. I rarely get junk in the first email since it doesn't circulate outside of personal communications.

If you want to keep your current email, you'll likely have to go through a brief time of unscribing and marking spam to get it cleaned up; and consider creating a junk account for non-personal mail.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So tired of junk mail. Any ideas how to stop it without changing my email or unsubscribing to a million emails? No my mail doesn’t have a special feature to filter out junk.

Whatever you do, don't unsubscribe, it tells the spammer that your email address is live. Knowing that they will get a good price for selling an active email address to lots of other spammers

Spammer are tricky, they change their servers often, sometimes using banks of different IP addresses, change the format and wording of the email so that spam filters don't catch them.

If you don't have access to something like "Spam Assasin" or your email client doesn't have spam filters then the only thing i can recommend is change your client for one that does have a spam filter.

Most modern email clients are equipped with anti spam. The only problem is, it's up to the user to train the filter what is spam and what isn't.

Good luck

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If you don't want to change your email, you might find an add-on that can filter for you - I haven't searched for such but they might be available. I don't get any spam because I use random characters in my email, but this does present problems, in that so many who I want to contact treating my email as spam - but my method works and I can suffer this. But I don't use social media at all and hence don't log into the popular ones for any access.

Last edited: