• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Julian Assange Arrested in London

FragrantGrace

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score
If he goes anywhere it should be to Sweden to face the rape charges. The US indictment looks like a blatant attempt to silence him for what amounts to journalistic practice.
Journalistic practices? Do you even know the case against Assange and Bradley Manning?
On Mannings part it is a matter of espionage and a violation of the records act. He is currently back in prison where he should have always been. But thanks to Obama he was released. Now he's back in prison for refusing to testify against Assange.
People died because of the violation Manning committed in breaking the law and sharing classified documents with a foreign entity, Assange. It was treason actually. Just as it was in the case of Edward Snowden. Who claimed he fought for liberty and then fled to of all places Russia to avoid facing his responsibility for treason.

Be careful who you call hero.

FragrantGrace

As I said in a previous post, this is bigger than Trump.

We used to have freedom of the press.
We still have freedom of the press. That's not to be overshadowed by false news and lying media outlets. Like CNN that publicly admitted it makes up its news and that it is Liberal bias.

Notanumber

A Free Man
We still have freedom of the press. That's not to be overshadowed by false news and lying media outlets. Like CNN that publicly admitted it makes up its news and that it is Liberal bias.

Julian Assange and WikiLeaks have a 100% record of accuracy. How many other news organisations could claim that?

Yerda

Veteran Member
Journalistic practices? Do you even know the case against Assange and Bradley Manning?
On Mannings part it is a matter of espionage and a violation of the records act. He is currently back in prison where he should have always been. But thanks to Obama he was released. Now he's back in prison for refusing to testify against Assange.
People died because of the violation Manning committed in breaking the law and sharing classified documents with a foreign entity, Assange. It was treason actually. Just as it was in the case of Edward Snowden. Who claimed he fought for liberty and then fled to of all places Russia to avoid facing his responsibility for treason.

Be careful who you call hero.
Who died as a result of the leaks?

FragrantGrace

Who died as a result of the leaks?
It was news when it happened. How does someone give accolades to traitors and not also know what their treason and espionage cost?
I don't want some computer geek in government who's confused about his genitalia deciding what is worthy of remaining highly classified. And what he believes is not.
I don't want anyone with their personal agenda doing that. Highly classified materials are labeled such for a reason. The violation and dispersal into the public and to our enemies via the net is treason. Traitors should be prosecuted and imprisoned for life. Not hailed as heroes who's actions cost people their lives.

Google: how many died due to assange leaks
You'll have plenty to read.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Who do you expect to tell the public that?
Putin?

Tom
Not sure I follow.

It was news when it happened. How does someone give accolades to traitors and not also know what their treason and espionage cost?
I don't want some computer geek in government who's confused about his genitalia deciding what is worthy of remaining highly classified. And what he believes is not.
I don't want anyone with their personal agenda doing that. Highly classified materials are labeled such for a reason. The violation and dispersal into the public and to our enemies via the net is treason. Traitors should be prosecuted and imprisoned for life. Not hailed as heroes who's actions cost people their lives.

Google: how many died due to assange leaks
You'll have plenty to read.
I would rather people were able to expose the worst crimes like murder.

So far I've found some sources contradicting the claim that Chelsea Manning's leak killed people.

Here: McCain: Manning, WikiLeaks led to Taliban murders

And here: US Military Admits No One Died Because Of Manning's Leaks

FragrantGrace

Not sure I follow.

I would rather people were able to expose the worst crimes like murder.

So far I've found some sources contradicting the claim that Chelsea Manning's leak killed people.

Here: McCain: Manning, WikiLeaks led to Taliban murders

And here: US Military Admits No One Died Because Of Manning's Leaks
Did you read the second links full article? It did not report that no one died. Meaning, anyone at all.

" The military’s position took another hit Wednesday, as the former brigadier general who headed the Information Review Task Force investigating the leaks said that he had never heard that a source named in the Afghan war logs was killed."
Also, as this General would know, the military does not typically make public deaths that result from espionage, such as Bradley Manning having released those 700,000 classified documents.

Also, it was kind of odd to read in that linked article the observation made to the General. We don't share an alphabet with these people do we?
The actors involved in terrorism in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere know English. Thinking they couldn't read the materials Bradley Manning leaked to Asange is naive on that questioners part.
The Arab pilots in the 9-11 plot read perfect English. We don't share an alphabet?
Well that can be slightly true unless we go back to origin or mother tongue history. It is misleading to think because our middle east enemies don't share our alphabet means these 700,000 leaked documents are not really putting America or her allies at risk.
Those documents were classified for a reason. Bradley Manning had no right to circumvent that security protocol.

Have people died because of Chelsea Manning's disclosures to WikiLeaks?

Last edited: