• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judge halts implementation of Trump's immigration order

buddhist

So, in other words, you cannot argue that Trump's EO is Constitutional, by way of according with the holdings of the Court.
There is nothing in the Constitution itself that forbids the EO, and his EO is comparable to EO's issued by former presidents. It is also permissible by US Code, as I've demonstrated.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It violates the Due Process and Equal Protection rights of immigrants such as Darweesh and Alshawi

How are their rights being violated, and how are they not getting due process? Be specific, because I really do not understand how the Constitution is being violated. And unless and until you can give a specific reason and precedent why they are being denied due process and equal protection, I have disagree with you.

habiru

They did that. That's why the US is their home.
If they are already has been declared as a citizen, then what is the problem. Unless you are referring to that rush job that Obama had did before he left office. To the immigrants that had done him favors in the past. Did you know before Obama had left office, that he was trying to give the Pakistanis $221 millions? So whom he had thrown into this country at the last moment should not be accepted. I heard a story about an Pakistani women that worked at a U.S. military post somewhere across sea. That she was trying to become a citizen but was denied behind someone in her country has made false claims about her but was cleared from those charges. but her security clearance report was stamped Derogatory Information, because of a false claim. But the officers of that camp could not believe it. But she had two sons that were already over here.But they never had the chance to be raised by their mother. But Obama has thrown in a group of Muslims that had been vetted overnight. But her process has taken years. And so that doesn't sound right. Why he ignored her, but rush others into this country.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If they are already has been declared as a citizen, then what is the problem. Unless you are referring to that rush job that Obama had did before he left office. To the immigrants that had done him favors in the past. Did you know before Obama had left office, that he was trying to give the Pakistanis $221 millions? So whom he had thrown into this country at the last moment should not be accepted. I heard a story about an Pakistani women that worked at a U.S. military post somewhere across sea. That she was trying to become a citizen but was denied behind someone in her country has made false claims about her but was cleared from those charges. but her security clearance report was stamped Derogatory Information, because of a false claim. But the officers of that camp could not believe it. But she had two sons that were already over here.But they never had the chance to be raised by their mother. But Obama has thrown in a group of Muslims that had been vetted overnight. But her process has taken years. And so that doesn't sound right. Why he ignored her, but rush others into this country.
Um okay. You apparently want to talk about Obama and I want to talk about the thread topic.

Clearly you're not up to date on what's currently going on throughout the country.

habiru

So, in other words, you cannot argue that Trump's EO is Constitutional, by way of according with the holdings of the Court.
Oh yeah, that supposed to make more sense... Establishment reporters are trying to clear other president EO, but it is making it sound even more worst than it before. I guess we judges a person by their skin color instead of the contents of their character.

The obvious difference between Trump’s plan and Carter’s historical actions is that the Carter administration targeted nationality, not a professed religion or ideology. But the Carter administration also took those factors into account when determining whether or not Iranians were allowed to enter or stay in the United States. Jimmy Carter Blocked Iran’s Immigrants — Is Donald Trump’s Muslim Immigration Ban The Same?

buddhist

The obvious difference between Trump’s plan and Carter’s historical actions is that the Carter administration targeted nationality, not a professed religion or ideology.
Are you saying Trump's EO targets a religion? Then why didn't he include Saudi Arabia or many other Muslim-predominant countries in his EO?

habiru

Um okay. You apparently want to talk about Obama and I want to talk about the thread topic.

Clearly you're not up to date on what's currently going on throughout the country.
Well in the courts, that they uses past cases to help make their decisions. Roe vs Wade was another court case, and so what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Nous

Premium Member
How are their rights being violated, and how are they not getting due process?
See above. I don't know how to explain the facts and the unconstitutionality of Trump's EO any more clearly--I feel certain that most middle school students could understand what I wrote above.

The Due Process and Equal Protection rights of Darweesh, Alshawi and other such lawful immigrants are no different than yours. If you were authorized to enter the country and had valid documents to do so, yet were detained somewhere by CPB and disallowed to meet with your attorney, you would understand that your Constitutional rights were being violated, would you not?

I really do not understand how the Constitution is being violated.
You don't understand how it violates a person's Due Process rights to be detained somewhere by government agents and denied the right to meet with your attorney? Then the topic here is far over your head.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
See above. I don't know how to explain the facts and the unconstitutionality of Trump's EO any more clearly--I feel certain that most middle school students could understand what I wrote above.

The Due Process and Equal Protection rights of Darweesh, Alshawi and other such lawful immigrants are no different than yours. If you were authorized to enter the country and had valid documents to do so, yet were detained somewhere by CPB and disallowed to meet with your attorney, you would understand that your Constitutional rights were being violated, would you not?

You don't understand how it violates a person's Due Process rights to be detained somewhere by government agents and denied the right to meet with your attorney? Then the topic here is far over your head.

They... are... not... citizens... of... the... United... States.

Nous

Premium Member
There is nothing in the Constitution itself that forbids the EO
It's found in the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. And what the terms in those Amendments (Due Process and Equal Protection) mean as applied to lawful immigrants such as Darweesh and Alshawi is found in the Court opinions cited above.

habiru

Are you saying Trump's EO targets a religion? Then why didn't he include Saudi Arabia or many other Muslim-predominant countries in his EO?
No, that is what the Establishment reporters are trying to declare. But I see no difference between what President Trump is doing what the other Presidents of the past had done. And if I were President Trump. That he has proof that they are discriminating him because of his Scottish bloodline. Because the other President were able to do that without any problems. But since he is Scottish, they are on top of him like white on rice. He has the proof, now he should get the suing process on the way.

Nous

Premium Member
They... are... not... citizens... of... the... United... States.
I can only assume that your inability to respond to what I've said is because the topic is just over your head. Again, I feel certain most middle school students would understand what I've posted here.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I can only assume that your inability to respond to what I've said is because the topic is just over your head. Again, I feel certain most middle school students would understand what I've posted here.

Keep getting personal.

Nous

Premium Member
Establishment reporters are trying to clear other president EO, but it is making it sound even more worst than it before. I guess we judges a person by their skin color instead of the contents of their character.
I don't have a clue as to what this is supposed to mean. If you wish to respond to something "establishment reporters" are doing, you should begin by citing your sources.

The obvious difference between Trump’s plan and Carter’s historical actions is that the Carter administration targeted nationality, not a professed religion or ideology. But the Carter administration also took those factors into account when determining whether or not Iranians were allowed to enter or stay in the United States. Jimmy Carter Blocked Iran’s Immigrants — Is Donald Trump’s Muslim Immigration Ban The Same?
There are numerous differences between Trump's EO and Carter's EO concerning Iranians, including particularly dramatic differences in the circumstances.

Nous

Premium Member
Keep getting personal.
Be sure to let us know what you become able to understand and respond to what I have patiently posted here in response to your questions. You would do well to begin by reading the Court rulings cited by Cole.

buddhist

It's found in the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. And what the terms in those Amendments (Due Process and Equal Protection) mean as applied to lawful immigrants such as Darweesh and Alshawi is found in the Court opinions cited above.
The context of the Constitution and its amendments is only "for the United States of America" and its "domestic tranquility". It applies internally, not externally.

Nous

Premium Member
The context of the Constitution and its amendments is only "for the United States of America" and its "domestic tranquility". It applies internally, not externally.
So, you don't dispute anything I've said or quoted?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Will that help you to understand what Due Process and Equal Protection entails and to whom it applies?

I was referring to keep going with the personal comments.