• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism and Evolution

Najara

regarding evolution, doesnt the zohar hakodesh state that our cells go through evolution based on the climate we are surrounded by. because the real skin color of a yid is of a forgot what tree lol. i know its in some gemorah. but there are dark skinned jews and light skinned jews, and it was because these jews lived in different climates their cells mutated/evolved.

punkdbass

I will be what I will be
I know this is slightly off topic but doesnt it say somewhere in the Talmud that the Torah doesnt, or shouldnt contradict good, genuine science? Maybe it wasn't from the Talmud.. I just remember one of the Jewish members here posting that before.

I really like that idea because it encourages us to delve deeper into Torah, finding new meaning and interpretations that can be more beneficial to today's age. It also gives me less reason to try and be apologetic between the contradictions of the peshat meaning of the Bible and modern science -- which is something Christians spend quite some time and effort on.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I know this is slightly off topic but doesnt it say somewhere in the Talmud that the Torah doesnt, or shouldnt contradict good, genuine science? Maybe it wasn't from the Talmud.. I just remember one of the Jewish members here posting that before.
Have you noticed my signature?