• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Job's God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Was the God of job a sadist? Allowing the torment and suffering of a righteous person?

RestlessSoul

Was the God of job a sadist? Allowing the torment and suffering of a righteous person?

For 2,500 years this question has been asked. Actually if you go back and re-read the story, you’ll see that Job does get an answer, of sorts, from out of the whirlwind.

The answer, however, is entirely rhetorical - Where you there when I laid the foundations of the earth? That will never change.

Because there is no answer to the question “Why does God allow good people to suffer?” That’s the whole point of the story.

Incidentally, the same question was asked and answered by the psalmist who concluded “Be still, and know that I am God.”

Did He enjoy about Satan showing Satan’s true nature?

I don’t think God enjoyed that Job was tortured. I think He allowed it, because He knew Job can survive it and it will be a great lesson about what kind of person Satan is.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

61KF9xgCYOL.jpg

epronovost

Showing it to who? Job doesn't know its Satan doing it with the consent of God neither do anybody else. To Job, it's God doing it and God doesn't even deny it or pin the responsability on Satan. His answer is basically ''F-you, I am God and you do well to rever me for I am God!''.

PS: I would also point out that Job's children die in the process. They didn't survive nor were they resurrected.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

I don’t think God enjoyed that Job was tortured. I think He allowed it, because He knew Job can survive it and it will be a great lesson about what kind of person Satan is.
what kind of living person enjoys seeing someone tortured to further prove their fidelity and then castigated them furthermore after the torture?

MonkeyFire

If God wanted to know if Job was loyal why could he not just read the truth of the matter or his omniscience? I tend to believe the test of the Bible come from the moral devil.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Then why doesn't love intervene to prevent suffering?
it does. i've come to bargain with you, reincarnation works for a simple reason. love is strange, overwhelming and fools rush in where wise men fear to tread.

Then Jesus said, "Behold, Father, she wanders the earth pursued by evil. Far from thy Breath she is going astray. She is trying to flee bitter Chaos, and does not know how she is to escape. Send me forth, O Father, therefore, and I, bearing the seal shall descend and wander all Aeons through, all mysteries reveal. I shall manifest the forms of the gods and teach them the secrets of the holy way which I call Gnosis [.....]"

so you see most people; if they stop and think about it, it isn't death that scares them, but the pain that might be involved. if you can overcome the pain, you overcome the fear.

the blue kachina is going to dance

Last edited: