• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jews-only: Do Jews believe that Christians worship the same god as them?

rosends

There is no single, monolithic Jewish opinion. Many Jews are unclear on exactly what the Christian idea of God is and what is worshiped in Christianity. I learned to separate the construct into 2 parts, the character and the idea and in muly understanding, Judaism and Christianity share a God character but not a God idea (whereas Judaism and Islam share an idea but not a character).

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Hey everyone. Do Jews believe that Christians worship the same god as them?
It depends which Jew you ask. Generally speaking, Jews accept that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship th God of Abraham. But the Christian thing is tricky, because mainstream Chrstianity teaches that Jesus is God (Trinitarianims), and this idea flies in the face of Jewish understanding that a man cannot be God. So you also have some Jews who say that Christian worship of Jesus is avodah zarah (literally "strange worship," meaning idolatry).