• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jewish

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I see, 2.3 billion people--people around the world--understand Jesus is Prince of Peace.
What you see is rather interesting. The actual quote is: "Christians made up to 2.3 billion of the worldwide population of about 7.8 billion people." You see 2.3 billion and somehow find it probative, while you apparently ignore the remaining 5,5 billion people (whom you apparently see as irrelevant). This is not evidence of Jesus. Rather, it is almost comical evidence of selection bias.

Huh? Billions of people know Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
Not "know" -- believe, while the majority of the world's population believe no such thing.

But don't fret; facts are nor determined by popular vote.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I see, 2.3 billion people--people around the world--understand Jesus is Prince of Peace.

A few Orthodox trying to redact the fact believe Hezekiah (who fought Syria in his day and whose grandchildren were judged to be put into diaspora by Babylon) is the Prince of Peace.

Hezekiah was assualted by Syria and a handful of Orthodox are attempting to explain away the prophecy.
Actually, he fought Assyria. Bit of a difference.

rosends

Hezekiah was assualted by Syria and a handful of Orthodox are attempting to explain away the prophecy.
Jesus existence and its impact on the history of the world has been one marked by violence, not peace. But a handful of people are trying to ignore all of that.

Meanwhile, if you were to read what happened after Hezekiah was assaulted by Assyria you would see that the result was peace and security.

muhammad_isa

Jesus existence and its impact on the history of the world has been one marked by violence, not peace..
..but that wouldn't be the fault of Jesus..
..that would be the fault of humans.
Human beings are often violent in their love of wealth and power.

rosends

..but that wouldn't be the fault of Jesus..
..that would be the fault of humans.
Human beings are often violent in their love of wealth and power.
It isn't a matter of fault but it is disingenuous to label him with any name related to "peace" as there was no peace. At least there was peace and security during Hezekiah's time.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Peace doesn't come easily.
Peace usually comes upon the removal of evil.

eg. Hitler was defeated
And one might suggest that neither Christianity nor Islam stood at the forefront of that struggle, although members of both faith communities (and others) distinguished themselves in the effort to defeat fascism and render aid to its victims. Meanwhile, if the "Prince of Peace" laid the foundation for anything, it was a succession of bloody rules and bloodier campaigns that distinguished themselves first and foremost by their barbarism.

muhammad_isa

..if the "Prince of Peace" laid the foundation for anything, it was a succession of bloody rules and bloodier campaigns that distinguished themselves first and foremost by their barbarism.
People say the same thing about Muhammad, peace be with him.
Truth causes division, yes.
That is because many people feel they have something to lose, so oppose it.

However, I don't think that the reference in Isaiah 9 refers to Jesus.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What you see is rather interesting. The actual quote is: "Christians made up to 2.3 billion of the worldwide population of about 7.8 billion people." You see 2.3 billion and somehow find it probative, while you apparently ignore the remaining 5,5 billion people (whom you apparently see as irrelevant). This is not evidence of Jesus. Rather, it is almost comical evidence of selection bias.

Not "know" -- believe, while the majority of the world's population believe no such thing.

But don't fret; facts are nor determined by popular vote.

Thank you. Redacted to:

GOD prophesied the Prince of Peace. "Only" a third or so of Earth know it's Jesus Christ, about 50 Orthodox/Chasids claim on forums it's Hezekiah.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
And I've met people who conjure up anecdotes without a bit of shame. It takes all kinds.

No, part of my testimony was meeting a former secret believer from a line of rabbis who said to me, "I waited until my father was in the ground to speak out/move, trust Yeshua for salvation NOW."

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
But that would mean that our friend, @BilliardsBall. who casually denigrates "A few Orthodox trying to redact the fact," might well wait until he has a better grasp of both. :)

It's not denigration--it's pointing to the fact that 2.3 Billion people plus those who know them--even millions of atheists--see JESUS has fulfilled the prophecy as surely as the prophecies were fulfilled that Messiah would be known to the nations, not just Israel!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Jesus existence and its impact on the history of the world has been one marked by violence, not peace. But a handful of people are trying to ignore all of that.

Meanwhile, if you were to read what happened after Hezekiah was assaulted by Assyria you would see that the result was peace and security.

I'm conversant with Tanakh, and how it points to Jesus as Messiah. There was peace and security after the Assyrian assault--and then prophesied diaspora for Hezekiah's grandchildren, something Hezekiah knew but YOU seem to have not read. :(

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you. Redacted to:

GOD prophesied the Prince of Peace. "Only" a third or so of Earth know it's Jesus Christ, about 50 Orthodox/Chasids claim on forums it's Hezekiah.
I didn't know the terms "Orthodox" and "Chasid" were interchangeable. And you really must refer these nearly 50 other Orthodox Jewish forum hangers to RF.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I didn't know the terms "Orthodox" and "Chasid" were interchangeable. And you really must refer these nearly 50 other Orthodox Jewish forum hangers to RF.
To be fair, he said "about 50 Orthodox/Chasids." It could have been as high as fifty-three or fifty-four. I'm sure he'll provide clarifying evidence in some highly anticipated post.

rosends

I'm conversant with Tanakh, and how it points to Jesus as Messiah. There was peace and security after the Assyrian assault--and then prophesied diaspora for Hezekiah's grandchildren, something Hezekiah knew but YOU seem to have not read. :(
So you admit that there was peace during Hezekiah's time thus fulfilling his role as a prince of peace. Thank you. Pity there wasn't peace anywere around Jesus's time, just the diaspora in which we still languish. You seem to have forgotten that.