• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Will Never Return

Ben Avraham

Seriously?! I had no idea that Jews (even a few) considered Moses to be the same as Moshiach - can you give me a reference/link? And Cyrus (a non-Jew) was also Moshiach? And who is this person in 1948 - what is his name? So all those Jews waiting for Moshiach are waiting in vain, because Moshiach has already come and gone? Your information above is interesting as well as astounding! Thanks very much!

Wait! Not so fast! You are not focused in what you are reading. As a result of it, you have distorted my views about Messiah. I did not say that Moses was Messiah but a Messianic leader for guiding the Messiah back into the Promised Land. That's quite another story. Likewise, I did not say that Cyrus was a Messiah but a Messianic leader for his role in the proclamation of freedom to the Messiah and for that, Isaiah named him an anointed one of the Lord if you read Isaiah 45:1. Furthermore, I did not say that the Messiah has already come and gone. That's what you say. And yes, all Jews still waiting for an individual Messiah are waiting in vain. So, the information above in your post is not from me but from yourself. Why don't you read the thread a little more carefully?

Ben Avraham

Psalm 49:12 is about the unrighteous, it says that the righteous would be redeemed from the grave, so you might say Jesus is in the eternal home of the living. That being said He will never literally return, His return is simply One of similar spiritual station, the same way John was "if ye would have it" the return of Elijah according to the Gospel.

Sorry but, you are mistaken about Psalms 49:12. It is a reverence to verse 11 which is about all mortals, the wise aka righteous and the foolish and ignorant, all perish, leaving all their wealth to others. So, in verse 12, all go to their grave, their eternal home and their dwelling place for all generation. There is no reference at all to righteous being redeemed from the grave. The Lord has nothing to do with the dead as He is God to the living not to the dead. Only the living can praise the Lord.

Redemptionsong

HaShem did not say that Israel is to Me LIKE a son; He said, "Israel is MY Son" if you read Exodus 4:22,23. And you can read not only in the JPS Tanach but also in the KJV. Same translation. There can't be a reference in the Tanach to an individual Messiah. If there is, is to the Messiah King. That's another kind of anointed one.
It does say, 'Israel is my son, even my firstborn:', but this can be understood of an individual rather than a people. Exodus 4:22 is referred to in the Midrash on Psalm 2:7. The reference is not to the people Israel but to an individual Messiah. 'The Lord said unto Me, thou art My Son; this day have I begotten thee.' In Daniel 7:13 it says, 'Behold, one like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven.'
In Psalm 2:6,7 it is the king in Zion who is called 'my Son'. So who, in Daniel, do you think is coming on the 'clouds of heaven'?

In Sukkah 5a it says, 'Our Rabbis taught. The Holy One, blessed be He, will say to the Messiah, the son of David (May he reveal himself speedily in our days!), 'Ask of me anything, and I will give it to thee', as it is said, I will tell of the decree etc. this day have I begotten thee, ask of me and I will give the nations for thy inheritance. But when he will see that the Messiah son of Joseph is slain, he will say to Him, 'Lord of the Universe, I ask of Thee only the gift of life'. 'As to life, He would answer him, 'Your father David has already prophesied this concerning you', as it is said, He asked life of thee, thou gavest it him [even length of days for ever and ever]. (Ps. 21:5)

Ben Avraham

It does say, 'Israel is my son, even my firstborn:', but this can be understood of an individual rather than a people. Exodus 4:22 is referred to in the Midrash on Psalm 2:7. The reference is not to the people Israel but to an individual Messiah. 'The Lord said unto Me, thou art My Son; this day have I begotten thee.' In Daniel 7:13 it says, 'Behold, one like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven.'
In Psalm 2:6,7 it is the king in Zion who is called 'my Son'. So who, in Daniel, do you think is coming on the 'clouds of heaven'?

In Sukkah 5a it says, 'Our Rabbis taught. The Holy One, blessed be He, will say to the Messiah, the son of David (May he reveal himself speedily in our days!), 'Ask of me anything, and I will give it to thee', as it is said, I will tell of the decree etc. this day have I begotten thee, ask of me and I will give the nations for thy inheritance. But when he will see that the Messiah son of Joseph is slain, he will say to Him, 'Lord of the Universe, I ask of Thee only the gift of life'. 'As to life, He would answer him, 'Your father David has already prophesied this concerning you', as it is said, He asked life of thee, thou gavest it him [even length of days for ever and ever]. (Ps. 21:5)

Yes, the People can be understood as a individual if you cannot get free from Christian preconceived notions. What you are trying to do is to distort the meaning of the Word of God to fit your Christian preconceived notions. The case of Daniel was in a night vision. Like a mortal which is the meaning for son of man is a reference to the return of the Jews from Babylon at the end of the 70 years in exile.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Sorry but, you are mistaken about Psalms 49:12. It is a reverence to verse 11 which is about all mortals, the wise aka righteous and the foolish and ignorant, all perish, leaving all their wealth to others. So, in verse 12, all go to their grave, their eternal home and their dwelling place for all generation. There is no reference at all to righteous being redeemed from the grave. The Lord has nothing to do with the dead as He is God to the living not to the dead. Only the living can praise the Lord.

It says in 49:15 "But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol; For He will recieve me." Thus confirming a different fate for the Prophets.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Wait! Not so fast! You are not focused in what you are reading. As a result of it, you have distorted my views about Messiah. I did not say that Moses was Messiah but a Messianic leader for guiding the Messiah back into the Promised Land. That's quite another story. Likewise, I did not say that Cyrus was a Messiah but a Messianic leader for his role in the proclamation of freedom to the Messiah and for that, Isaiah named him an anointed one of the Lord if you read Isaiah 45:1. Furthermore, I did not say that the Messiah has already come and gone. That's what you say. And yes, all Jews still waiting for an individual Messiah are waiting in vain. So, the information above in your post is not from me but from yourself. Why don't you read the thread a little more carefully?
Your first line in the previous post was "Moshiach has already come three times." . Now you are saying above = "the Messiah has not come and gone". But also that "Jews still waiting for an individual Messiah are waiting in vain". Wonderful! Makes perfect sense!

Ben Avraham

Your first line in the previous post was "Moshiach has already come three times." . Now you are saying above = "the Messiah has not come and gone". But also that "Jews still waiting for an individual Messiah are waiting in vain". Wonderful! Makes perfect sense!

Sorry but you are still confused and remain in the lack of understanding of what I am saying to you. Yes, Moshiach has already come three times and I explained to you how. From Egypt, from Babylon and now from the four corners of the earth. What is so hard to understand? History is my evidence.

Ben Avraham

It says in 49:15 "But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol; For He will recieve me." Thus confirming a different fate for the Prophets.

Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of soul which is not something we have but that we are. If you read Genesis 2:7, when the Lord formed man from the dust of the earth, He breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living soul. To become is to be and not to have. So, we are souls, we don't have souls. At death, the body goes back to the dust and the breath of life returns to God Who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7) Redemption happens only with the living ones from their sins when they take the chance to set things right with the Lords so that our sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

MJFlores

Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of soul which is not something we have but that we are. If you read Genesis 2:7, when the Lord formed man from the dust of the earth, He breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living soul. To become is to be and not to have. So, we are souls, we don't have souls. At death, the body goes back to the dust and the breath of life returns to God Who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7) Redemption happens only with the living ones from their sins when they take the chance to set things right with the Lords so that our sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

We share the same beliefs about death:
  1. The body rots and returns to dust
  2. The soul clings to the dust
  3. The spirit (breath of life) returns to God who gave it

Same thing was experienced by my Lord Jesus when he died except he was raised by God from the dead after 3 days. He was raised from the dead to be the firstborn from the dead.

And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:18

After which those in his church would also share his resurrection.

Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. Revelation 20:6

upload_2017-4-28_0-10-46.jpeg

Redemptionsong

Ben Avraham, Your rejection of a great wealth of Jewish tradition concerning the coming individual Messiah is surprising.
Isaiah 9:6,7. 'For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Thenmighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will perform this.'
To whom does this refer?

Ben Avraham

Ben Avraham, Your rejection of a great wealth of Jewish tradition concerning the coming individual Messiah is surprising. Isaiah 9:6,7. 'For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Thenmighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will perform this.' To whom does this refer?

If I don't find harmony between the Jewish traditions with the the Tanach, I prefer to stick to the Tanach rather than to the Jewish traditions. Now, as Isaiah 9:6,7 is concerned, that text is a prophecy of Isaiah about the homage the pagans in the district of the Gentiles in the Galilee paid to the real owners of the Land of Israel in their way back from Babylon at the end of the 70 years exile. (Isaiah 9:1-6) Regarding the child born of the virgin is a reference to Isaiah 7:14,15,22; 8:8. In 8:8 Isaiah identifies the child by name as Judah, the only Kingdom left to fulfill the role of Immanuel.

Ben Avraham

We share the same beliefs about death:
  1. The body rots and returns to dust
  2. The soul clings to the dust
  3. The spirit (breath of life) returns to God who gave it

Same thing was experienced by my Lord Jesus when he died except he was raised by God from the dead after 3 days. He was raised from the dead to be the firstborn from the dead. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:18. After which those in his church would also share his resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. Revelation 20:6.

No, the soul ceases to exist at death. The soul is only the composition of the body with the breath of life. Once that composition is undone, then the soul which is the person itself ceases to exist. Jesus could not have been raised from the dead because he was Jewish and according to his gospel which was the Tanach, once dead no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Psalms 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.) Jesus did not have a church; he was not a Christian. Paul was the one who founded the Christian Church in the city of Antioch. (Acts 11:26)

MJFlores

No, the soul ceases to exist at death. The soul is only the composition of the body with the breath of life. Once that composition is undone, then the soul which is the person itself ceases to exist. Jesus could not have been raised from the dead because he was Jewish and according to his gospel which was the Tanach, once dead no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Psalms 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.) Jesus did not have a church; he was not a Christian. Paul was the one who founded the Christian Church in the city of Antioch. (Acts 11:26)

I'm sure you read Ezekiel 37 the whole Chapter.

Well my Lord Jesus built a church Matt 16:18

Actually he fondly called his church my little flock and its members as sheep - as figure of speech

John 10:1-18 New International Version (NIV)

“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

upload_2017-4-28_8-10-58.jpeg

John 10:19-20 New International Version (NIV)

The Jews who heard these words were again divided. Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

Redemptionsong

If I don't find harmony between the Jewish traditions with the the Tanach, I prefer to stick to the Tanach rather than to the Jewish traditions. Now, as Isaiah 9:6,7 is concerned, that text is a prophecy of Isaiah about the homage the pagans in the district of the Gentiles in the Galilee paid to the real owners of the Land of Israel in their way back from Babylon at the end of the 70 years exile. (Isaiah 9:1-6) Regarding the child born of the virgin is a reference to Isaiah 7:14,15,22; 8:8. In 8:8 Isaiah identifies the child by name as Judah, the only Kingdom left to fulfill the role of Immanuel.
Psalm 89:39. 'Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.'
Psalm 89:43. 'Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.'
According to your gospel, Ben Avraham, Judah is become the Messiah, the king. Yet this does not match with scripture.
Hosea 5:15, The Lord says, 'I will go and return to my place, till they (Ephraim/Judah) acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.'
Hosea 6: 1-3: 'Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we will live in his sight. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.'
The only chance that Israel/Judah has of being healed by the LORD is for them to 'know the LORD'. The LORD 'shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.'

Ben Avraham

Psalm 89:39. 'Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.' Psalm 89:43. 'Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.' According to your gospel, Ben Avraham, Judah is become the Messiah, the king. Yet this does not match with scripture. Hosea 5:15, The Lord says, 'I will go and return to my place, till they (Ephraim/Judah) acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.'Hosea 6: 1-3: 'Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we will live in his sight. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.'The only chance that Israel/Judah has of being healed by the LORD is for them to 'know the LORD'. The LORD 'shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.'

Psalms 89:39, 40 is a reference to verses 36 and 37; to the line of David aka Judah. Why? Because the Divine promise is that his line would continue forever. Not David as an individual. Evidence is that he died but his line remains forever. That's why HaShem rejected the the Ten Tribes and confirmed Judah to remain forever. (Psalms 78:67-70)

Yes, according to my gospel which is the Tanach and which was the gospel of Jesus, Judah is the Messiah and better
yet, Judah has become the solo Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. Regarding Hosea 6:1-3, it is a reference to the exile which the Lord warned Judah to be patient because the time would be short; in three days the Lord would take them back. Three days here means "in a short time." Not in comparison to the Ten Tribes whose exile would be forever.

Ben Avraham

I'm sure you read Ezekiel 37 the whole Chapter. Well my Lord Jesus built a church Matt 16:18 Actually he fondly called his church my little flock and its members as sheep - as figure of speech.

Ezekiel 37 is about the vision of the "Dry Bones" which is a reference to the Jews in exile. If you read Isaiah 53:8,9 when Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living and graves are assigned to them among the nations. At the end of the exile, HaShem opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. Now, regarding building a church, don't fool yourself Flores, if Jesus could have built something, it would have to be a synagogue, not a church. When are you going to understand that he was a Jew and not a Christian? For heaven's sake, Flores, you must try to free yourself from the power of Christian preconceived notions![/QUOTE]

MJFlores

Ezekiel 37 is about the vision of the "Dry Bones" which is a reference to the Jews in exile. If you read Isaiah 53:8,9 when Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living and graves are assigned to them among the nations. At the end of the exile, HaShem opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. Now, regarding building a church, don't fool yourself Flores, if Jesus could have built something, it would have to be a synagogue, not a church. When are you going to understand that he was a Jew and not a Christian? For heaven's sake, Flores, you must try to free yourself from the power of Christian preconceived notions!
[/QUOTE]

I would use the ERV version of the bible.

Ezekiel 37:1-14 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

The Lord’s power came on me. The Spirit of the Lord carried me out of the city and put me down in the middle of the valley. The valley was full of dead men’s bones. There were many bones lying on the ground in the valley. The Lord made me walk all around among the bones. I saw the bones were very dry.

images

Then the Lord said to me, “Son of man, can these bones come to life?”

I answered, “Lord God, only you know the answer to that question.”

Then he said to me, “Speak to these bones for me. Tell them, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord! This is what the Lord God says to you: I will cause breath to come into you, and you will come to life! I will put sinew and muscles on you, and I will cover you with skin. Then I will put breath in you, and you will come back to life! Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”
images

So I spoke to the bones for the Lord, as he said. I was still speaking, when I heard the loud noise. The bones began to rattle, and bone joined together with bone! There before my eyes, I saw sinew and muscles begin to cover the bones. Skin began to cover them, but there was no breath in them.

Then the Lord said to me, “Speak to the wind for me. Son of man, speak to the wind for me. Tell the wind that this is what the Lord God says: ‘Wind, come from every direction and breathe air into these dead bodies! Breathe into them and they will come to life again!’”
images

So I spoke to the wind for the Lord, as he said, and the breath came into the dead bodies. They came to life and stood up. There were many men—a very large army!

Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones are like the whole family of Israel. The people of Israel say, ‘Our bones have dried up; our hope is gone. We have been completely destroyed!’ So speak to them for me. Tell them this is what the Lord God says: ‘My people, I will open your graves and bring you up out of them! Then I will bring you to the land of Israel. My people, I will open your graves and bring you up out of your graves, and then you will know that I am the Lord. I will put my Spirit in you, and you will come to life again. Then I will lead you back to your own land. Then you will know that I am the Lord. You will know that I said this and that I made it happen.’” This is what the Lord said.
images

Even the OLD Testament Bible speaks of resurrection, it happened before and will happen again a the end of time.

Daniel 12:1-3 New International Version (NIV)

“At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

upload_2017-4-29_9-37-40.jpeg

Ben Avraham

I would use the ERV version of the bible. Ezekiel 37:1-14 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) The Lord’s power came on me. The Spirit of the Lord carried me out of the city and put me down in the middle of the valley. The valley was full of dead men’s bones. There were many bones lying on the ground in the valley. The Lord made me walk all around among the bones. I saw the bones were very dry. Then the Lord said to me, “Son of man, can these bones come to life?” I answered, “Lord God, only you know the answer to that question.” Then he said to me, “Speak to these bones for me. Tell them, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord! This is what the Lord God says to you: I will cause breath to come into you, and you will come to life! I will put sinew and muscles on you, and I will cover you with skin. Then I will put breath in you, and you will come back to life! Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” So I spoke to the bones for the Lord, as he said. I was still speaking, when I heard the loud noise. The bones began to rattle, and bone joined together with bone! There before my eyes, I saw sinew and muscles begin to cover the bones. Skin began to cover them, but there was no breath in them. Then the Lord said to me, “Speak to the wind for me. Son of man, speak to the wind for me. Tell the wind that this is what the Lord God says: ‘Wind, come from every direction and breathe air into these dead bodies! Breathe into them and they will come to life again!’”So I spoke to the wind for the Lord, as he said, and the breath came into the dead bodies. They came to life and stood up. There were many men—a very large army! Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones are like the whole family of Israel. The people of Israel say, ‘Our bones have dried up; our hope is gone. We have been completely destroyed!’ So speak to them for me. Tell them this is what the Lord God says: ‘My people, I will open your graves and bring you up out of them! Then I will bring you to the land of Israel. My people, I will open your graves and bring you up out of your graves, and then you will know that I am the Lord. I will put my Spirit in you, and you will come to life again. Then I will lead you back to your own land. Then you will know that I am the Lord. You will know that I said this and that I made it happen.’” This is what the Lord said. Even the OLD Testament Bible speaks of resurrection, it happened before and will happen again a the end of time. Daniel 12:1-3 New International Version (NIV) “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

Well, I have already explained to you about the vision of the "Dry Bones" of Ezekiel 37 in the previous post. As you posted the quote above, focus on Ezekiel 37:11-14. It is all there. You don't even have to go after easier translations than that. There is absolutely nothing to do with bodily resurrection. It is all Christian preconceived notions anxious to interpolate a Christian doctrine into the Tanach. But it won't help if there is a Jew around to explain the text to you. Now as Daniel 12:1-3 is concerned, of the multitudes who sleep in the dust of the exile, those who decide to return to the Land of Israel, will get back to live eternal life as a people. Those who prefer to remain in the graves of exile will experience contempt and shame to remain as slaves of the Gentiles.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

Psalms 89:39, 40 is a reference to verses 36 and 37; to the line of David aka Judah. Why? Because the Divine promise is that his line would continue forever. Not David as an individual. Evidence is that he died but his line remains forever. That's why HaShem rejected the the Ten Tribes and confirmed Judah to remain forever. (Psalms 78:67-70)

Yes, according to my gospel which is the Tanach and which was the gospel of Jesus, Judah is the Messiah and better
yet, Judah has become the solo Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. Regarding Hosea 6:1-3, it is a reference to the exile which the Lord warned Judah to be patient because the time would be short; in three days the Lord would take them back. Three days here means "in a short time." Not in comparison to the Ten Tribes whose exile would be forever.

Judah was, and can be understood to represent, an individual as well as a people.
When I read the Tanach I find evidence that the Lord is angry at both Israel and Judah (the people). In 1 Kings 14:16 it says, 'And he (the Lord) shall give Israel up because of the sins of Jeroboam, who did sin, and who made Israel to sin.'
Hosea shows that Judah is not without sin. Judah is told by the Lord, 'I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence'. So this is a people who are sinful, and the sinless Lord is telling them that he will return to his place. Interesting this. The Lord has come from his place (heaven) and is now returning to his place (heaven). How long will he be gone? 'After two days will he revive us:' [the Talmud, using a Psalm, ascribes a thousand years to each day] 'in the third day he will raise us up, and we will live in his sight.'

Hosea 6:10,11. 'I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled. Also, O Judah, he hath set an harvest for thee, when I returned the captivity of my people.'

We know that the return from Babylon did not bring about a great renaissance for Judah. Nor was there a harvest. What is more, the great disaster of Jerusalem's destruction and subsequent diaspora after 70CE left Judah without knowledge of the Davidic line, without a Temple (making fulfilment of the Mosaic Law impossible), and cut off from its promised land. The Lord said,'I will tear and go away'. The good news is that he will 'heal us' and 'bind us up'. But who amongst Judah will be healed? Hosea 6:3 says those 'who follow on to know the LORD'. So the big questions for Jews must be, 'Do you know the Lord?' 'What does it mean to know the Lord?'

MJFlores

Well, I have already explained to you about the vision of the "Dry Bones" of Ezekiel 37 in the previous post. As you posted the quote above, focus on Ezekiel 37:11-14. It is all there. You don't even have to go after easier translations than that. There is absolutely nothing to do with bodily resurrection. It is all Christian preconceived notions anxious to interpolate a Christian doctrine into the Tanach. But it won't help if there is a Jew around to explain the text to you. Now as Daniel 12:1-3 is concerned, of the multitudes who sleep in the dust of the exile, those who decide to return to the Land of Israel, will get back to live eternal life as a people. Those who prefer to remain in the graves of exile will experience contempt and shame to remain as slaves of the Gentiles.

But it did speak of resurrection.

upload_2017-4-30_11-8-8.jpeg

Daniel 12:2 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

There are many who are dead and buried. Some of them will wake up and live forever, but others will wake up to shame and disgrace forever.

I did not even use the New Testament Bible (because you are Jewish) to show that there is the resurrection.