• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Will Never Return

JJ50

I am of the opinion that Jesus was no more than a charismatic human who could attract followers. Once he died, he stayed dead.

Redemptionsong

Well JJ50, we are all entitled to our opinions! But to be honest, I'm not interested in opinion. I'm interested in truth. My reading of the Bible has convinced me that these writings are God's word, not man's opinion. Maybe, you would like to prove me wrong by showing me that OT and NT scripture is not God's word! Alternatively, I can show you a few scriptures that might make you reconsider your opinion!

Last edited:

omega2xx

Jesus will never return.

A poster once told me that, in his opinion, the Second Coming of Jesus would happen only when--through entirely natural causes--our planet be on the verge of destruction, and not before.

Well, I said, I am glad to hear that because, in that case, Jesus will never return because, soon after the Flood the Lord promised Noah that He would never again allow another universal destruction to destroy Mankind as long as the natural laws function properly. (Gen. 8:21,22)

"As I have done" refers only to the flood. Go will not destroy the earth with a flood again. Next time it will be with fire--2 Pet3:10.

Jeremiah read that text and said that as long as the natural laws function properly Israel will never cease as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:36)

That verse has nothing to does with the destruction of the earth.

Jesus must have read those two texts; the one of Genesis and that of Jeremiah and completed the info that salvation comes from the Jews as he meant universal catastrophe. (John 4:22)

Jesus He would return and He can't life---Jn 14:3.

Abraham went further and said that as long as there is a minyan of ten righteous, universal destruction would never happen. (Gen. 18:32)

Actually God said that but it only referred to Sodom and Gomorrah

After all this, do you still think Jesus will need to come back? Hardly! Besides, Jesus' own gospel which was the Tanach, once dead, no one will ever return if you read II Samuel 12:23; Psalms 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.

It is not reading them that is your problem, it is understanding what you read and not putting it in context.

Cynicism and skepticism are the crudest form of quasi-intellectualism... Let the cynic become cynical of his cynicism and the skeptic skeptical of his skepticism and join the battle. R.C. Sproul

JJ50

Well JJ50, we are all entitled to our opinions! But to be honest, I'm not interested in opinion. I'm interested in truth. My reading of the Bible has convinced me that these writings are God's word, not man's opinion. Maybe, you would like to prove me wrong by showing me that OT and NT scripture is not God's word! Alternatively, I can show you a few scriptures that might make you reconsider your opinion!

My reading of the Bible has convinced me that it is a very human creation with no input from any god. The Bible god isn't a credible entity, and has all the worst of human characteristics.

Redemptionsong

Be specific, JJ50. As I see it, the whole Bible points to one person, the Lord Jesus Christ. What is it about the Lord Jesus Christ that you find so hard to accept? Is it His love that you find so hard to accept?

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

That Sabbath was a Shabbaton because the Passover fell on the weekly Sabbath. When a festival falls on the weekly Shabbat, it is called a special Sabbath.

I'm interested to follow this up, Ben Avraham. What evidence are you using to support the view that Pesach fell on the weekly Sabbath? Does scripture say it was a special Sabbath? The reason I ask is because the three days and nights could be calculated from Friday if the women did not visit the tomb on a Sunday morning, the first day of the week. The wording of Matthew 28:1, Luke 24:1 and John 20:1 is consistent in leaving out the word 'day'. In the KJV the word is italicized, meaning that it was not in the original. Furthermore the word for week is not actually in the singular, it is plural. The wording of Matthew 28:1 should read, 'In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first of weeks, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.'
Now you know very well that the expression 'first of weeks' is meaningful as regards the counting of the omer. This counting is meant to take place from the second day of Pesach for seven weeks. The second day after that particular Pesach would have been the third day after Jesus' crucifixion. If Jesus was raised to life on the second day of Pesach, then he would have been the fulfilment of the first fruits of the harvest.
This is an alternative possibility for accounting for three days and three nights in the tomb.

Last edited:

omega2xx

My reading of the Bible has convinced me that it is a very human creation with no input from any god. The Bible god isn't a credible entity, and has all the worst of human characteristics.

Then try studying it. My studying the Bible has convinced me there a God who loves me and will take me to be with Him in Heaven when I die.