• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was in union with God...can we be also?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Perhaps we are always one with god and it's about realization?
Absolutely right, in my opinion. :)

The story about Jesus is really about the journey of oneself. Sacrificing oneself and knowing that we're one with God already, and the kingdom of Heaven is within you, is what that spiritual walk is about. Jesus mentioned "ye are gods" in one place, which is from the Old Testament, and I think there's a bunch of small gems in there hinting to a deeper and different message than modern evangelicals' have. That's why they're so confused and can't find a stable rooting in their message. Pastors screw up constantly and change their message over time because they really haven't found the true value in it. The diamond is hidden in the rough, essentially. Look beyond words and stories and see yourself in it.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
My goodness, imagine the day when Christians see Jesus as their brother, rather than a lofty figure the can never themselves become!

That I experienced in some meetings in the past. Even some preachers did go that route, so I'm not unfamiliar with the concept of being a brother or sister to Jesus, however, to think of oneself of being Jesus, not just another Jesus, but being *that* Jesus, becoming him, that's a bit more heretical, but I think that's the true purpose of the story. By looking at Jesus, we're supposed to see ourselves. He's a mirror, and we supposed to mirror him.

Where they themselves will say, "I am the Son of God. He that has seen me has seen the Father". To me, that is what the Christian message is, but isn't recognized, or taught within its 'orthodox' standards.
Agree.

Probably because there's power and political influence won by separating a person from the true nature of the message. The message wasn't supposed to be a powertool in hands of career hungry pastors/preachers (thinking Paul here). It was supposed to be a grassroot experience. That's my opinion, of course, can't really prove it. :D Anyway, it's the greed of people who wants to own the minds and thoughts of other people; those who are afraid of letting the common people be free to experience God; they are the ones stealing the truth and hiding it. This kind of truth doesn't come from an external person telling us; it comes from within by realizing it.​