• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus vs Mohammed

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh good grief, have it your way. You do realize that this arugment can be use to neuter practically any comparisons between two individuals, real or fictional, right? Moral equivalence - gotta love it.
What on Earth are you talking about? I'm not neutering anything; all I'm saying is that we can talk about the characteristics of literary characters and even compare them to real people, and that we should recognize that the "real" Jesus, if he existed at all, is probably very different from the Jesus character in the Gospels, so we can't blindly equivocate between the two.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What on Earth are you talking about? I'm not neutering anything; all I'm saying is that we can talk about the characteristics of literary characters and even compare them to real people, and that we should recognize that the "real" Jesus, if he existed at all, is probably very different from the Jesus character in the Gospels, so we can't blindly equivocate between the two.
Following this line of reasoning, given what the chroniclers of Muhammad chose to report it makes one wonder what they chose to leave out. I guess we are just not going to see eye to eye on this one.

Muhktar

Alhamdulillah
I have a 2 questions to ask my muslim friends regarding Mohammed and Islam….. the way I see it is , what is at the core of these two believes , what are the fruits of studying these scriptures, lets take a look at the bible , now Christians today don’t follow the NT and the whole of the NT is all about love , Gods love , he comes to die a death on the cross, when he is chased down and crucify , while being totally blameless , he was a pacifists , he was not a violent man at all, its fair to say he was very peace loving – that what we belive and if you look across the world most Christians are peace lovers, you do get terrorist Christians , but no where near as widespread as ion Islam , it’s a case of Christians simply imitating the attitude and way Jesus lived

Now…

We come to Mohammed , well mohammed was a man , the perfect muslim , a man who was a walking miracle , that could perform miracles , so he must have been sent from god …right...so we see mohammed very very early on in his life attack his former hometown , because muslims where being persecuted, surely he should have given himself over to them and let allah protect him , anyway so he attacks his former town , and becomes a political warlord , putting arbia to the sword for 7 years , fighting , killing and general being violent –those muslims who are violent today are simply following mohammed as the perfect muslim and using him as an example on how to live there life, is that a fair statement ?

Is it fair to say mohammed live was a long violent battle to spread islam by the sword , and Jesus live was the story of love for the whole of mankind (believers and unbelievers) – if that not a fair statement how would you describe mohammeds live and Jesus live

Are these far statements I would love some feedback I really appreciate the discussions …take care

Christian terrorists, do your reasearch. The number of them isn't so minascule as you think.

As for Muhammad attacking his home city 'early in his life', we was 40 when he received a first revelation.... so I don't think it was that early.

And you need to think, maybe it was not God's plan to send Muhammad into his home city to 'talk' it back into his control. And if you really knew your facts, you'd know that the reclaiming of Makkah was non-violent.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
for the Muslims Jesus had born by miracle (from waman without man ) as exactly Eva (from man without waman) , God show his verity in creation , creat without man and waman (Adam) , without woman (Eva ) , without (Man) Jesus ,with man and waman the rest of human .
and God gave him (Jesus ) some miracles to show that he is special as the other prophets before him (Moses ....etc )

simply the Bible clearly told us that God will punish the Jews by given his love to another people to carrying his message to the world

De 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people;I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
Mt 21:43 43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

what you ignore that Bible had spoken for Muhammad , but the editors of the orignal bible (Torah and New testement ) delete most of his names and his incoming.....why ?
[youtube]cur_6aYs_7k[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪The absolute truth about Muhammad in the bible: Rabbis who acknowledging the fact and...PART 1‬‏

simply because he (Muhammd ) was Arabic not Jewish Prophet