• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Truths savagewind and kjw47

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the point I wish to make is that Jehovah's Witnesses believe many things that are not found in the bible. Other religions do too. So why are the governing body members to be believed they teach "Jesus' truths" whenever they teach something is true but it is not found in the bible? Do they hear from Jesus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have posted "Jesus' truths", "God's truth" and that Jesus gave us men to teach their truths but some things they teach are not in the Bible. Are Jesus' truths, God's truth and the faithful and discreet slave's truth the same?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another question I am asking myself is does God's purpose for the Earth use all people or only some people. I think the answer is some people. It may be what 144,000 means. I know the Jehovah's Witesses' doctrine says it is a literal number of exactly 144,000 souls but I don't agree 144,000 is for numbering souls. It is for realizing that only some people have a mind and the attitude to obey God in connection with the accomplishment of God's will be done. Everyone else praying for it is like a chorus so they are involved too but you see, not really. They would be to assist for the significant down-to-earth matters of any one of the 144,000. People say the sheep of Jesus' illustration are believers who in some kind way assist anyone who is in need. (Matthew 25:31-46) But isn't it about helping Jesus' brothers (and sisters), the 144,000 which of course, like I said above, is not a literal number?

Matthew 25:40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

I think that is one thing the JWs got right which is the brothers written at Matthew 25:40 does not mean any human being. But they say the governing body members are Jesus's brothers and the scripture is about doing good to them. There are A LOT of people doing them good.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Today I have come to the conclusion you are never going to talk to me. I have given up hope for it. Good bye.